Spy Poisoning (1 Viewer)

wingy

Basically all that was previously stated in the written statements ,plus how surprised she was to find herself a victim .
A little bit about the discomfort of being treated and finally a suggestion that she may wish to return to Russia in the future .

Otis

So, what do we all make of this latest incident?

This couple seemingly are not Russian.

Cross contamination somewhere? Doesn't sound like another attack.

Unless it was in fact Russia and done so to try and cover up to 'show' that the first attack wasn't them.

Very intriguing twist.

covmark

Unless it was in fact Russia and done so to try and cover up to 'show' that the first attack wasn't them.

Very intriguing twist.
These people live on my estate. Literally a 1 minute walk from my house. Scary stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Frightening. Hopefully you are getting lots of advice/support on what you should do. Something very strange...is it linked to the one before or something separate? Must be very worrying for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Has to be cross contamination somehow surely? Doesn't make sense otherwise. Either that or the attacker left some kind of spillage somewhere by mistake. Would think with the Russians it would always be about having a specific target and attacking that specific target. The Skripal thing made sense, as he was an ex Kremlinite. This doesn't.

covmark

No, I don't know them. We have been told nothing. Only that there is no risk to the wider public.
You have to say that's a bit hard to swallow. There's no way this couple have been targeted by the Russians. So they've obviously come into contact with it locally.
My daughter was invited to the church party that these people were last seen at. Thank fuck we had prior arrangements.
It'd be even more of a nightmare if we'd gone to that.

djr8369

Very intriguing twist.

Both possible. Even if it is cross contamination I’m sure the Russians will use it as spin to suggest it wasn’t them.

Otis

Both possible. Even if it is cross contamination I’m sure the Russians will use it as spin to suggest it wasn’t them.

Of course.

If it is just some residue, Russia are going to be all over this like a rash and will say 'See, it wasn't us, this Skripal incident. You now have members of the British general public affected with it, it must have come from your own labs.' Will be something along those lines for sure.

Obviously, if it had been another two ex Russian citizens it would have reinforced the assertion that it was clearly Russia.

I'm sure the Russia propaganda machine will be all over this and try and use it as evidence of the incorrect former accusation.

Sick Boy

Of course.

If it is just some residue, Russia are going to be all over this like a rash and will say 'See, it wasn't us, this Skripal incident. You now have members of the British general public affected with it, it must have come from your own labs.' Will be something along those lines for sure.

Obviously, if it had been another two ex Russian citizens it would have reinforced the assertion that it was clearly Russia.

I'm sure the Russia propaganda machine will be all over this and try and use it as evidence of the incorrect former accusation.

How would residue just be 'left around'?

Grendel

Of course.

No one gives a flying fuck what the gangster Putin says - propaganda works only if there is an audience to manipulate

Sick Boy

Indeed. Salisbury has been decontaminated for the last 4 months. It's worrying tbh.

It is very concerning and it does like there's stuff we may never find out. Hope you and yours are doing okay.

Otis

How would residue just be 'left around'?
No idea. Very puzzling. I wonder how long it keeps its potency if just left somewhere.

Does conjure up some questions doesn't it. Did either of these two work at Porton Down?

As I say, the Russians will be all over this and say it confirms it came from within and not their doing.

Otis

No one gives a flying fuck what the gangster Putin says - propaganda works only if there is an audience to manipulate
Not a world audience then? You have to look past how it won't change Britain's view, but other nations? Might have them pondering.

We need more info on this. This is two British citizens and 9 miles away. How did it get there?

Grendel

No idea. Very puzzling. I wonder how long it keeps its potency if just left somewhere.

Does conjure up some questions doesn't it. Did either of these two work at Porton Down?

As I say, the Russians will be all over this and say it confirms it came from within and not their doing.

Why are you obsessed with what Russia thinks and they will be “all over it?” No one cares what they think or say

Grendel

Not a world audience then? You have to look past how it won't change Britain's view, but other nations? Might have them pondering.

We need more info on this. This is two British citizens and 9 miles away. How did it get there?

No - the western world won’t care less about it and it will not change any views at all. Putin is a pariah and an outcast.

I’d stick to the “comedy” if I were you.

Otis

Why are you obsessed with what Russia thinks and they will be “all over it?” No one cares what they think or say
Not in the slightest bit obsessed. Other nations might be. They were judging based on the intel we gave them this changes things because it is two British subjects.

If ot had been Salisbury it would make mnore sense and would point to something being missed in the decontamination process. this is 9 miles away.

Unless of course this is still from Salisbury and carried home.

Otis

No - the western world won’t care less about it and it will not change any views at all. Putin is a pariah and an outcast.

I’d stick to the “comedy” if I were you.
Glad you can be so certain based on so little evidence of this latest incident.

Why is everyone else on here intrigued and wondering what has happened and yet seemingly for you it changes nothing?

Ridiculous really. This conjures up some questions that need answering and the Beeb said the exact same thing tonight. We need more info before jumping to rash judgments.

What do you think then happened here, eh?

covmark

It is very concerning and it does like there's stuff we may never find out. Hope you and yours are doing okay.
Thanks mate. We're ok, just a bit concerned. Fingers crossed this couple pull through.

Otis

Thanks mate. We're ok, just a bit concerned. Fingers crossed this couple pull through.

What are people thinking down there, Mark? Any theories? Did they maybe work at Porton Down or for the goverment have you heard? Guessing there are all sorts of rumours flying around. Anyone down there know them a bit more intemiately and know what their jobs were?

Otis

Oh and I do pretty well out of my 'comedy' thank you very much. Appreciate the tip.

Grendel

Not in the slightest bit obsessed. Other nations might be. They were judging based on the intel we gave them this changes things because it is two British subjects.

If ot had been Salisbury it would make mnore sense and would point to something being missed in the decontamination process. this is 9 miles away.

Unless of course this is still from Salisbury and carried home.

They were in Salisbury the day before

dutchman

If that was the case wouldn't they have picked a location as far away from Salisbury as possible to avoid the two being linked, somewhere like Scotland?

Last edited:

Westendlad

Think we should find more about this nerve agent....Sounds like the perfect solution to deal with the drugy scum that roam our streets !

Grendel

As far as I could tell they weren't given any. They said they supported Britain because they were military allies but that next time they would require more evidence.

I’d imagine they reached a conclusion based off the other 12 unexplained deaths of former Russian citizens who made enemies of Putin that occurred in the uk alone in the last few years.

Bit of a pattern don’t you think?

covmark

What are people thinking down there, Mark? Any theories? Did they maybe work at Porton Down or for the goverment have you heard? Guessing there are all sorts of rumours flying around. Anyone down there know them a bit more intemiately and know what their jobs were?
A park in salisbury has been cordoned off. Pretty sure that neither of them worked at Porton Down. Originally it was thought to be a bad batch of heroin or crack.
A few other places have cordons. A boots chemist in amesbury along with the church I mentioned earlier in the thread.
I'm sure there'll be more cordons now that it's confirmed as novichok.
The lady was first to show symptoms. The bloke didn't originally show any. He was taken ill 5 hours after the lady was taken to hospital on Saturday.
Worrying that it's taken so long to establish that it's novichok.

Users who are viewing this thread