That is how to look after fans (5 Viewers)

Grendel

Why are people selfish for wanting to watch top class rugby?

You are not a CCFC fan are you?

stupot07

This is a very interesting article about Wycombe Wanderers and Wasps relationship at Adams Park.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/team/wycombe-to-go-it-alone/

Some interesting points regarding wasps impact on Wycombe Wanderers:
- loss of identity
- loss of fans
- loss of column inches
- loss of status

And that's before the perceived lack of financial benefit.

I think those 4 things are already happening to us just 3 months into the new 'relationship'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Why are people selfish for wanting to watch top class rugby?

Why were they for watching the team they have supported for years?

(I am not saying they are selfish, people can do what they want. I just find it interesting that a lot of the people giving it the selfish / spineless stuff about sixfields now come on here preaching about just wanting to watch "Top Class Rugby")

bigfatronssba

(I am not saying they are selfish, people can do what they want. I just find it interesting that a lot of the people giving it the selfish / spineless stuff about sixfields now come on here preaching about just wanting to watch "Top Class Rugby")

Name names.

bigfatronssba

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's a waste of time mate, the desperate attempts to excuse Wasps is bizarre to say the least.

Dont support Wasps I watch CCFC and Cov. I made my point about Wasps taking over ACL,made a mistake by not doing it on here, in future I'll let things happen and come on here bleating about it well it works for you doesn't it?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You really are a fucking knob

Nick

Administrator
Fair enough, I did walk into that one!

Whilst your trawling through my history you will note on plenty of occasions I have said that I understand why people went, I just thought they were wrong to do so.

Which of course is your opinion, I think people who go to Wasps are perfectly entitled to. I hope people do enjoy it as for Rugby fans I can see why it could be a good thing. My issue is when people were throwing the selfish crap about before, but come on here going on and on about Wasps.

Can you see my point?

bigfatronssba

Which of course is your opinion, I think people who go to Wasps are perfectly entitled to. I hope people do enjoy it as for Rugby fans I can see why it could be a good thing. My issue is when people were throwing the selfish crap about before, but come on here going on and on about Wasps.

Can you see my point?

If your talking about individuals then yes I get your point. However I do think that you maybe using isolated examples where people have said something they don't really mean. For instance when I wrote that I was probably particularly angry that day and come out with something that wasn't truly reflective of my opinion.

My reasons for wanting people to stay away from sixfields was because I believed low crowds would bring us back here quicker. I also think the overwhelming majority of those who went did so because they didn't think staying away would help bring the club back. As much as I might disagree with that theory, I don't think these people were selfish, as I know they were just as unhappy with the situation as the rest of us.

However there were a few, who repeatedly come out with comments about how much better it was there and how quick it was to get away from the ground etc. Basically those who claimed to prefer it. They, imo, were very selfish, because they were putting their own personal needs ahead of the clubs.

Therefore when you tar all the boycotters with the aggressive name calling tag, it would be no different to me putting you into the "enjoyed being at sixfields" tag.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If your talking about individuals then yes I get your point. However I do think that you maybe using isolated examples where people have said something they don't really mean. For instance when I wrote that I was probably particularly angry that day and come out with something that wasn't truly reflective of my opinion.

My reasons for wanting people to stay away from sixfields was because I believed low crowds would bring us back here quicker. I also think the overwhelming majority of those who went did so because they didn't think staying away would help bring the club back. As much as I might disagree with that theory, I don't think these people were selfish, as I know they were just as unhappy with the situation as the rest of us.

However there were a few, who repeatedly come out with comments about how much better it was there and how quick it was to get away from the ground etc. Basically those who claimed to prefer it. They, imo, were very selfish, because they were putting their own personal needs ahead of the clubs.

Therefore when you tar all the boycotters with the aggressive name calling tag, it would be no different to be putting you into the "enjoyed being at sixfields" tag.

I by no means tar all boycotters with the same brush and try my best to not make it appear like that, I just mean the ones who were happy to dish shit out. I am pretty sure there are many who thought "I dont really want to go to Northampton" but didn't have to make a hoo ha and having a go at others who did want to.

Something they don't mean? After reading and trying to moderate (but just giving up) all of the comments (yes, some went both ways, but the majority were the scab, selfish, spineless type posts then) I got an idea it was actually how they felt. Now I have seen some of those very people come on here and post about going to Wasps and how great it was and some even try to justify it.

I have no issue with Wasps fans, people who want to go and watch Wasps. I try to keep the digs just aimed at people who weren't shy back then, I am not about to start saying "everybody who goes to watch wasps is selfish etc etc". I sometimes quote people's posts back at them, most of the time they don't even realise.

SkyblueBazza

Does this not highlight a difference between football and rugby fans. It seems to me rugby fans want / expect a day out. They aren't really that bothered who they are going to see play, just look at the number of Wasps fans on their forums that just said they would go and watch another team instead when Wasps moved here and the number of locals who have suddenly decided they are Wasps fans. The consequence of that is that they need to do things like this to bring in and retain the putners.

Football is different, we're not going for a nice day out we're going as we support the team and have done for years. Lets be realistic the only thing that is going to see a surge in crowd numbers is success. We could have the greatest beer and pies in the world and it will make very little, if any, difference to the attendance. And of course it all comes at a cost which is either passed on to us or taken from somewhere else, would anyone really be happy if SP was saying we had to cut the player budget to hire the Jag Hall on matchdays?
The problem is that the "we" that you refer to is shrinking by the game due to people giving up hope.

PUSB

SkyblueBazza

A wise man (Geddy Lee) once sang:
We can walk our road together*
If our goals are all the same*
We can run alone and free*
If we pursue a different aim*

Let the truth of Love be lighted*
Let the love of truth shine clear*
Sensibility*
Armed with sense and liberty*
With the Heart and Mind united*
In a single perfect sphere*

PUSB

lordsummerisle

A wise man (Geddy Lee) once sang:
We can walk our road together*
If our goals are all the same*
We can run alone and free*
If we pursue a different aim*

Let the truth of Love be lighted*
Let the love of truth shine clear*
Sensibility*
Armed with sense and liberty*
With the Heart and Mind united*
In a single perfect sphere*

PUSB

Fuck me

italiahorse

I guess it's difficult for people who actually attended Sixfields to see what the difference is.

SkyblueBazza

Whatever happened to romance? I already told you "no"

With a little thought into it you might have seen the message - if we just sit & bitch about Wasps, or look to SISU's thus far failed strategy, for salvation...we're going nowhere. Look at any opportunity to embracing the situation & capitalising on it then we stand a chance that we prosper together.

PUSB

Thenose

You are not a CCFC fan are you?

I went to bed last night having read that comment think "How does being a CCFC fan change the question and response", I woke up this morning and still can't see why its selfish going to watch the Wasps...

Nick

Administrator
I went to bed last night having read that comment think "How does being a CCFC fan change the question and response", I woke up this morning and still can't see why its selfish going to watch the Wasps...

Probably the same reason it was to watch CCFC at Sixfields.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Whys that then?

In that post, point out where I am wrong?

Because as per usual you're making a direct comparison between two different sports and two different situations,I couldn't give a shit for Wasps come to think of it except for two or three couldn't give a shit for other football teams. We are close to extinction and all you can do is have a go on this site using every other entity as an excuse for that except the one that is causing it wonder why that is Nick:thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Because as per usual you're making a direct comparison between two different sports and two different situations,I couldn't give a shit for Wasps come to think of it except for two or three couldn't give a shit for other football teams. We are close to extinction and all you can do is have a go on this site using every other entity as an excuse for that except the one that is causing it wonder why that is Nick:thinking about:

What do you mean by wonder why that is?

Ah the old different sport excuse. Because the shape of the ball means changing means you can go from abusing somebody for doing something to then openly justifying the same thing because the ball is a different shape. You would have thought these morals and strong spines wouldn't be changed on things like it just being a different sport.

italiahorse

You could almost think this forum is Sisu sponsored ?

stupot07

There is no real evidence that a large number of Wasps fans were against the move is there? There was no mass demonstrations?

If most of them support it, who exactly are you to tell them what is the right thing to do with there club?

The advice here is keep your nose out of other peoples business until they ask for your help. You do sound like your trying to fight an issue that doesn't exist.

It's not other people's business is it? It's every tax payer in Coventry's business, it's ccfc and tenants business, it's ccfc and CRFC medium to long term futures business, there's those that have a moral stance against permanently moving sports teams for financial gain's business. There were demonstrations, there was a petition, there were banners in the crowd, and eastwood himself stated to the SBT meeting that they expect to lose 75% of their adams park following in 3 years - do you think that is acceptable?

Look back at the key themes from the wycombe write up;
- loss of identity
- loss of fans
- loss of column inches
- loss of status with the community

Then add in the prospect of us now never owning the Ricoh. Are you sure it's none of our business?

If you don't like this debate, why don't you mind your nebby nose and ignore the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

It's not other people's business is it? It's every tax payer in Coventry's business, it's ccfc and tenants business, it's ccfc and CRFC medium to long term futures business, there's those that have a moral stance against permanently moving sports teams for financial gain's business. There were demonstrations, there was a petition, there were banners in the crowd, and eastwood himself stated to the SBT meeting that they expect to lose 75% of their adams park following in 3 years - do you think that is acceptable?

Look back at the key themes from the wycombe write up;
- loss of identity
- loss of fans
- loss of column inches
- loss of status with the community

Then add in the prospect of us now never owning the Ricoh. Are you sure it's none of our business?

If you don't like this debate, why don't you mind your nebby nose and ignore the thread?

Where have I said I don't like this debate? I'm not sure where you have that idea from.

How many people joined in their protest? Did they have a march? Just looked at that petition, and it has 2971 signatures. Hardly a resounding no.

As for Coventry business, having Wasps here is obviously better than not having them here. I don't see how on any level having a top flight sports team is bad for a city.

As for CCFC, I don't see any short term impact in attendances because of Wasps, in the long term it is the RESPONSIBILITY (remember that word?) of the owners of CCFC to ensure it has a bright future. Wasps are not responsible for anything bad happening at CCFC.

CRFC, well they aren't exactly angels when it comes to franchising are they? Some might say that their actions in the past have now come back to haunt them. Either way, so far Wasps have had no negative impact on Cov, and even the management there have said it could work to their advantage.

Again, with Wycombe, it sounds like their fans were blaming Wasps for their own clubs failings. It was up to Wycombe Wanderers to improve itself all those things, and evidently they failed.

Finally Wasps are not the reason we do not own the Ricoh, I am sure you are not as naive to believe that.

Users who are viewing this thread