That is how to look after fans (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Latest offer is buy a Gloucester ticket and get a Saracens one free.

Please keep up.

Why should I know, I don't follow Wasps or any egg chasers, do you?

Grendel

Why should I know, I don't follow Wasps or any egg chasers, do you?

I read e mails addressed to me - poor Italia paying over the odds again - what a sap he is.

Grendel

20% early bird and Jaguar 30% employee discount is the best you can get for Saracens.
Prove me wrong ?

Prove you wrong LOL

On the latest rather tiresome order forms I get the Gloucester one says this;

"NB You will be sent the same number of free tickets for the 8th March 2015 –
Wasps v Saracens, as you have purchased for the Wasps v Gloucester Rugby
match. Please return your completed booking form to the Wasps Ticket
Office by Friday, 20th February 2015"

First E Mail alert says this;

Attached is a booking form for the Wasps v Gloucester Rugby match on 1st March. Anyone booking tickets for this match will also receive free tickets for the Wasps v Saracens match on 8th March.
The completed booking form should be returned to the Wasps Ticket Office by Friday, 20th February.

Second E Mail alert says this

The offer of tickets to Wasps Rugby is still available for a couple more days. If you have not yet made it to the Ricoh for a Wasps match, it really is well worth the effort. You may download the booking form for the Wasps v Gloucester Rugby match on 1st March. Anyone booking tickets for this match will also receive free tickets for the Wasps v Saracens match on 8th March.
The completed booking form should be returned to the Wasps Ticket Office by Friday, 20th February.

Vigornian

Who'd have thought it? Incentives to encourage early purchase. Imagine how well that idea could go for trains/planes/theatres.

28,254/15,343/23,494/9,640(for a second team game)/16,116 coming in and spending money in a place you own, where you keep a big slice of the takings. Average spend in Wycombe, with average crowds of around 6,000. was just under £10 a head, and Wasps only kept a tiny percentage of that.

At every game, I've spoken to locals who are loving it and say they'll keep coming and bringing their friends. Last weekend, I was talking to a guy from Keresley, who had his two young sons with him. One of the lads had been one of the mascots. Happy as sandboys. I've also spoken to a lot of Cov RFC supporters and Sky Blue fans. All are unanimous that having Wasps there is great for the city and the area. They're being made welcome, they're being treated well and the players are entertaining them. Give them a good time and they'll keep coming. Better to have between 15 and 20 thousand there on discounted tickets than under 6,000 at full price. Common sense.

Last edited:

covmark

Who'd have thought it? Incentives to encourage early purchase. Imagine how well that idea could go for trains/planes/theatres.

28,254/15,343/23,494/9,640(for a second team game)/16,116 coming in and spending money in a place you own, where you keep a big slice of the takings. Average spend in Wycombe, with average crowds of around 6,000. was just under £10 a head, and Wasps only kept a tiny percentage of that.

At every game, I've spoken to locals who are loving it and say they'll keep coming and bringing their friends. Last weekend, I was talking to a guy from Keresley, who had his two young sons with him. One of the lads had been one of the mascots. Happy as sandboys. I've also spoken to a lot of Cov RFC supporters and Sky Blue fans. All are unanimous that having Wasps there is great for the city and the area. They're being made welcome, they're being treated well and the players are entertaining them. Give them a good time and they'll keep coming. Better to have between 15 and 20 thousand there on discounted tickets than under 6,000 at full price. Common sense.
Good to see the Wasps PR machine in full swing.

Vigornian

You sad, cynical person. By that token, every person speaking positively about Wasps is part of their (mythical) PR machine. Pity your football club can't match it.

This is a forum about Wasps. Do you think it should only have negative postings? Not much point in having a forum if that's the way it goes.

covmark

You sad, cynical person. By that token, every person speaking positively about Wasps is part of their (mythical) PR machine. Pity your football club can't match it.

This is a forum about Wasps. Do you think it should only have negative postings? Not much point in having a forum if that's the way it goes.
Oh come off it, for a start this is a CCFC forum. Why did you feel the need to sign up to a football forum?
The only posts you ever make are ones where you're trying to make excuses or you're trying to sell the rugby franchise. Mythical PR machine my arse.

Nick

Administrator

This is a forum for Coventry City fans and this section is to talk about Wasps stuff that has to do with CCFC, even Italia etc are city fans. People speak both positive and negative about them.

It isn't really for people to sign up to just talk about Wasps though. No, not every person speaking positively about Wasps is their PR machine. Somebody who signs up to a CCFC forum just to talk about them clearly has a point to prove though.

People say about bigron, italia being the "PR Machine", but they were on here way before Wasps. They are just a bit mental :laugh:

Vigornian

Check the front page. This is a sub-forum, headed "Wasps". That would lead most people with the barest minimum brain capacity to conclude that it is a suitable place to post about Wasps. You obviously disagree. Tough.

Coventry City's media department is probably bigger than ours, but the best PR for any club happens on the field.

Nick

Administrator
Check the front page. This is a sub-forum, headed "Wasps". That would lead most people with the barest minimum brain capacity to conclude that it is a suitable place to post about Wasps. You obviously disagree. Tough.

Coventry City's media department is probably bigger than ours, but the best PR for any club happens on the field.

Check the header, Coventry City FC Fansite. That would lead most people to conclude this is a Coventry City FC fansite, not a Wasps fansite? The Wasps sub-forum is for discussion that could be related to CCFC.

The Leicester City forum has a sub forum for computer games, doesn't mean I want to sign up on there to talk about playing on the Xbox.

Grendel

According to you every Sky blue fan, CRFC fan and anyone from Coventry is "really positive" about the move.

Yet on here every one is really negative.

That's odd. Is that because those people you meet are similar to those people politicians strangely find on doorsteps that happen to give a view directly opposite to what's being quoted in mainstream media.

You seem unable to grasp the difference between a Forum and a Sub forum old chap.

Thenose

According to you every Sky blue fan, CRFC fan and anyone from Coventry is "really positive" about the move.

Yet on here every one is really negative.

That's odd. Is that because those people you meet are similar to those people politicians strangely find on doorsteps that happen to give a view directly opposite to what's being quoted in mainstream media.

You seem unable to grasp the difference between a Forum and a Sub forum old chap.

No, not everyone on here is negative. Wash away the sweeping statements.

im enjoying wasps, and so are the other CCFC fans I see there on match days...

lordsummerisle

No, not everyone on here is negative. Wash away the sweeping statements.

im enjoying wasps, and so are the other CCFC fans I see there on match days...

You both join in December last year, and make posts only relating to Wasps.

Yeah, massive City fans.

Seems the Weber Shandwick contract was kept on then.

chiefdave

If I was in charge at Weber Shandwick I'd be looking to employ some people who were a bit less obvious and at least made a token effort to post about the subject of the forum they were signing up to rather than just post about how fantastic Wasps are!

italiahorse

Prove you wrong LOL

On the latest rather tiresome order forms I get the Gloucester one says this;

"NB You will be sent the same number of free tickets for the 8th March 2015 –
Wasps v Saracens, as you have purchased for the Wasps v Gloucester Rugby
match. Please return your completed booking form to the Wasps Ticket
Office by Friday, 20th February 2015"

First E Mail alert says this;

Attached is a booking form for the Wasps v Gloucester Rugby match on 1st March. Anyone booking tickets for this match will also receive free tickets for the Wasps v Saracens match on 8th March.

Second E Mail alert says this

The offer of tickets to Wasps Rugby is still available for a couple more days. If you have not yet made it to the Ricoh for a Wasps match, it really is well worth the effort. You may download the booking formfor the Wasps v Gloucester Rugby match on 1st March. Anyone booking tickets for this match will also receive free tickets for the Wasps v Saracens match on 8th March.

That's for Schools in the cheap seats. No thanks.

italiahorse

That is definitely not how to look after fans.

Pretty outrageous really.

The disabled tickets with the various discounts are cheap enough in the East Stand but Adult disabled tickets are not available through schools obviously.
Great idea to give away 2 for 1 for schools at effectively £8 an adult ticket and £4 or free for child tickets.
Don't mind taking my mate but my grandkids are not interested yet so can't (won't) use the school tickets available.

italiahorse

You both join in December last year, and make posts only relating to Wasps.

Yeah, massive City fans.

Seems the Weber Shandwick contract was kept on then.

I'm a massive CCFC fan and I support Wasps.
I see loads of CCFC fans at Wasps matches.
Just get over it and mope in silence, please.

Nick

Administrator

I dont think he was aiming it at you, the same way I also posted you were on here wayyyy before Wasps.....

italiahorse

This is a forum for Coventry City fans and this section is to talk about Wasps stuff that has to do with CCFC, even Italia etc are city fans. People speak both positive and negative about them.

It isn't really for people to sign up to just talk about Wasps though. No, not every person speaking positively about Wasps is their PR machine. Somebody who signs up to a CCFC forum just to talk about them clearly has a point to prove though.

People say about bigron, italia being the "PR Machine", but they were on here way before Wasps. They are just a bit mental :laugh:

To be honest I'm just trying to get fans to realise that we are where we are and now we need to take a deep breath and accept that.
Wasps are here to stay and Sisu, and us, need to put behind us the negative Wasps/CCC stuff and pursue the very best long term deal we can.
Sisu are getting off light as fans either target Wasps/CCC as the reason for the problem, or more easily just walk away.

Sick Boy

So you are basically a Wasps fan or bandwagoner on here to wind people up?

stupot07

Hang on, when anyone mentions the prospect of losing fans to wasps, it's often stated it won't be a problem as they are different cohorts of cohorts of supports (I.e. Rugby fans are rugby fans and football fans are football fans). So given loads of ccfc supporters go to wasps, it will have a big impact on our fan base both short, medium and long term - most people will not be able to afford to attend both sets of matches, so will have to choose one or the other.

Instead of us moping in silence, why don't you just ignore these threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Hang on, when anyone mentions the prospect of losing fans to wasps, it's often stated it won't be a problem as they are different cohorts of cohorts of supports (I.e. Rugby fans are rugby fans and football fans are football fans). So given loads of ccfc supporters go to wasps, it will have a big impact on our fan base both short, medium and long term - most people will not be able to afford to attend both sets of matches, so will have to choose one or the other.

Instead of us moping in silence, why don't you just ignore these threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The biggest effect on our fan base is the crap being dished up every week.
If you go yourself, you know how bad it is.
I can certainly say I do not enjoy watching us play and that the pre match drink and chatting with other fans is becoming the highlight.

I agree on the 2 will be competing for custom but I am unsure what the mix would be.
Currently it is cheap to go to Wasps and relatively expensive for CCFC league games.
People may need to review their spend at the match, but like me that might affect the matchday experience.

italiahorse

Latest offer is buy a Gloucester ticket and get a Saracens one free.

Please keep up.

20% early bird and Jaguar 30% employee discount is the best you can get for Saracens.
Prove me wrong ?

Apologies. Just received an email from Wasps saying I can recommend a friend for 2 free tickets because I have bought a Gloucester ticket.
Anyone ?

This does highlight the problem we (CCFC) have in respect Wasps can give tickets away and take the income from other sources.
Well done SISU :claping hands:

lordsummerisle

Apologies. Just received an email from Wasps saying I can recommend a friend for 2 free tickets because I have bought a Gloucester ticket.
Anyone ?

This does highlight the problem we (CCFC) have in respect Wasps can give tickets away and take the income from other sources.
Well done SISU :claping hands:

It also highlights the problem that Wasps are having in getting paying customers up to the Ricoh, even at less than half the price they were paying at Wycombe.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Plenty more freebies floating about, had somebody trying to give away 4 this morning. Nobody really wants them.

Users who are viewing this thread