That is how to look after fans (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

No. Its the actions of a few idiots who ruin it for the rest of us that are to blame for that.

And a Thatcherite belief that all football fans are apes and all other sports fans are upstanding people who just give 'banter'. Again, watch how the 'Barmy Army' behaves over the course of an Ashes game-as obnoxious as any pissed up football fan.

SkyblueBazza

Because its not such a passionate sport, and there's less chavs.
It is an equally passionate sport. Just that the people that gravitate towards it generally have better control of their attitude, aggression & emotions...Therefore are more able to show due respect to each other.

PUSB

bigfatronssba

And a Thatcherite belief that all football fans are apes and all other sports fans are upstanding people who just give 'banter'. Again, watch how the 'Barmy Army' behaves over the course of an Ashes game-as obnoxious as any pissed up football fan.

So pre 1980's football grounds we lovely safe places to take the family were they?

When was the last time you heard of cricket fans pelting opposition fans with missiles?

bigfatronssba

It is an equally passionate sport. Just that the people that gravitate towards it generally have better control of their attitude, aggression & emotions...Therefore are more able to show due respect to each other.

PUSB

Basically you mean less dickheads?

ccfcway

No, SISU should quite clearly spend loads of money renting it and then see all of the money gained from it go to ACL / Wasps.

People like it because it is Wasps, if SISU / CCFC did the same they would find a way to slate it.

er, you have just slated it yourself !

italiahorse

Just to add to the debate.
At the Harlequins match today.
Food and beer stalls all around the outside of the Ricoh.
Land Rover new models on display opposite Jimmy Hill statue. Love the Freelander replacement. Next MCP car I think.

Half time entertainment included a race between Wasps mascot, Harlequins mascot and our very own Sky Blue Sam.
Only the first leg but he came third :claping hands:

When we left free chocolate handed out by the box full.

lewys33

Just to add to the debate.
At the Harlequins match today.
Food and beer stalls all around the outside of the Ricoh.
Land Rover new models on display opposite Jimmy Hill statue. Love the Freelander replacement. Next MCP car I think.

Half time entertainment included a race between Wasps mascot, Harlequins mascot and our very own Sky Blue Sam.
Only the first leg but he came third :claping hands:

When we left free chocolate handed out by the box full.

GLORIOUS! I hope you go again and tell us all about it!

stupot07

It's about how to do it and generate additional incomes.

You're failing to acknowledge that they own the stadium and can do what they want on their land without needing to ask/pay for permission to do so. You think the queues are shit at the football, don't blame the club they only hire the venue, it's up to the venue to ensure there is adequate staffing to meet the needs of the event. It's their land, it's their staff and it's their revenues that are being generated.

You wouldn't blame the brides father for poor bar service at a wedding.

I can't believe how excited your are about a mascot race and free chocolates...

I'm still waiting for some examples of football clubs that do all this stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

lewys33

You're failing to acknowledge that they own the stadium and can do what they want on their land without needing to ask/pay for permission to do so. You think the queues are shit at the football, don't blame the club they only hire the venue, it's up to the venue to ensure there is adequate staffing to meet the needs of the event. It's their land, it's their staff and it's their revenues that are being generated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

From what I am told, Manchester City offer a very good match day experience for all. We are of course comparable in every way. We even play in the same colour!!

Nick

Administrator
Did you see "The Subway Man" from the Rochdale home game? My life was complete that day.
Ha yeah, a teenager dragged off the street! I love how original his name was.

They gave away free pizzas at sixfields too...

italiahorse

No one knows what incomes we get, what incomes we have asked for or what incomes we can generate ourselves by doing our own thing. People just say we can't and accept that rather than pushing the point. If you act like a victim you are a victim.

The shop is typical of Sisu efforts and it's not acceptable.

stupot07

No one knows what incomes we get, what incomes we have asked for or what incomes we can generate ourselves by doing our own thing. People just say we can't and accept that rather than pushing the point. If you act like a victim you are a victim.

The shop is typical of Sisu efforts and it's not acceptable.

No ones acting as the victim, you're just assuming everything is hunky dory with your head in the sand and that wasps are just going to hand over revenues, and we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

You're not pushing any point, other than ramming your wasps love in down our throats, just because you moved on within 24 hours of the wasps-ccc deal doesn't mean we have to.

"Look how great they are", "look sisu should be throwing away £15k+ per match on venue hire, free fair rides and chocolates...."

italiahorse

No ones acting as the victim, you're just assuming everything is hunky dory with your head in the sand and that wasps are just going to hand over revenues, and we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

You're not pushing any point, other than ramming your wasps love in down our throats, just because you moved on within 24 hours of the wasps-ccc deal doesn't mean we have to.

"Look how great they are", "look sisu should be throwing away £15k+ per match on venue hire, free fair rides and chocolates...."

Wasps are vulnerable and now is the time to talk to them.

You can either 'ask' for more incomes or sit back for years and hope Wasps fail and that Sisu can get the Ricoh for nothing and rent it back to Ccfc at a peppercorn rent and perhaps give some of the incomes to Ccfc.

I know what I'd do but hey you continue to hope for the latter and good luck.

SkyblueBazza

Some would argue that you get what you pay for!

PUSB

bigfatronssba

I cant believe that some of our fans are scoffing at the idea of good customer service.

I can only think some city fans like being treated like shit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The thing you have a point on is the club should be telling ACL what they need at the Ricoh and then we can see what ACL will offer, at the moment we are in limbo and nothing is happening regarding where we will play long term (no talks with Wasps and no progress on the fantasy stadium). Could it be that SISU are planning for there exit now and are just gonna wing it year on year till they are out?

I can see a scenario where in 3 or 4 years time SISU sell the club as they've failed with all there legal appeals, they've made zero effort to negotiate a new deal with ACL or build a new stadium and then whoever takes over will be left in the shit as they have little time to negotiate a good deal at the Ricoh before the current one is up, they will then be forced to sign up to whatever unfavourable terms ACL offer or the alternative would be no stadium to play in the following season.

The whole argument that CCFC should open up the Jaguar Hall and put on a load of extra entertainment and refreshments is nonsense though at the current time.

stupot07

Some would argue that you get what you pay for!

PUSB

Perhaps we should start paying the £1.3m again......the food/drink queues and customer service were much better back then....

italiahorse

Perhaps we should start paying the £1.3m again......the food/drink queues and customer service were much better back then....

You miss the point.
You have to ask for favours or make an effort to make a profit. It's never handed to you on a plate .

stupot07

You miss the point.
You have to ask for favours or make an effort to make a profit. It's never handed to you on a plate .

So you think that Wasps and Compass will let us sell our own F&B's inside and on the Ricoh land? You think that Wasps will let us hire out the Exhibition hall at a knock down rate, in preference to a full price booking? You think that Jaguar would spend the day at the Ricoh for a club they aren't sponsoring? Do you think wasps/compass/acl should provide adequate service for an event they are hosting? Bazza was suggesting that we get poor service because we're paying low rent, I was pointing out that the service was no better when we were paying extortionate rent.

Let's say they hired the hall (£10-12k?), brought in a few free fair rides (£2-3k), handed out free chocolates (£1k) - how many more fans would turn up?

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

If that's what brings in the punters & gets them to part with sufficient amounts of their hard earned cash to fund the squad then maybe so.
At the moment there seems to be a stalemate...shit investment...shit performances...shit league position...shit prospects...& surprise surprise shit support!

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

If that's what brings in the punters & gets them to part with sufficient amounts of their hard earned cash to fund the squad then maybe so.
At the moment there seems to be a stalemate...shit investment...shit performances...shit league position...shit prospects...& surprise surprise shit support!

PUSB

You can't be serious about going to back to the old rental deal?

SkyblueBazza

You can't be serious about going to back to the old rental deal?
I didn't suggest that.
What I am saying is that some would say you only get what you pay for...in response to the point that the match day experience with Wasps is better than for CCFC.
At present the Wasps are footing the bill for what the poster was indicating is a much better experience - speculating with hope of accumulating a good local fan base.
Our owners on the other hand couldn't give a kipper's cock about their teams fans. You'd think they'd have learned from the Northampton experience about the need to treat fans with great respect or risk losing them. Instead there appears little happening to encourage people to turn up.
They need to do something to entice people in...putting a team able to compete consistently would be a start!

PUSB

stupot07

I didn't suggest that.
What I am saying is that some would say you only get what you pay for...in response to the point that the match day experience with Wasps is better than for CCFC.
At present the Wasps are footing the bill for what the poster was indicating is a much better experience - speculating with hope of accumulating a good local fan base.
Our owners on the other hand couldn't give a kipper's cock about their teams fans. You'd think they'd have learned from the Northampton experience about the need to treat fans with great respect or risk losing them. Instead there appears little happening to encourage people to turn up.
They need to do something to entice people in...putting a team able to compete consistently would be a start!

PUSB

dont be daft, hiring the exhibition hall, putting on free fair rides and giving away food is far more important

Grendel

dont be daft, hiring the exhibition hall, putting on free fair rides and giving away food is far more important

Yes I hear that fisher has bought a few packs of Jaffa Cakes to hand around for the next game.

Prepare for a sell out.

bigfatronssba

So you think that Wasps and Compass will let us sell our own F&B's inside and on the Ricoh land? You think that Wasps will let us hire out the Exhibition hall at a knock down rate, in preference to a full price booking? You think that Jaguar would spend the day at the Ricoh for a club they aren't sponsoring? Do you think wasps/compass/acl should provide adequate service for an event they are hosting? Bazza was suggesting that we get poor service because we're paying low rent, I was pointing out that the service was no better when we were paying extortionate rent.

Let's say they hired the hall (£10-12k?), brought in a few free fair rides (£2-3k), handed out free chocolates (£1k) - how many more fans would turn up?

You hire out the hall, you then charge various companies to bring in the mobile bars and food outlets that were there for the Wasps events. Compass and Wasps would have nothing to do with the selling of F&B's.

The money you get in from that would probably cover the hire of the hall itself, so I doubt it would really cost the club that much money.

What it would cost the club is time and effort. But as we know no one up there gives a shit about the club or its fans.

Sick Boy

Hahahaha!! The notion that we should be handing out free chocolate and fairground rides is moronic to say the least. It's a football match, not some franchise day out.

Fair play for trying with the half-wits!

stupot07

You hire out the hall, you then charge various companies to bring in the mobile bars and food outlets that were there for the Wasps events. Compass and Wasps would have nothing to do with the selling of F&B's.

The money you get in from that would probably cover the hire of the hall itself, so I doubt it would really cost the club that much money.

What it would cost the club is time and effort. But as we know no one up there gives a shit about the club or its fans.

Compass/wasps/EIC have the exclusive rights to sell f&b's at the Ricoh, you wouldn't be allowed to bring in mobile bars to sell food.

Last edited:

Thenose

Hahahaha!! The notion that we should be handing out free chocolate and fairground rides is moronic to say the least. It's a football match, not some franchise day out.

Fair play for trying with the half-wits!
And there in lies the problem, you want people to part with their limited money, so you need to make the experience enjoyable, worthwhile and engaging.

I've taken my 2 young kids along to the Wasps games and they have loved the game, the atmosphere and the music in the Jag Hall and all the other little things happening. 2 happy kids not moaning means one less stressed TheNose, which in turn equals me returing with them and spending my hard earned money.

Users who are viewing this thread