sky blue trust - useful or misguided (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Maybe just trying to get more people in the room. Don't think I will dial in for this one though.

I'd say it's probably linked to Simon's every other article recently mentioning fan ownership.

Probably going to:

giphy.gif

Monners

Doesn't bother me what he says, just don't see the point. Don't think it's stirring, just the Trust galvanising support fo it current stance in Sisu.

Nick

Administrator
Ah the one where they are pushing fan ownership all the time.

Like you say though, bit pointless him being there, even stranger cj trying to hype it up.

letsallsingtogether

I didn't know about that one, what was it? It wasn't waving wasps flags about was it? ;)
You did know you Torch and a few others were invited by BHSB but tried to turn into a threat.
Funny if I could actually be bothered it is on here some where,
TBF it was the second game and they stood at The JH statue with there City flags.

Showed yet again how people really aren't bothered and are just happy to watch this gracefull Club slowly die.
PUSB.

We were the third highest supported Club in this league last season with an average of 12500, where will we end up this season?
So we had to sell our best player to try and stay self sufficient, how many more will we now have to sell to do the same this season we are already 3000 supporters on the average down this season?

Nick

Administrator
You did know you Torch and a few others were invited by BHSB but tried to turn into a threat.
Funny if I could actually be bothered it is on here some where,
TBF it was the second game and they stood at The JH statue with there City flags.

Showed yet again how people really aren't bothered and are just happy to watch this gracefull Club slowly die.
PUSB.

We were the third highest supported Club in this league last season with an average of 12500, where will we end up this season?
So we had to sell our best player to try and stay self sufficient, how many more will we now have to sell to do the same this season we are already 3000 supporters on the average down this season?

Ah I remember the threat stuff, I didn't take it as a threat as wasn't it Torch?

Yep, I'd suggest you have a word with everybody shouting NOPM about them watching the club die and tell them to get down and and bring the Ricoh alive.

Amazing all of this club is dying stuff, but things like the Academy recruiting more coaches for example gets overlooked all of the time. Then there is the young supporters are missing out stuff.

Maybe if fans and the local media tried to push a bit of positivity about CCFC then more would start caring and get their arses down there. Rather than it being the "cool thing" to be trying to do some sort of protest etc. Just get down and support CCFC (I know you do, so it isn't aimed at you by the way).

#SISUOUT for the likes.

CJ_covblaze

Ah the one where they are pushing fan ownership all the time.

Like you say though, bit pointless him being there, even stranger cj trying to hype it up.

When was I trying to hype it up? I said we have an open meeting with a speaker that could be of interest. That's what we've got isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
When was I trying to hype it up? I said we have an open meeting with a speaker that could be of interest. That's what we've got isn't it?
Not really when you have Fisher offering.

Whatever floats boats though i guess and what / where the interest is.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

you are legitimising any attempt by sisu to move us out of Coventry again.
I'm not saying they will, or that they have even considered it, but you're saying it would be OK if they did.
I am a humble supporter of CCFC, I am legitimising nothing other than my view. If Sisu move Coventry City out of Coventry then in my opinion we should not be looking at Wasps to apportion blame but far closer to home. I would never endorse moving the club out of Coventry and it is not written anywhere that I did.
You see Clint, I believe that reading the words on the screen is easier than reading something that is not there.

Nick

Administrator
I am a humble supporter of CCFC, I am legitimising nothing other than my view. If Sisu move Coventry City out of Coventry then in my opinion we should not be looking at Wasps to apportion blame but far closer to home. I would never endorse moving the club out of Coventry and it is not written anywhere that I did.
You see Clint, I believe that reading the words on the screen is easier than reading something that is not there.

I think you are still completely missing the point being made.

SkyBlueZack

Wrong to move to Northampton because it was in the owners interests not the club or fans. Yet don't care wasps moved even further as their not your team. Hypocrisy. Ironic. Selfish. Oh and the fact numerous people have explained it and you still don't get it. Lack of comprehension.

Nick

Administrator
Wrong to move to Northampton because it was in the owners interests not the club or fans. Yet don't care wasps moved even further as their not your team. Hypocrisy. Ironic. Selfish. Oh and the fact numerous people have explained it and you still don't get it. Lack of comprehension.

It's that people can't see it and the fact it could mean CCFC having to move again and being stuffed even if SISU went tomorrow.

clint van damme

watch out

You're correct so why not try doing it?
If you give wasps a free ride for moving their club 90 miles you can't moan if sisu does the same.

CJ_covblaze

Not really when you have Fisher offering.

Whatever floats boats though i guess and what / where the interest is.

There are things we need to consider before deciding either way. It's pretty obvious what they are.

Nick

Administrator
There are things we need to consider before deciding either way. It's pretty obvious what they are.

I might be being thick, but what needs deciding before letting Tim Fisher go to an open meeting?

Surely when you want answers and interaction with the club then it is the best way?

What benefits do you see Simon bringing to trust members as a speaker?

Nick

Administrator
his safety?!

And you think Simon will be safe? He will need a waterproof outfit from the gushing because he said SISU out. ;) :wtf:

I wouldn't think there would be an issue with his safety, if there was then I'd suggest the trust need to have a word.

Just can't see the issue with Fisher going to one, and why it is so cagey about his offer.

CJ_covblaze

I might be being thick, but what needs deciding before letting Tim Fisher go to an open meeting?

Putting him in a room with a couple of hundred angry fans. Is that wise? I'm not comfortable with that personally.

Nick

Administrator
Putting him in a room with a couple of hundred angry fans. Is that wise? I'm not comfortable with that personally.

Really?

So people moan about wanting answers, yet won't have him there to be questioned and get Simon in instead to push that agenda.

If people can't be trusted not to be silly, then there is a bigger issue.

What do you think will be interesting about Simon being there over Fisher? Why is he answering questions over the football club?

A bit strange really that he gets free reign to peddle his stuff.

CJ_covblaze

Really?

So people moan about wanting answers, yet won't have him there to be questioned and get Simon in instead to push that agenda.

If people can't be trusted not to be silly, then there is a bigger issue.

What do you think will be interesting about Simon being there over Fisher?

We have asked him to meet some of our board privately to discuss the potential event before we do it partly for that reason. He's refusing.

Nick

Administrator
We have asked him to meet some of our board privately to discuss the potential event before we do it partly for that reason. He's refusing.

So has he refused an open meeting as well then, or just doesn't want to meet a couple of the board and wants to do it openly?

I am sure he knows the situation himself doesn't he anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Can't see any benefit of Gilbert being there other self promotion of his book.

Would be interesting to know I guess.

Unless it is just about saying SISU out and peddling his lines to get the fans going, sell a few books and he will write as many articles as he can to advertise protests and push fan ownership whilst ignoring other bits.

Looks more like politics.

Shout fan ownership and sisu out over and over again together.

Fisher is a grown up, he will know people aren't happy. Get him in there, no need for all of the private meeting with the board. If people can't be trusted to sit there and grill him properly rather than being stupid then have a word.

CJ_covblaze

So has he refused an open meeting as well then?

I am sure he knows the situation himself doesn't he?

No he's asked for one. We've asked to meet him first for a short meeting to discuss the finer details. He's refusing to do that. With regard to people "being silly" there is a bigger issue. If you think you can 100% guarantee that the individuals that will be "silly" won't turn up and it won't potentially get dangerous for him why not organise a forum with him yourself? More than happy to pass on details.

clint van damme

No he's asked for one. We've asked to meet him first for a short meeting to discuss the finer details. He's refusing to do that. With regard to people "being silly" there is a bigger issue. If you think you can 100% gaurentee that the individuals that will be "silly" won't turn up and it won't potentially get dangerous for him why not organise a forum with him yourself? More than happy to pass on details.

CJ, are you saying he's fine to attend the forum but doesn't want to attend a pre forum meeting intended to make sure everything goes to plan?

Nick

Administrator
No he's asked for one. We've asked to meet him first for a short meeting to discuss the finer details. He's refusing to do that. With regard to people "being silly" there is a bigger issue. If you think you can 100% gaurentee that the individuals that will be "silly" won't turn up and it won't potentially get dangerous for him why not organise a forum with him yourself? More than happy to pass on details.

Ah, the old "do it yourself line". If in doubt, throw that out.

What is the bigger issue? I am sure he knows that fans aren't happy, he has walked into pubs and been abused.

He can sit and answer questions, people should grill him that way. If people are going to get stupid and start giving it loads then kick them out. If he is that bothered, he can take a couple of the orange coats from games to stand by him.

If he is requesting to have an open meeting, what's the issue? Surely he is better to have there for questioning than Simon?

CJ_covblaze

CJ, are you saying he's fine to attend the forum but doesn't want to attend a pre forum meeting intended to make sure everything goes to plan?

If what we hear at that private meeting is satisfactory and the issue I stated above is resolved then I don't have a problem with it.

Interesting that for months we were asking for Tony to turn up to talk to the fans for an hour on any night of his choosing and the club seemed to block it due to it's concerns about who might be there but Tim is now so desperate to do it.

Nick

Administrator
If what we hear at that private meeting is satisfactory and the issue I stated above is resolved then I don't have a problem with it.

Interesting that for months were asking for Tony to turn up to talk to the fans for an hour on any night of his choosing and the club seemed to block it due to it's concerns about who might be there but Tim is now so desperate to do it.

What would you want to hear to be satisfactory in private before letting him speak to fans?

I take it Simon is also being screened?

Just seems a bit strange, when it was mentioned yesterday the first response was "Where did you hear that?"

Just sounds like a big game of politics still.

Just get him in front of the fans and let him get grilled, much more beneficial than Gilbert surely?

Monners

Easy - organsie an open meeting, invite Fisher, ask him questions- some prepared, others from audience. Call the meeting Question Time (clue - the BBC use this format).
Nick - make sure you attend. Then you can't be accused of sniping from the sidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread