Spy Poisoning (1 Viewer)

covmark

Oh and we've had the advice that if we've been to any of the cordoned places since Friday night, we should wash our clothes on a hot wash.
How reassuring haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

A park in salisbury has been cordoned off. Pretty sure that neither of them worked at Porton Down. Originally it was thought to be a bad batch of heroin or crack.
A few other places have cordons. A boots chemist in amesbury along with the church I mentioned earlier in the thread.
I'm sure there'll be more cordons now that it's confirmed as novichok.
The lady was first to show symptoms. The bloke didn't originally show any. He was taken ill 5 hours after the lady was taken to hospital on Saturday.
Worrying that it's taken so long to establish that it's novichok.

Yeah, you would think they would be right on that from the word go considering what went on before.

Otis

Thanks Wingy.

After 4 months of clean up, if is does prove to be residue, it makes us look pretty incompetent doesn't it?

Would have thought the clean up was meticulously detailed and thorough.

This is now an intriguing twist as it stands, so we should all now be very keen surely to find out the explanation as to what has happened.

wingy

What are people thinking down there, Mark? Any theories? Did they maybe work at Porton Down or for the goverment have you heard? Guessing there are all sorts of rumours flying around. Anyone down there know them a bit more intemiately and know what their jobs were?
There was a reference to them being homeless at some point in their lives last night .
On the Propaganda front It could work both ways ,everyone is assuming the Russians will milk it to obfuscate the original event.
How about the other way,they're having a very quiet, successful World Cup .
Big presentation by Mark Urban on Newsnight last night.
He's met Serge recently and Yulia definitely wants to go home, talked to her cousins ,other Family recently.
He Met and Interviewed Serge last year extensively for a book he's writing on him.
If you all want to call me a Nutjob carry on but this whole episode is full of gaping holes ,in spite of the OPCW report.
Sergei Lavrovs interviews on this matter matter have been entirely plausible if you’re willing to listen with an open mind and not from a 'Mail' or 'Telegraph' perspective.

lifeskyblue

It’s naive to suggest people are not or should not be interested in what putin and Russians say about this. They were identified as the perpetrators 4 months ago of an attack on British soil. There denial held little weight then. Would Russia want this happening again right now?
What is most concerning here is how long this has been active and questions the efficiency of our clean up methods etc. If no contact (including places visited etc) between the two before and the couple now then it opens up far more questions.
Worrying and interesting. Perplexing and frightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

There was a reference to them being homeless at some point in their lives last night .
On the Propaganda front It could work both ways ,everyone is assuming the Russians will milk it to obfuscate the original event.
How about the other way,they're having a very quiet, successful World Cup .
Big presentation by Mark Urban on Newsnight last night.
He's met Serge recently and Yulia definitely wants to go home, talked to her cousins ,other Family recently.
He Met and Interviewed Serge last year extensively for a book he's writing on him.
If you all want to call me a Nutjob carry on but this whole episode is full of gaping holes ,in spite of the OPCW report.
Sergei Lavrovs interviews on this matter matter have been entirely plausible if you’re willing to listen with an open mind and not from a 'Mail' or 'Telegraph' perspective.
Well that sounds like me. :) Definitely not a Mail or Telegraph reader and unlike others who I don't wish to mention on here, I am always open minded. ;) Was brought up to always accept there are two sides to every story and wait for all the facts before jumping to conclusions. Ha!

Sometimes things are clear cut and this might well be, but this is definitely a bit of a twist after such a meticulous clean up.

People in Salisbury must be very concerned.

Just how long does this stuff stay active?

Otis

It’s naive to suggest people are not or should not be interested in what putin and Russians say about this. They were identified as the perpetrators 4 months ago of an attack on British soil. There denial held little weight then. Would Russia want this happening again right now?
What is most concerning here is how long this has been active and questions the efficiency of our clean up methods etc. If no contact (including places visited etc) between the two before and the couple now then it opens up far more questions.

Yep, spot on. Very concerning.

Otis

Would just add, though at first I believed it was the Russians and it very much seemed to point to the Russians, I didn't just believe it was the Russians because the government told me it was.

Think we are right to question things and also try and find out more.

Same today, right now.

Very much seems to point to residue and not a new attack, but new info is needed and we need to know why there is still a risk 4 months on and after we were told it was now safe down there.

Captain Dart

If that was the case wouldn't they have picked a location as far away from Salisbury as possible to avoid the two being linked, somewhere like Scotland?

Not if someone was trying to suggest to the British public that Porton Down can't keep its stores of nerve agent secure & can't be trusted.

The victims don't make sense but the location could in some scenarios that can be envisaged.

Grendel

Well that sounds like me. :) Definitely not a Mail or Telegraph reader and unlike others who I don't wish to mention on here, I am always open minded. ;) Was brought up to always accept there are two sides to every story and wait for all the facts before jumping to conclusions. Ha!

Sometimes things are clear cut and this might well be, but this is definitely a bit of a twist after such a meticulous clean up.

People in Salisbury must be very concerned.

Just how long does this stuff stay active?

The British government have for years tried to suppress the Russian activity in espionage in the UK and possible assassinations. The cover up of Litvenko was only really stopped due to the public nature of the kill and the fact his family were very active in seeking answers.

Perepilichyv death by jogging wanted to be investigated by French authorities and we suppressed it. You really believe he died jogging?

Grendel

I see. So when a decade ago a big critic like Anna kovatkolivsika was poisoned on a flight survivedand then was shot two years later you believe mr Putin it was nothing to do with him?

The guy who in the uk who crashed his car (forget his name) and when someone went to the seen saw him vomiting a yellow substance and smelt like battery acid?

Or perhaps the views on the 12 - 14 Russians in the uk who’ve hung themselves, been run over or had a heart attack in the last few years?

Putin is a liar on a scale well beyond trump so I find it very naive to countenance anything that he says with any credibility at all.

Otis

I see. So when a decade ago a big critic like Anna kovatkolivsika was poisoned on a flight survivedand then was shot two years later you believe mr Putin it was nothing to do with him?

The guy who in the uk who crashed his car (forget his name) and when someone went to the seen saw him vomiting a yellow substance and smelt like battery acid?

Or perhaps the views on the 12 - 14 Russians in the uk who’ve hung themselves, been run over or had a heart attack in the last few years?

Putin is a liar on a scale well beyond trump so I find it very naive to countenance anything that he says with any credibility at all.
He is a liar and we indeed shouldn't give any credence to anything he says, but we do also have British governments who have also lied to us and have had PM's who haven't told us truth.

I would certainly never believe anything Putin told us, but then I am really happy that he has come round to our way of thinking a little and had learned to play the Football's Coming Home song on the piano.

Tiny steps, but a move in the right direction.

Grendel

He is a liar and we indeed shouldn't give any credence to anything he says, but we do also have British governments who have also lied to us and have had PM's who haven't told us truth.

I would certainly never believe anything Putin told us, but then I am happy he has come round to our at of thinking and had learned to play the Football's Coming Home song on the piano.

Tiny steps, but a move in the right direction.

PMs may not tell the truth but to my knowledge there have been no suspicious deaths of political opponents to the government in the uk and a string of mysterious deaths in other countries of people who’ve opposed them

lifeskyblue

As I said people will be interested to hear what he says and as important what he doesn’t say. I didn’t say I or anyone else should believe him. I’m sure the secret services throughout the West dissect every word he utters and brief their governments accordingly.

Otis

As I said people will be interested to hear what he says and as important what he doesn’t say. I didn’t say I or anyone else should believe him. I’m sure the secret services throughout the West dissect every word he utters and brief their governments accordingly.

Exactly.

Otis

It was indeed.

david-kelly-701919893.jpg

SkyblueBazza

No, I don't know them. We have been told nothing. Only that there is no risk to the wider public.
You have to say that's a bit hard to swallow. There's no way this couple have been targeted by the Russians. So they've obviously come into contact with it locally.
My daughter was invited to the church party that these people were last seen at. Thank fuck we had prior arrangements.
It'd be even more of a nightmare if we'd gone to that.

Sadly by 'wider public' it seems that they mean the risk is limited to those that come into contact with said stuff...which because nobody is sure where it is or how much there is - that is not very reassuring for people at all.

My colleague seems quite unfazed by it all - despite saying they walk the dog in that park sometimes.

In reality maybe the risk of getting run over by a runaway car is still far far greater?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Think we should find more about this nerve agent....Sounds like the perfect solution to deal with the drugy scum that roam our streets !
Yes...& then football yobs dancing on cars!? Then Travellers...oh & what about speeding motorists? And people that like Marmite?

covmark

Sadly by 'wider public' it seems that they mean the risk is limited to those that come into contact with said stuff...which because nobody is sure where it is or how much there is - that is not very reassuring for people at all.

My colleague seems quite unfazed by it all - despite saying they walk the dog in that park sometimes.

In reality maybe the risk of getting run over by a runaway car is still far far greater?

Tbh everyone around here is pretty unfazed. Just got to get on with your life. Riding past Police cordons on my way to work every day is a little unnerving though.
The most worrying thing is that whatever contaminated these two people, has not been found.

wingy

Tbh everyone around here is pretty unfazed. Just got to get on with your life. Riding past Police cordons on my way to work every day is a little unnerving though.
The most worrying thing is that whatever contaminated these two people, has not been found.

Yes they really must locate it, so many clues to come from that.

wingy

I'm guessing here that the initial assumption that the pair were low at heel substance abusers may have cost time In getting the treatment started or were they onto it early on?
Early enough to Treat them the same as the Skripals, or that they got more toxin through their skin by touching neat Novichock as against Environmentally diluted on a door knob?

covmark

I'm guessing here that the initial assumption that the pair were low at heel substance abusers may have cost time In getting the treatment started or were they onto it early on?
Early enough to Treat them the same as the Skripals, or that they got more toxin through their skin by touching neat Novichock as against Environmentally diluted on a door knob?
Yeah apparently there was an extremely high concentrate found on their hands. Which we're told is why they were so poorly. It can't have helped though that it was thought to be drug related at first.
The chap became ill 5 hours after the lady had been taken to hospital. So I presume he informed the paramedics that they had been taking drugs that day.

NorthernWisdom

First pair involved an ex Russian spy, so you'd always be a bit suspicious when odd things happened.

As far as we know, these are everyday people, so suspecting chemical poisoning probably isn't the first reaction.

Otis

First pair involved an ex Russian spy, so you'd always be a bit suspicious when odd things happened.

As far as we know, these are everyday people, so suspecting chemical poisoning probably isn't the first reaction.
Saw what you did there, chemical, reaction.

Captain Dart

Westendlad

Yes...& then football yobs dancing on cars!? Then Travellers...oh & what about speeding motorists? And people that like Marmite?

Liking the marmite people idea and mayo lovers too.....Vile stuff THAT'S IN EVERY FECKING SANDWICH IN THE SHOPS....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SkyblueBazza

Liking the marmite people idea and mayo lovers too.....Vile stuff THAT'S IN EVERY FECKING SANDWICH IN THE SHOPS....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Bizarrely...I have tried the Wckd (?) Range of Vegan wraps recently coz I am similar. Prefer butter to mayo...anyway they are very highly recommended. I was very surprised how tasty they were

Users who are viewing this thread