The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (83 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm enjoying this idea that the eu enriches the citizens of all its nations......ha.

Yep it's true, Bulgaria, Romania, greece etc. Are all a little richer since joining the eu......but relative to the eu primary nations, they are becoming poorer by the year.....

Boiled, condensed and precipitated exploitation.

Kingokings204

Well yeah, that’s the nature of a free trade area. It also makes its citizens richer than the alternative and is more effective at tackling things like climate change and tax avoidance than a groupnof atomised competitive nations.

You could argue the same about MPs being bound by treaties, were still members of the WTO, NATO, etc. It’s basic social contract stuff, trade a little agency for a little safety and prosperity.

It’s not free trade, we pay around 20b a year to the EU. Certainly not free.

martcov

I'm enjoying this idea that the eu enriches the citizens of all its nations......ha.

Yep it's true, Bulgaria, Romania, greece etc. Are all a little richer since joining the eu......but relative to the eu primary nations, they are becoming poorer by the year.....

Really? Where do you get your „facts“ from? C.A. or Breitbart?

fernandopartridge

Yep. How exactly is it beneficial to extract their educated youth to provide cheap labour in the richer countries? Exactly whom does it benefit?

martcov

You can tell Brexit is going down by the amount of BS flying around. It must be difficult to slag Corbyn off at the same time as saying the EU is a capitalist club and the EUSSR. Full time disinformation.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Really? Where do you get your „facts“ from? C.A. or Breitbart?

The figures are out there and freely available...gross, per capita, cost of living etc.. ...which ever way you look at it...its clear to see....unless you don't wanna see it of course?

martcov

martcov

One view from Bulgaria:

„Despite the slow progress, we are happier than a decade ago or so it seems. Compared to ten years ago, a larger percentage of Bulgarians and Romanians are satisfied with the lives they lead, as the Eurobarometer public opinion reports from 2007 and 2016 show.“

martcov

Ashdown

One view from Bulgaria:

„Despite the slow progress, we are happier than a decade ago or so it seems. Compared to ten years ago, a larger percentage of Bulgarians and Romanians are satisfied with the lives they lead, as the Eurobarometer public opinion reports from 2007 and 2016 show.“
What a pile of crap, my mate has 3 properties in Bulgaria, he has laughed so much at how much of OUR EU money has been pumped into this former Axis country to build up their infrastructure.........just whilst ours has been falling apart at the seams !! They have some lovely Ski resorts now for mainly Germans to attend, all furnished and paid for by EU funding.

martcov

„Average net wages in Romania increased by a real 9.5% y/y in Q4 2017, according to bne IntelliNewscalculations based on statistics office data.

Much slower rates are expected starting January 2018, after the government made broad income taxation and social security contribution reforms — although major (and unrealistic) wage hikes are still being promised by the ruling coalition as of March.

The 9.5% y/y rise in Q4 is a very robust rate in absolute terms, but still the weakest performance in two and a half years.“

Plenty of lies around as you point out.

martcov

What a pile of crap, my mate has 3 properties in Bulgaria, he has laughed so much at how much of OUR EU money has been pumped into this former Axis country to build up their infrastructure.........just whilst ours has been falling apart at the seams !! They have some lovely Ski resorts now for mainly Germans to attend, all furnished and paid for by EU funding.

They are doing well as the EU has improved the EU. The % of „our money“ compared to our GDP funding Bulgaria is negligible.

The more these countries grow, the better for us. Peace and prosperity in Europe benefits us immensely.

Grendel

„The minimum salary in Romania rose ten times its nominal value in less than 20 years. This helps to explain the transformation that the Romanian economy is facing, attracting a number of companies, investors and immigrants to the country.“

Depends when you start counting. Wages growing now.

Well no as you said they were better off when they joined the EU which is why I chose 10 years - that’s when they’ve been in the Eu

I’m just exposing your lie that’s all

martcov

Are the ski resorts free for Germans?

martcov

Well no as you said they were better off when they joined the EU which is why I chose 10 years - that’s when they’ve been in the Eu

I’m just exposing your lie that’s all

You chose 10 years, which is correct, but you forgot to except 2008 and 2009 where the weakest countries got hit the worst by the world recession. Apart from that Bulgaria, as an example, has seen continuous wage growth. As with all these recovering countries the wealth and wage growth is concentrated in the large cities.

Grendel

They are doing well as the EU has improved the EU. The % of „our money“ compared to our GDP funding Bulgaria is negligible.

The more these countries grow, the better for us. Peace and prosperity in Europe benefits us immensely.

Read some articles on what Bulgarians think. The big con is that Eu membership means increased industrialisation and employment purely as wages are outrageously low. Governments remain corrupt and people remain poor.

Grendel

You chose 10 years, which is correct, but you forgot to except 2008 and 2009 where the weakest countries got hit the worst by the world recession. Apart from that Bulgaria, as an example, has seen continuous wage growth. As with all these recovering countries the wealth and wage growth is concentrated in the large cities.

You said better since the Eu - just showing your lies for your Nazi brethren that’s all

martcov

You said better since the Eu - just showing your lies for your Nazi brethren that’s all

Yes. Technically you are right, but you are twisting the facts to suit your argument and your quote is from the unions who have an agenda. The reality is now and the last 5 years even if there was a big blip 10 years ago.

Grendel

Yes. Technically you are right, but you are twisting the facts to suit your argument and your quote is from the unions who have an agenda. The reality is now and the last 5 years even if there was a big blip 10 years ago.

So you are saying that a decline had nothing to do with the Eu but subsequent increase from a low base (which happens in every country post collapse) does.

That’s not true is it? How’s the construction industry and health systems doing over there?

martcov

Read some articles on what Bulgarians think. The big con is that Eu membership means increased industrialisation and employment purely as wages are outrageously low. Governments remain corrupt and people remain poor.

I thought investment and jobs were good things. You are right about corruption, but that has been endemic since the communist era. It has to be fought.

Users who are viewing this thread