The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (49 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dancers lance

You lot are arguing about nothing, when Labour win the next general election Diane Abbott will take charge of any numbers relating to anything that needs maths, or calculations or something, anyway, she will say that there is billions or non of everything in the sea and we are all free to fish for between 1 and eleventyteen sea wasps or bats, each per year....which is 7465 days per year........or something.

wingy

Wrong. He attended 100% of fishery meetings to start with when first elected. He had no power and was constantly outvoted by circa 90%. he then attended 1 of 42 as you stated. There was no point.
All a big waste of time.

I repeat countries like France and Belgium like the fact we can only catch 9% of our own haddock when haddock stocks especially are very high at the moment.
Why do you think those stocks are up, Cod was nearly obselete by 1999 is just about considered sustainable again .
In your world I think it would be back to the Cod Wars with Iceland again, where we got our arse kicked every time .
The CFP has been a success and Improving further with Maximum yield introduction.
I've lived through forty years of the common agricultural policy and the produce we have available never waivers in quality quantity and is relatively cheap compared to the percentage of income in the 60's-70's.
You Farage and Mogg may need to get your head round the Idea that when we leave certain academics and Bodies believe the UK may set it's own limits lower than the EU on sustainability grounds.

Last edited:

chiefdave

From the you couldn’t make it up section when our passport colour changes to blue they will no longer be printed in the UK.

We will pay a Dutch company £490m to print them in France.

martcov

I must be blind...your rants are always appear to me like Brexit-slating.

'It may succeed'...your anti-Brexit stance is looking a little shaky

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No. It is not shaky, it is stating one possibility which is less likely. It is more likely that Brexit will cause immense damage. It is impossible to predict with 100% accuracy, but up until now, there is nothing to suggest we will have any great benefits from Brexit. We haven’t got a deal with EU and we haven’t got a deal with anyone else or even Port controls to enforce any deal with anyone. Grayling has said it is impossible to control Dover for customs. Throwing fish into the Thames from a boat when you haven’t even got permission to dock the fxxking boat only makes the liar in chief and his fans look stupid.

You can call that an anti Brexit rant, but it doesn’t alter what I am saying. Where are the benefits?

martcov

From the you couldn’t make it up section when our passport colour changes to blue they will no longer be printed in the UK.

Which was predicted. Only difference in the prediction is that it is a Dutch company not a German.

martcov

Wrong. He attended 100% of fishery meetings to start with when first elected. He had no power and was constantly outvoted by circa 90%. he then attended 1 of 42 as you stated. There was no point.
All a big waste of time.

I repeat countries like France and Belgium like the fact we can only catch 9% of our own haddock when haddock stocks especially are very high at the moment.

You use the word outvoted as if there is democracy in the EU which you keep parroting is not the case. Being outvoted means you are in a minority, not that there is no democracy. If the commission was a waste of time, why did they keep having votes and what were the votes on? Why wasn’t he putting in our U.K. point of view regardless? That is what he is paid for and what he was elected for.

He was more interested in gravy training and shagging his mistresses. The guy is a total scam merchant.

Fishing does not employ many people and there are several reasons for fishing restrictions including international rules, stock levels and climate effects which include temperature changes.

Farage can throw dead fish into the Thames as much as he wants, but these things won’t change.

What is coming out, is how your „facts“ are influenced by companies controlled by billionaires and acting in their interests, and are targeting people like yourself. Remarkable that Farage is in Bannon‘s sphere of influence who was, until recently, working for the billionaire Mercer family, and who has a clear agenda.

You are supposed to be angry and are not programmed to check facts. I asked you if you checked Farage‘s statement. You dodged the question.

martcov

Boris Johnson explains the motivation for the Salisbury attack:

( as reported in the Independent)

„He told MPs: “As many non-democratic figures do when facing an election or some critical political moment, it is often attractive to conjure up in the public imagination the notion of an enemy.

“That is what I think it was – an attempt to excite amongst the Russian electorate.”“

Interesting. How did he arrive at this conclusion? Notion of an enemy..... now where have we seen that before? And who has been criticised for doing that in the U.K.?

Astute

Which site has enlightened us to how much the EU has cost? Was this a neutral website? The last time I checked on my tax letter it was something tiny compared to the rest of the tax I pay, unless the government have been telling lies about that as well?

I'd personally prefer to listen to academic experts than the likes of that chancer Farage. Gove's comment about how "Britain has had enough of experts" was ridiculous.
If it is such a small amountnwhy be horrified on how much 3 years payments to the EU is?

Astute

A mate of mine regularly likes and shares pro brexit groups and posts. They’ve all got generic names like “out means out” “I voted leave” and variations of that theme and he believes everything that they say without question. He shared one the other week that claimed that no deal was the best deal as the Germans would be paying eleventy gazillion a second (slight exaggeration but you get the point) of import tariffs on BMW’s and Mercedes cars. I pointed out to him that the clue is in the title and it’s the importer who the import tariffs not the exporter. He wouldn’t have it. Fake news through Facebook and he bought it hook line and sinker.

Even the fake fake news gets mistaken as fact. Again on Facebook, different mate now ex mate who was sharing loads of photos of Muslim looking men apparently landing on the European coast claiming to be refugees but apparently really IS fighters. Anyhow, Britain Furst (a Britain first parody) put a picture of Ice cube holding an AK (album cover I believe) next to a picture of Ice cube in a canoe (taken from the film up the creek I believe) piss taking saying look at this IS fighter posing with his AK and this photo of him arriving on the coast of Greece. Anyhow him and more racist he knows believe it was a genuine IS fighter, trying my best to be a mate I pointed out it was Ice cube stop being stupid and got bombarded with abuse from his mates and less so from him. I explained to that it was Britain Furst who posted it and not Britain First at which point he unfriended me. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
How about the fake.news on how bad it would.be if we voted leave?

And how about how bad it will get when nobody knows how good or bad it will be?

I have my own mind. I called the experts wrong on this thread. I was right. And I have been right on nearly everything so far. Yet you and others tell me what I say is wrong all the time.

I am off to France later. I am going with a mate for a very long weekend. My sister runs a pub there. Yet I am seen as anti Europe and want it all to collapse. I am supposed to want all EU citizens kicked out of Britain and don't care if we get kicked out of the EU. Some of the arguments on here are pathetic.

And then I am told I am wrong to be worried about the racist vote growing throughout the EU. It isn't a problem that about 1 in 6 in Germany support a racist party.

I wish the whole thing never started. But we can blame Cameron for that. Some vote winner eh.

Astute

It is a small amount in comparison to our trade and services. I said I don't understand why it has now become a large amount to repaid over many years. I said I don't get that and noone on here has explained it.

Some money will be wrongly placed and some misappropriated - e.g. by UKIP MEPs and their party. The idea is to clamp down on that and bring people to justice. Leaving won't stop some people in charge of our money dipping the till.

Brexit is becoming a disaster and we are not there yet. We are waiting to see what deal we get. Some companies are relocating and our economy is not growing as fast as others in the EU despite the favourable world growth. Citizens rights are still not clear and the Irish question is far from being solved. We don't know how we are going to control our borders if we are not in the single market. So much to taking control.

You can look the other way, but some signs are already there and whatever happens, the so called 'global Britain' and dead easy trade deals are nowhere to be seen. Keep waiting for your Unicorns. You'll have a long wait.

I remember cool Britannia and people looked up to us as a country going places. Now people keep asking what the hell are we doing and why? Fishing grounds? Blue passports? Sovereignty? WTF...
What a load of twaddle.

And it is only remoaners that keep going on about blue passports. As though it is why we are leaving the EU.

Astute

The biggest joke is listening to Farage bleat on about fishing quotas when in fact he was on the fishing quota working party/group and only attended 1/42 meetings.

He is odious clown.
Nobody disagrees with your last line.

But what about throwing backperfectly good fish that won't survive? How about using them to feed the homeless?

Or should we put signs in the water telling the fish which ones we need to swim into the nets?

martcov

I have my own mind. I called the experts wrong on this thread. I was right. And I have been right on nearly everything so far. Yet you and others tell me what I say is wrong all the time.

I am off to France later. I am going with a mate for a very long weekend. My sister runs a pub there. Yet I am seen as anti Europe and want it all to collapse. I am supposed to want all EU citizens kicked out of Britain and don't care if we get kicked out of the EU. Some of the arguments on here are pathetic.

And then I am told I am wrong to be worried about the racist vote growing throughout the EU. It isn't a problem that about 1 in 6 in Germany support a racist party.

I wish the whole thing never started. But we can blame Cameron for that. Some vote winner eh.

12,5% = 1 in 8

The rest is just you claiming to be a victim.

Astute

Because you asked which countries. As in who? Not what did we vote?
Why not say 'we' like us Brits living here would and not Germany where you have lived for longer than many on here have been alive?

Astute

Farage described it as „the first tangible benefit“. He is not a remainers.
Yes Farage who nearly everyine thinks is an idiot at best.

Try naming someone who means something. Then you will have a.point to make.

Astute

No. It is not shaky, it is stating one possibility which is less likely. It is more likely that Brexit will cause immense damage. It is impossible to predict with 100% accuracy, but up until now, there is nothing to suggest we will have any great benefits from Brexit. We haven’t got a deal with EU and we haven’t got a deal with anyone else or even Port controls to enforce any deal with anyone. Grayling has said it is impossible to control Dover for customs. Throwing fish into the Thames from a boat when you haven’t even got permission to dock the fxxking boat only makes the liar in chief and his fans look stupid.

You can call that an anti Brexit rant, but it doesn’t alter what I am saying. Where are the benefits?
We don't have any deals as we are presently ruled by the EU. And they won't allow us to make any deals until we have left.

But don't let the truth get in the way of you making a point.

Astute

You use the word outvoted as if there is democracy in the EU which you keep parroting is not the case. Being outvoted means you are in a minority, not that there is no democracy.
But is your view on the UK voting to leave the EU similar?

Astute

12,5% = 1 in 8

The rest is just you claiming to be a victim.
As you well know with living in Germany their support has continued to grow.

1 in 8 isn't a problem? The UK is nowhere near that. But you make out that the UK is full of racists. I would hate to live in a country where anywhere near that amount voted for racism. Ukip campaigned on leaving the EU. Different kettle of fish. But they still didn't get the votes that the racists did in Germany. And Germany does well out of the EU.

Kingokings204

In response to chief Dave as they were a few posts back;

Yes I agree farage should of voted and I agreed with Ian he is a clown but he was outvoted on the behalf of Britain everytime by about 90%. Mart says that’s democracy and that’s fine but still doesn’t help British workers and fisherman though does it?

Also I disagree with some stock comments. Haddock stocks are very high at the moment especially in the West Country and they can’t help but catch them, my point was because the stocks are plentiful they have to give them back. You can’t ask which fish you catch in your net can you? Doesn’t work like that.

I do accept fishing isn’t a major industry but it could be so do we try and help them best we can or do we say sorry you’re not a massive economy for us and sod them all.

Astute

In response to chief Dave as they were a few posts back;

Yes I agree farage should of voted and I agreed with Ian he is a clown but he was outvoted on the behalf of Britain everytime by about 90%. Mart says that’s democracy and that’s fine but still doesn’t help British workers and fisherman though does it?

Also I disagree with some stock comments. Haddock stocks are very high at the moment especially in the West Country and they can’t help but catch them, my point was because the stocks are plentiful they have to give them back. You can’t ask which fish you catch in your net can you? Doesn’t work like that.

I do accept fishing isn’t a major industry but it could be so do we try and help them best we can or do we say sorry you’re not a massive economy for us and sod them all.
Fishing isn't a major industry. But it is....or was for a lot of areas.

skybluetony176

Again same question to you that sickboy didn’t answer me on.

What’s “funny” about chucking away perfectly good fish to die due to a ridiculous Eu haddock quota?

Those meetings as he explained on GMB this morning as everyone knows that committee doesn’t have any power. It’s a waste of time. You never mentioned all the fishery meetings he attended when first an MEP until he realized he couldn’t do anything and he was pissing in the wind. Why bother?

I’ve already said more than once in this thread that the EU’s fishing policy is mental and does more harm than good to fishing stocks. Said more than once that if the referendum had have left us with a second referendum on the terms I may well have voted leave myself so I could vote for leave to be something similar to Norway. Norway has its own fishing policy of you land what you catch so don’t throw away dead fish because they’re undersized.

Which is exactly why it’s ironic that Ferage was throwing EU regulation fish away.

And if Ferage says something is a waste of time it would depend on what your reason for being an MEP. If you have no interest in reforming the EU because you want the EU to look incapable of reform you wouldn’t attend anything and then declare it a waste of time.

Sick Boy

Hahaha...you pretended to be neutral for ages while seemingly being very anti-EU.

What exactly have you been right about so far? Not a lot from what I can tell.

So your sister runs a pub in France? It's nice that you think that opportunity should be denied to future generations of British citizens. I'd be fuming if I was going to lose my rights because of people like you.

The 'racist vote' has been majorly fuelled by the illegal immigration into the EU, this would continue regardless of the EU and people from outside of the EU will still try and come here illegally once Britain has left.

skybluetony176

You don’t know it’s fake yet. Claiming that Germany will have to pay billions of pounds in OUR import duty is though. That wasn’t true before we joined the EU, hasn’t been true during our membership of the EU and won’t be true after we leave. There’s a big difference between getting a prediction of what will happen when we leave and a bare faced lie about how import tariffs work. Only one is fake news and it’s the bare face lie. Yet people buy it.

Astute

Hahaha...you pretended to be neutral for ages while seemingly being very anti-EU.

What exactly have you been right about so far? Not a lot from what I can tell.
I disagreed with the experts on most of what they said. Like severe job losses and house prices plummeting.

So what have you been right about so far that has happened and is not what you think will happen?

Racist vote? Why didn't you reply to the link I did earlier where a lot of the highest leave votes were in high Asian populated areas? Or are you saying it is the Asians that are racist?

Sick Boy

I disagreed with the experts on most of what they said. Like severe job losses and house prices plummeting.

So what have you been right about so far that has happened and is not what you think will happen?

Most of what I've said has been about when Brexit has actually happened . When you say experts do you mean the likes of Georgey boy? As I said, I'd rather listen to academic experts than the likes of Farage and Rees-Mogg.

I'm sure future generations will thank you for believing that their rights should be taken away from them, yet it seems to be fine for your sister to do it.

Astute

You don’t know it’s fake yet. Claiming that Germany will have to pay billions of pounds in OUR import duty is though. That wasn’t true before we joined the EU, hasn’t been true during our membership of the EU and won’t be true after we leave. There’s a big difference between getting a prediction of what will happen when we leave and a bare faced lie about how import tariffs work. Only one is fake news and it’s the bare face lie. Yet people buy it.
Just the same as the remain fake news. But you only look at one side and ignore the other.

Maybe if some of you tried looking at the whole picture instead of just one angle you would understand more. Saying that we don't know what will happen and then only preaching from one side won't get you anywhere.

Astute

Most of what I've said has been about when Brexit has actually happened . When you say experts do you mean the likes of Georgey boy? As I said, I'd rather listen to academic experts than the likes of Farage and Rees-Mogg.

I'm sure future generations will thank you for believing that their rights should be taken away from them, yet it seems to be fine for your sister to do it.
I am wasting my time with you. You only notice what you want ti and ignore the rest.

skybluetony176

If it wasn’t for the fact that it’s going to put British jobs at risk it would be funny. Only one way around it. Renew your EU burgundy passport before we leave so you don’t put money unnecessarily in the hands of the EU dictators for 10 years.

skybluetony176

Just the same as the remain fake news. But you only look at one side and ignore the other.

Maybe if some of you tried looking at the whole picture instead of just one angle you would understand more. Saying that we don't know what will happen and then only preaching from one side won't get you anywhere.
There’s making unknown assumptions and then there is plain bullshit. I presume you understand the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread