Spy Poisoning (7 Viewers)

wingy

We've had so many conflicting views from the 'Experts ' on this stuff .
One rolled out to the media yesterday suggested it could be active for up to 50 years.

Otis

One rolled out to the media yesterday suggested it could be active for up to 50 years.
Which is incredibly scary.

Stories like that going around will make it difficult for anyone selling their house down there.

There's something odd about this. The Russians are so precise and ruthlessly efficient and would have sought out their specific target and attacked that specific target, as they did with the Skripals. Seems very strange if they have just left some Novichok lying about sonewhere miles away.

Very intriguing this new twist.

djr8369

Stories like that going around will make it difficult for anyone selling their house down there.

There's something odd about this. The Russians are so precise and ruthlessly efficient and would have sought out their specific target and attacked that specific target, as they did with the Skripals. Seems very strange if they have just left some Novichok lying about sonewhere miles away.

I get the feeling this second exposure is from whatever container was used to deliver or transport the original dose and has been carelessly discarded but who knows.

It’s possible somebody with little expertise was paid to do the deed so no Russians were directly involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I get the feeling this second exposure is from whatever container was used to deliver or transport the original dose and has been carelessly discarded but who knows.

It’s possible somebody with little expertise was paid to do the deed so no Russians were directly involved.

Yeah, but then why be so precise to place some on a doorknob, but then carelessly just throw away the rest of the container?

djr8369

Yeah, but then why be so precise to place some on a doorknob, but then carelessly just throw away the rest of the container?

Panic? For all we know somebody drove 20 miles away and threw the container in a bush.

djr8369

The chap is awake now isn’t he so hopefully the police will be able to find out what happened.

NorthernWisdom

Because the Russians are ruthlessly efficient and if they want someone dead they are usually deaded very quickly and efficiently.

That's what NW means I believe.
Indeed. There's a fair amount if incompetence here not becoming an elite force... including this pair finding some thing!

I'm in no way saying it's *not* Russia, but there's enough strangeness to raise questions... especially given location.

Otis

Indeed. There's a fair amount if incompetence here not becoming an elite force... including this pair finding some thing!

I'm in no way saying it's *not* Russia, but there's enough strangeness to raise questions... especially given location.
Yep, agree.

You wonder perhaps, as has been mentioned, that it was 'sub-contracted' and they got Inspector Clouseau to carry it out, ably aided by the Keystone Kops.

SkyblueBazza

That is very interesting - after the first episode...an apparent former Senior Poton Down scientist was on R5L saying most nerve agents are active only a few hours after release. This one can stay active for a few days so defended the cordons in Salisbury at the time.

I reckon given there appear no obvious suspects, where it came from, how much there is out there, nor idea where it could be...I wonder if we can have any faith in any reassurances about risks to the general public - whether you live in Salisbury, London or Inverness!

Wherever you be...common sense suggests the risk is likely to be pretty much the same & low

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

djr8369

Yep, agree.

You wonder perhaps, as has been mentioned, that it was 'sub-contracted' and they got Inspector Clouseau to carry it out, ably aided by the Keystone Kops.

This was what I was thinking. You’d imagine they’d want some deniability by not being directly involved.

Grendel

Well no as by doing so people can suddenly believe they are not guilty.

So chuck a bit around and then hey we need to listen to what Mr Putin has to say.

Grendel

Rumour has it that it's a Local pisshead saying he's got Novichok poisoning.
Is just facebook rumour though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well it ain’t alcohol poisoning at zizzi prices

Otis

Well no as by doing so people can suddenly believe they are not guilty.

So chuck a bit around and then hey we need to listen to what Mr Putin has to say.
Have Russia ever behaved this way before?

It's always been the stuff of spy novels and ruthlessly quick, get in get out, poison or kill and disappear back into the night.

Bit odd to suddenly be chucking a bit of stuff around and not the way they do this sort of thing.

Surely they could have done something to plant some on a Porton Down worker or suchlike. So many of the workers there live in Salisbury.

My only guess is that it was a mistake and some got left behind in error somehow. No idea how or when, but it just doesn't seem at all Russian spy like to go chucking contaminated containers all over the place.

Grendel

Have Russia ever behaved this way before?

It's always been the stuff of spy novels and ruthlessly quick, get in get out, poison or kill and disappear back into the night.

Bit odd to suddenly be chucking a bit of stuff around and not the way they do this sort of thing.

Surely they could have done something to plant some on a Porton Down worker or suchlike. So many of the workers there live in Salisbury.

My only guess is that it was a mistake and some got left behind in error somehow. No idea how or when, but it just doesn't seem at all Russian spy like to go chucking contaminated containers all over the place.

I have previously asked you the question regarding the 12 other mysterious deaths including the one poisoned on an aeroplane who survived and then 2 days on release was shot by persons unknown.

When you provide the opinion on these 12 deaths - the chap vomiting battery acid having ploughed into another car as an example - then perhaps we can engage further.

Otis

I have previously asked you the question regarding the 12 other mysterious deaths including the one poisoned on an aeroplane who survived and then 2 days on release was shot by persons unknown.

When you provide the opinion on these 12 deaths - the chap vomiting battery acid having ploughed into another car as an example - then perhaps we can engage further.
Don't understand what that has to do with anything here. Those all obviiobvi point to Russia.

Were any of those messy killings? Or leaving a trail behind them though?

Don't the Russians usually get in and get out like the Litvinenko thing and just slip something into a drink and disappear into the night?

You seem to be very confused. I have never said once that it is not Russia who have carried out the attack. Of course it is still very likely that this was a Kremlin sanctioned killing operation.

I am merely saying that this left container is not at all their style and there are anomalies.

When they killed these 12 people, were innocent people killed along with them? You know what I mean by 'innocent' (in no way connected).

Don't know why you keep going on about the 12. We all know Russian spies come over here (or are recruited from within and kill people). We all know they do that and we all know that Putin probably wanted rid of Skripal.

My ONLY real beef has ever been that it looks really incompetent if they set out to kill Skripal and his daughter and that they both survived and now a container may seemingly have just been thrown away.

If I was Putin I would be wanting my money back.

I am just a methodical person who waits and sees if there is more to any story and if we have all of the facts. I don't understand why that is confusing you so much.

I have believed from the start that it's the Russians involved in some way, but have just wanted as much fact as possible on the matter.

This new poison situation has just confused things and I am now waiting to see what the results of all the testing are (was it a tiny container? Something that could easily be misplaced? Was it hidden at all? Or had someone tried to hide it? Or was it deceptively left in a container so as to be mistaken to be something else?).

Still a lot of unanswered questions and definitely more so on this case than the ex Russian, ex Kremlin, Skripal.

These latest two were just two innocent Brits by all accounts.

Really hoping it can all be pieced together so we get the complete picture.

Last edited:

Otis

Perplexing is the desire from Yulia to return to the Country that has attempted to kill her.
Yep, that comes into the picture too.

There are just some odd things about this. Of course it points to the Russians for sure. The guy is a Russian and there was acrimony.

Just some things that are slightly odd.

Otis

Perplexing is the desire from Yulia to return to the Country that has attempted to kill her.
Would really like Grendel to answer this one.

If Russia want Yulia Skripal dead, in saying she wants to return to Russia surely she has just signed her death sentence.

If they want her dead and she returns she will soon be dead from apparent 'natural causes' or a tragic accident and if course if she had a 'heart attack' Russia would just say it was as a result of the strain put upon her body following the Novichok incident that they had nothing to do with and would almost certainly then blame Britain for her death.

Even if Russia didn't want Yulia Skripal dead and she was just an innocent victim in the pursuit to get her dad, the fact that he is now still alive and most likely under blanket, round the clock protection, surely puts her now more at risk.

If they can't now kill him, what better way to get at him to now finish off his daughter to make a statement.

I would have thought the last thing Yulia Skripal would now want to do is to go back home.

Gazolba

Maybe the first two were not the real targets, the second two were the real targets. The first two were just to throw off the investigation.
Committing a crime to cover up another crime is a tactic as old as the hills.

Otis

Maybe the first two were not the real targets, the second two were the real targets. The first two were just to throw off the investigation.
Committing a crime to cover up another crime is a tactic as old as the hills.
Ha.

So they didn't want to kill the ex Russian military intelligence officer they had a beef with and wanted revenge against, but did want to kill two random civilians with no association to the Motherland whatsoever.

Makes perfect sense.

Nick

Administrator
Surely you would have just given the recent two a bad batch of smack and nobody would have ever known. Rather then having the world's media, MI5 etc looking for you.

Otis

Surely you would have just given the recent two a bad batch of smack and nobody would have ever known. Rather then having the world's media, MI5 etc looking for you.
Fair point. If they are addicts, just overdose them or give them a very dodgy batch (and no, I don't mean from Gregg's).

Grendel

Would really like Grendel to answer this one.

If Russia want Yulia Skripal dead, in saying she wants to return to Russia surely she has just signed her death sentence.

If they want her dead and she returns she will soon be dead from apparent 'natural causes' or a tragic accident and if course if she had a 'heart attack' Russia would just say it was as a result of the strain put upon her body following the Novichok incident that they had nothing to do with and would almost certainly then blame Britain for her death.

Even if Russia didn't want Yulia Skripal dead and she was just an innocent victim in the pursuit to get her dad, the fact that he is now still alive and most likely under blanket, round the clock protection, surely puts her now more at risk.

If they can't now kill him, what better way to get at him to now finish off his daughter to make a statement.

I would have thought the last thing Yulia Skripal would now want to do is to go back home.

What did the quote say and when?

Was this before it after it was confirmed both were under surveillance by Russian Military authorities?

Otis

What did the quote say and when?

Was this before it after it was confirmed both were under surveillance by Russian Military authorities?
Don't know. Wingy said he's seen an interview I believe where she says she wants to go home.

If it's after it doesn't make any sense for her to want to go back. Her life would clearly be in danger.

Grendel

Don't know. Wingy said he's seen an interview I believe where she says she wants to go home.

If it's after it doesn't make any sense for her to want to go back. Her life would clearly be in danger.

Ah so the man who likes facts didn’t check what she actually said.

Users who are viewing this thread