The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (19 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

But you support the PM preventing Parliament from meeting?

Well John Major did he didn’t have the Blairite social club to contend with

Brighton Sky Blue

Well John Major did he didn’t have the Blairite social club to contend with

He was trying to block corruption in the party from being investigated. Not much more morally just really is it?

But that’s neither here nor there-you bitch about democracy being obstructed but want it to happen to Parliament. More mental gymnastics G

SkyBlueDom26

He was trying to block corruption in the party from being investigated. Not much more morally just really is it?

But that’s neither here nor there-you bitch about democracy being obstructed but want it to happen to Parliament. More mental gymnastics G
Lets be honest though, the majority of parliament/Mp's want us to remain in the Eu therefore not implementing what the majority voted for in the referendum! Even if Boris gets us a better deal which is good for the UK, something will be wrong somewhere :banghead:

Last edited:

Grendel

You do realise the “supreme” court is a Blair creation?

shmmeee

Lets be honest though, the majority of parliament/Mp's want us to remain in the Eu therefore not implementing what the majority voted for in the referendum! Even if Boris gets us a better deal which is good for the UK, something will be wrong somewhere :banghead:

No. Let’s actually be honest.

There has been an election since the referendum that returned a parliament that reflects the electorate: it’s split three ways and there’s no majority for anything.

Boris won’t come up with a better deal, because he hasn’t been trying.

There is no deal that is better for the UK than Remain.

you’re getting angry at imaginary remainers in an imaginary future scenario you created in your head.

SkyBlueDom26

No. Let’s actually be honest.

There has been an election since the referendum that returned a parliament that reflects the electorate: it’s split three ways and there’s no majority for anything.

Boris won’t come up with a better deal, because he hasn’t been trying.

There is no deal that is better for the UK than Remain.

you’re getting angry at imaginary remainers in an imaginary future scenario you created in your head.

Of course he is trying to get a better deal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But we've had a GE since the referendum. Surely therefore any parliament would reflect the importance of Brexit if the people wished it so. There was nothing to stop them voting in the one-issue partyUKIP to make sure the job got done if they'd wanted. They didn't - in fact they pretty much disappeared off the political map. So if parliament is as pro-remain as you believe it is, it's because the people voted for that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yet a second referendum failed to garner enough votes in the Commons and revoking A50 would get even fewer. MPs have tried hard to polish this turd even though it is tantamount to national self harm

rob9872

Not popped in here for a while. Same old arguments from both sides and of course the contributors!

I imagine after today's ruling, we'll get the GE very soon. Either through a vote of no confidence or removing No Deal. If that happens and the majority of MP's elected are leave MP's, presumably they can then vote to reverse that no deal option and put it back into play (assuming of course that a deal hasn't been agreed by 31st October)?

shmmeee

Not popped in here for a while. Same old arguments from both sides and of course the contributors!

I imagine after today's ruling, we'll get the GE very soon. Either through a vote of no confidence or removing No Deal. If that happens and the majority of MP's elected are leave MP's, presumably they can then vote to reverse that no deal option and put it back into play (assuming of course that a deal hasn't been agreed by 31st October)?

Yep. No Parliament can bind a future parliament

NorthernWisdom

They can indeed.

Would be a bit crazy to tie us to something for all eternity.

SkyBlueDom26

Depends if Jeremy is still running scared of a GE

SkyBlueDom26

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

I wonder if Tory Party MP’s are now questioning their logic in voting Boris into the final two and if Tory Party members are now questioning their logic in voting him leader?

Sky Blue Pete

You’ve got to laugh! It isn’t about Brexit it’s about preparing the queens speech. They’ve only taken it to court to thwart Brexit . Huh and

I respect judges but they’ve got this completely wrong!!

Boris is a complete fuckwit

SkyblueBazza

Well there’s a fair argument that those people don’t understand politics and democracy would be better off if they didn’t vote. Voting is a responsibility to be informed as well as a right IMO.

but again, if people want to not vote and leave it to others to decide, that is their right.
They did that in the referendum & you can't accept it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Why hasn’t he been negotiating then? Why hasn’t he made any proposals?

What evidence do you have that he’s trying to get a better deal? His word? The word of a man sacked twice for lying and just found by the Supreme Court to be a liar?

Found by the Supreme Court to be a liar...except he was acting on the advice of the Attourney General it is now being shown.

No proposals? Says...the media...& the EU people. Well yesterday even the Gaurdian was reporting Barnier as saying Boris's backstop solution was unacceptable. So you are being very selective aren't you?.

You do realise he doesn't really do much negotiating? He sets the course & David Frost & his team of 3 does the actual negotiating. And they HAVE been negotiating all the time behind the scenes, which...oh sorry, that's just me & my conspiracy theories again I suppose?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The real issue at hand as I see it is when will this thread max out or do we have to contact record breakers about the highest number of pages a thread has ever had and are all the contributors then a record breaker.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Waiting for Cameron to come riding in on his white horse, apologise for putting us into this shit position with the bold statement of ‘don’t worry one and all, I’m here now, and I’m going to sort it all out for us all’

shmmeee

Found by the Supreme Court to be a liar...except he was acting on the advice of the Attourney General it is now being shown.

No proposals? Says...the media...& the EU people. Well yesterday even the Gaurdian was reporting Barnier as saying Boris's backstop solution was unacceptable. So you are being very selective aren't you?.

You do realise he doesn't really do much negotiating? He sets the course & David Frost & his team of 3 does the actual negotiating. And they HAVE been negotiating all the time behind the scenes, which...oh sorry, that's just me & my conspiracy theories again I suppose?

Mate. There is not some EU conspiracy. That frustration you see isn’t put on. We really have been that useless.

Our “proposal” was to remove the backstop, which we know can’t happen for Ireland. It was a bluff that took as long as it takes to grab a sharpie and scribble out the backstop to prepare.

There is no secret plan. There’s no reason for any plan to be secret. UK business needs to know the plan ASAP, our services need to be planning for the plan ASAP, if there was a plan we’d have seen it by now.

The terms have been clear for years, if we want our red lines on trade policy, laws, budget commitments, FoM, etc. we have to choose between a border on the island of Ireland or in the sea with a customs union in NI.

The Tories have had to rely on the DUP or they’d probably throw Ireland to the dogs, that’s why they’re desperate for a route to a majority that doesn’t rely on them. Boris being the monumental fuck up he always has been, has managed to split his party instead.

Any talk of Remainer or EU conspiracy is just distraction for the fucking terrible job the government is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread