That is how to look after fans (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

The supports there, the question will be, can it last.
If they keep the tickets discounted and get the kids locked in there won't be a problem.
I think the earlier time for kick off suits getting kids home in the light as well.

The support should be there for the city's own fecking team. This is one major issue I have with Wasps being here long term, that they will supercede CRFC as the team of choice for people in the city-not to mention the glass ceiling being set for them by Wasps' presence. Although the Thatcherite legislation which allows rugby fans to get pissed at a game but not football fans, and rugby fans to have flags in the ground but not football fans, does allow more chances to improve the matchday experience.

Brighton Sky Blue

The average Premiership Rugby match gets a crowd of just 13k.

There is no evidence to suggest Wasps aren't capable of maintaining at least 13k indefinitely, and even less evidence to suggest they cant manage on that.

Let's see what crowds they get when the freebies stop and the novelty wears off. The Coventry public is as fickle as any other, you and I both know that.

bigfatronssba

Let's see what crowds they get when the freebies stop and the novelty wears off. The Coventry public is as fickle as any other, you and I both know that.

The Coventry public is no different to the rest of the country. Let's not pretend otherwise. Were not unique.

bigfatronssba

The support should be there for the city's own fecking team. This is one major issue I have with Wasps being here long term, that they will supercede CRFC as the team of choice for people in the city-not to mention the glass ceiling being set for them by Wasps' presence. Although the Thatcherite legislation which allows rugby fans to get pissed at a game but not football fans, and rugby fans to have flags in the ground but not football fans, does allow more chances to improve the matchday experience.

Support is there for the city's own team.

Football fans can't be trusted with alcohol unfortunately.

lewys33

At the weekend I went to my first ever Rugby match to see the Wasps having been a lifelong CCFC supporter and season ticket holder. Whilst not knowing all the rules of the game what struck me most is how the Wasps turned a game into an event. Pre match entertainment in the Village, assistance outside the ground, generation of energy inside plus e-mails prior and after the game asking me about my experience. Now that is how to both look after your fan base and build it whilst maximising the potential of the stadium

Rugby is not real a game that I am in to but the Wasps showed me the power and potential of the Stadium and made me feel appreciated as one of their customers.

CCFC are you watching as you no longer have the right to expect me to just handover my cash to you without something of this type of experience in return.

Well done to all involved at the Wasps for a truly memorable experience

2 things. Firstly congratulations on going to your first ever rugby match at Wasps. Why you couldn't have gone to a match at Coventry Rugby I don't know.

Second - Do we know if CCFC are allowed to use the hall on match day? Is it part of the rent deal? If we were getting over 20,000 per game then sure, the club should be doing more! However with pitiful attendances, and no extra income (something which Wasps obviously now get) then it is most probably not going to happen. That is of course assuming the hall is part of the rent deal, and that we would be allowed to "do as we wish" with it. Of course you could argue that if it isn't in the rent deal, then Wasps should be doing more. After all they could be making more money right?

Nick

Administrator
I think it is just the stadium bowl we rent isn't it?

I don't think it is all included as there are often other things going on on matchdays in there.

Can anybody see the logic in CCFC paying to rent it and then not making any money on the food and bev that is sold anyway? It would be in Wasps interests to give it CCFC for free and make money from the food and bev wouldn't it?

lewys33

I think it is just the stadium bowl we rent isn't it?

I don't think it is all included as there are often other things going on on matchdays in there.

Can anybody see the logic in CCFC paying to rent it and then not making any money on the food and bev that is sold anyway? It would be in Wasps interests to give it CCFC for free and make money from the food and bev wouldn't it?

Yh that was my point. If it is not included in the rent deal, then it is down to Wasps to provide "pre-match food and entertainment". If it is included but we can't do this that or the other then what do people expect?

italiahorse

I still say even today that if drinking was allowed in the stadium for football a few idiots would ruin it again !!

SkyblueBazza

Support is there for the city's own team.

Football fans can't be trusted with alcohol unfortunately.
Or flags...or a visitor's market. In fact once things kick off a bit they can't even be trusted with the seat they have bitterly complained about having to pay so much for.
We ought to remember that it is a tiny minority of them that ruin it for the rest of us. And given time I have little doubt that the same sort of thing will happen to Rugby Union.

PUSB

SkyblueBazza

The support for CRFC has always been there...but it's always been disinterested. To me that suggests that crowds for Wasps will dip a little - but you have to remember that thee is a huge catchment area in the whole of the WM to tap into...Worcester hardly have the same profile to attract many more fans than they have at present. Wasps have a heritage & lots of publicity to add into the mix.

PUSB

stupot07

How many PL football clubs put on an entertainments village for their games and make the game an event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

So other than corporate hospitality (thanks G), no one has come forward with any examples of PL football clubs putting on an entertainments village, etc for their games to make them into an event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

So other than corporate hospitality (thanks G), no one has come forward with any examples of PL football clubs putting on an entertainments village, etc for their games to make them into an event?

Why does it matter what other football clubs do?

We're Coventry City. The football club that pioneered all seater stadiums, shirt sponsorship, pre match and half time entertainment, official travel to away matches.

We did all those things without any prompt from top division football teams.

Ashdown

We're Coventry City. The football club that pioneered all seater stadiums, shirt sponsorship, pre match and half time entertainment, official travel to away matches.

The all seater nonsense being the worst of them !

stupot07

Because, you and others are knocking the club for not doing what wasps do, but it seems that no other football club does it. We also don't own the stadium and would have to pay a considerable amount to rent the Hall in order to do it. Out of all the things we can knock the club and its owners for, this seems a non-event pardon the pun.

Nick

Administrator
Because, you and others are knocking the club for not doing what wasps do, but it seems that no other football club does it. We also don't own the stadium and would have to pay a considerable amount to rent the Hall in order to do it. Out of all the things we can knock the club and its owners for, this seems a non-event pardon the pun.

No, SISU should quite clearly spend loads of money renting it and then see all of the money gained from it go to ACL / Wasps.

People like it because it is Wasps, if SISU / CCFC did the same they would find a way to slate it.

bigfatronssba

I'm knocking sisu for putting absolutely no effort or imagination in even trying to improve the matchday experience.

They don't even try and increase revenues through imaginative ways.

Brighton Sky Blue

I still say even today that if drinking was allowed in the stadium for football a few idiots would ruin it again !!

Yeah, because people never make arses of themselves at the cricket when they're downing pint after pint at their seat. Honestly, this presumption that every other kind of sports fan is whiter than white and football fans aren't to be trusted has got to be dropped. How come you can be trusted to have a drink at the Ricoh when you watch Wasps but not when you watch the City?

stupot07

I'm knocking sisu for putting absolutely no effort or imagination in even trying to improve the matchday experience.

They don't even try and increase revenues through imaginative ways.

You mean like SBITC, free tickets to school kids, family fun days, ticket offers, JSB days, meets and greets, etc?

Brighton Sky Blue

I know it's hilarious.

It's views like Ron's that give rise to farcically high levels of police presence to watch over a few dozen people waiting for buses at the Ricoh. Not the same for Wasps games of 4 times the attendance I'm sure.

bigfatronssba

It's views like Ron's that give rise to farcically high levels of police presence to watch over a few dozen people waiting for buses at the Ricoh. Not the same for Wasps games of 4 times the attendance I'm sure.

No. Its the actions of a few idiots who ruin it for the rest of us that are to blame for that.

bigfatronssba

Yeah, because people never make arses of themselves at the cricket when they're downing pint after pint at their seat. Honestly, this presumption that every other kind of sports fan is whiter than white and football fans aren't to be trusted has got to be dropped. How come you can be trusted to have a drink at the Ricoh when you watch Wasps but not when you watch the City?

Because its not such a passionate sport, and there's less chavs.

italiahorse

Is this a joke?

Do you actually manage to get to any matches?

There are people who actually drink, smoke, shit, piss and damage all around our own scoreboard.
At a few big away matches I have been to, youths throws stones into groups of unknown fans containing children.
I've been to matches where youths don't watch the match just face and abuse the home fans.
At most away matches the toilets are full of smokers.

Some football fans need to have respect of others.

stupot07

There are people who actually drink, smoke, shit, piss and damage all around our own scoreboard.
At a few big away matches I have been to, youths throws stones into groups of unknown fans containing children.
I've been to matches where youths don't watch the match just face and abuse the home fans.

lets hope they dont get offered free wasps tickets.....

bigfatronssba

Of course it is right to point out that it is only a tiny minority of people that are idiots at football matches, but unfortunately that's all it takes.

I seen it nearly kick off once because some chav at the back of the telegraph stand kept using the C word. A perfectly decent bloke in front was there with his kids and asked nicely for the chav to stop swearing. Naturally the chav took offense to this reasonable request, and an argument broke out, in which other people started sticking up for the bloke with kids, eventually ending up with the chav and some random bloke squaring up to each other.

One idiot caused about 6-7 people to get involved in something that could have easily ended up in a scrap.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Went to Twickenham earlier in the season people were smoking on the concources,stewards turned a blind eye,I can just imagine the Waffen Response doing the same at our games cant you?

Norman Binns

Went to Twickenham earlier in the season people were smoking on the concources,stewards turned a blind eye,I can just imagine the Waffen Response doing the same at our games cant you?

Were you on the ground level concourse of either North, East or West stands because smoking is permitted in those areas?

Brighton Sky Blue

I have never seen this happen and yes I do go to my share of games up here as well as when I'm back home. Why is the same person allowed to drink at rugby but not at the football? Do they turn into Neanderthals at the sight of the rectangular goalposts?

Users who are viewing this thread