sky blue trust - useful or misguided (3 Viewers)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
TF is a skilled communicator - you might not believe or agree with what he says - but that doesn't change the fact he is quite at home in meetings with fans whether private or public. He is very experienced in such situations and unless someone like Stuart Linnell is hosting it then I am not sure the SBT board are as skilled to match him

I would guess part of the reason he wants to meet with fans (which should be every chairmans duty) is because to some degree he can control it and get the message he wants to across. Big meetings will not provide the opportunity for really searching questions, follow ups on answers or detailed discussion and the one person to be reported on will be TF. This is frankly a PR opportunity for him, that he feels he can control

To be clear I am not saying there is anything wrong or underhand in his actions, and I can see why he wouldn't want a private meeting with the Trust board and see the appeal of a large fans meeting.

Will also allow him to publically press SB Trust on the fans ownership proposals
Just my opinion

clint van damme

If what we hear at that private meeting is satisfactory and the issue I stated above is resolved then I don't have a problem with it.

Interesting that for months we were asking for Tony to turn up to talk to the fans for an hour on any night of his choosing and the club seemed to block it due to it's concerns about who might be there but Tim is now so desperate to do it.

but if he's happy to attend the forum but not the pre forum meeting you could be forgiven for thinking he wanted it to get out of hand and would welcome the bad publicity that would bring, or maybe I'm just been a conspiracy theorist!

CJ_covblaze

Ah, the old "do it yourself line". If in doubt, throw that out.

What is the bigger issue? I am sure he knows that fans aren't happy, he has walked into pubs and been abused.

He can sit and answer questions, people should grill him that way. If people are going to get stupid and start giving it loads then kick them out. If he is that bothered, he can take a couple of the orange coats from games to stand by him.

If he is requesting to have an open meeting, what's the issue? Surely he is better to have there for questioning than Simon?

I don't want it on my conscience. Sorry if my morals have got the better of me.

Nick

Administrator
Easy - organsie an open meeting, invite Fisher, ask him questions- some prepared, thers from audience. Call the meeting Question Time (clue - the BBC use this format).
Nick - make sure you attend. You can't be accused of sniping from the sidelines

I will if I can. :)
You are right though, although I am not sure about prepared questions that he has seen. Whole idea is to catch him off guard and put him on the spot.

Nick

Administrator
but if he's happy to attend the forum but not the pre forum meeting you could be forgiven for thinking he wanted it to get out of hand and would welcome the bad publicity that would bring, or maybe I'm just been a conspiracy theorist!

He would want to go there to get a kickin to make the trust look bad?

I'd say it's stranger on the thread yesterday when mentioned about Fisher and a meeting the first reply was "Where did you hear that?" as if it was a secret (it was in the SCG minutes where he offered publicly).

All just seems strange.

CJ_covblaze

Like if he was to walk into a pub full of boozed up fans on an away day you mean?

Nick

Administrator
Oh yeah , of Fisher refuses the invite or ignores it - tell the fans.

Agree, if he is asking the trust for one and they are saying no then it makes it look like the trust's fault. (whether it is or isn't). Call his bluff and give him a date and time, if he doesn't turn up then there's the ammo ;)

Nick

Administrator
I don't want it on my conscience. Sorry if my morals have got the better of me.

What would you be asking him and what would you want to happen to be satisfactory? Seems a bit strange you would have to interview him first before he could do an open meeting.

Monners

You are right though, although I am not sure about prepared questions that he has seen. Whole idea is to catch him off guard and put him on the spot.
He doesn't see the questions up front. The SBT put together some pre prepared ones. Moz (if he Chairs) then takes supplementary questions from the audience.

Nick

Administrator
He doesn't see the questions up front. The SBT put together some pre prepared ones. Moz (if he Chairs) then takes supplementary questions from the audience.

Ah yes, I agree.

Didn't know if you meant pre agreed with him like sometimes happens!

Can't really moan any more about not getting answers and stuff publicly if he is being turned down for an open meeting.

Bit pointless getting Simon up there to push his book.

NorthernWisdom

I would guess part of the reason he wants to meet with fans (which should be every chairmans duty) is because to some degree he can control it and get the message he wants to across. Big meetings will not provide the opportunity for really searching questions, follow ups on answers or detailed discussion and the one person to be reported on will be TF. This is frankly a PR opportunity for him, that he feels he can control

To be clear I am not saying there is anything wrong or underhand in his actions, and I can see why he wouldn't want a private meeting with the Trust board and see the appeal of a large fans meeting.

Will also allow him to publically press SB Trust on the fans ownership proposals
Just my opinion

Thing is... is there any issue with the trust being pressed on their fan ownership proposals?

If they can't defend them satisfactorally, they shouldn't be making them in the first place.

NorthernWisdom

We know how these go from Sixfields. Any attempt to probe in depth is stymied by moving on to some moron who wants to have a bit of a rant, thus allowing any opportunity for depth to be skimmed over.

I see one poster on this thread who might agree with that... ;)

Monners

Ah yes, I agree.

Didn't know if you meant pre agreed with him like sometimes happens!

Can't really moan any more about not getting answers and stuff publicly if he is being turned down for an open meeting.

Bit pointless getting Simon up there to push his book.
Re Simon (nothing against the bloke), but I won't be dialling in.

Nick

Administrator
TF is a skilled communicator - you might not believe or agree with what he says - but that doesn't change the fact he is quite at home in meetings with fans whether private or public. He is very experienced in such situations and unless someone like Stuart Linnell is hosting it then I am not sure the SBT board are as skilled to match him

Just my opinion

Surely it would be taken as what it is and with tons of salt?

What's the issue with the trust being pressed on the ownership stuff? Simon is promoting it in articles and media statements are being given so there is no issue with questions about that.

Just goes against all of the shouting about wanting answers, getting Simon there is more just like giving people what they want to hear and working up to the shouting about sisu stuff. Get a couple more protests promoted etc.

It would be what it was, nobody there would be taking everything as gospel but surely now every time the fans shout "we want answers" he has ammo to come back with?

Monners

Thats how it seems to me Nick. I don't have an issue with protests, but don't see the point of Simon being a gue speaker.

chiefdave

Bit odd. If he didn't feel safe he wouldn't offer to come would he? What do you mean by 'If what we hear at that private meeting is satisfactory'?

To be honest if the trust feel that Fisher would not be safe at one of their meetings they need to be taking a long hard look at themselves.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
there should be no issue ..................... but the idea of the meeting is to question Fisher isn't it? There is no bid and the mechanics of a fans ownership is general principles are reasonably well known. The owner has said categorically that the club is not for sale there is nothing to discuss.

You do not want to waste an evening with Fisher talking about how and if the Trust can make a bid do you - but I bet Fisher would prefer that

You want answers from him don't you? For this meeting to work it has to be focussed on Fisher

Nick

Administrator
there should be no issue ..................... but the idea of the meeting is to question Fisher isn't it? There is no bid and the mechanics of a fans ownership is general principles are reasonably well known. The owner has said categorically that the club is not for sale there is nothing to discuss.

You do not want to waste an evening with Fisher talking about how and if the Trust can make a bid do you - but I bet Fisher would prefer that

So if there is nothing about fan ownership, what is stuff like this going to achieve?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/new-sky-blue-trust-chairman-12106051

Surely not letting him answer questions it just giving him more ammo the next time fans say they want answers?

It's all a bit strange, yesterday CJ acted like he knew nothing about it with his "Where did you hear this" stuff.

Just seems a bit more about politics and games, the exact thing that people moan about everybody else doing.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Surely not letting him answer questions it just giving him more ammo the next time fans say they want answers?

Exactly my point Nick - TF answering questions

introduce other things and you don't get his answers you don't get the focus on the club and its situation.

Whats more important right now......
The Academy
Being at the Ricoh
BPA
Players staying leaving
The owners attitude
CCFC finances
the CCFC way forward

or
A trust enquiry about fans ownership of a club that is not for sale

because if I were in TF's position I would use this opportunity to deflect the meeting on to the Trust about a whole range of issues

Nick

Administrator
Exactly my point Nick - TF answering questions

introduce other things and you don't get his answers you don't get the focus on the club and its situation.

Whats more important right now......
The Academy
Being at the Ricoh
BPA
Players staying leaving
The owners attitude
CCFC finances
the CCFC way forward

or
A trust enquiry about fans ownership of a club that is not for sale

So surely the best way to combat that is to not run to the press every 10 minutes about fan ownership and saying sell up? Why has the focus been on that and nobody is even mentioning the ongoing talks about the academy?

It isn't the club taking the focus off those, unless the trust and telegraph are really double double agents ;)

He is clearly like you say an intelligent bloke and good at those situations, so don't stand there shouting SELL UP knowing full well they won't and then wonder why he mentions it.

I'd love nothing more than him to be grilled and put on the spot, would he wriggle his way out of a lot of it, more than likely try to but people will take it all with salt.

What's going to happen the next time Moz is in the telegraph demanding answers for example?

rupert_bear

Fisher going to an open meeting with the fans, you're having a laugh ffs! He couldn't even go to the last SCG meeting in person he did on the phone about 100 miles away

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think you will find that Mr Fisher knew exactly what he was doing when he made the first public mention of the Trust "bid" at the SCG - knowing it would have to be minuted

As for the CT - not sure they have any plan other than newspaper and internet clicks. They should seem to be throwing as much mud as they can in what ever way they can

The focus is exactly where it shouldn't be - I agree what about the Academy etc. We are looking and pointing in the wrong directions

Nick

Administrator
Fisher going to an open meeting with the fans, you're having a laugh ffs! He couldn't even go to the last SCG meeting in person he did on the phone about 100 miles away

Did you miss the bit where CJ said he is asking them for one? The giveaway would be if he turns up or not.

chiefdave

I always think with these things, like the ones they have on CWR, you need it to be one person asking the questions. When you throw it open to the floor someone will ask an important question, Fisher will give it the brush off and then we move on to someone asking why we haven't signed Carl Baker.

Having said that it was the Trust the pushed the fan ownership idea but have, to date, provided very little information on how it would be achieved. Think its a fair question from Fisher to ask for more details and easy for the trust to pre-empt by making those details public in advance.

NorthernWisdom

Think you will find that Mr Fisher knew exactly what he was doing when he made the first mention of the Trust "bid" at the SCG - knowing it would have to be minuted

That doesn't stop the trust being stupid for bringing it up in the first place.

You want focus? Focus yourself first. That applies for everything and everywhere, too. Don't want people to talk about something? Don't give them the open goal.

Monners

You don't have to physically be at a meeting to attend, and have comments minuted.

Nick

Administrator
That doesn't stop the trust being stupid for bringing it up in the first place.

You want focus? Focus yourself first. That applies for everything and everywhere, too. Don't want people to talk about something? Don't give them the open goal.

That's what I mean, but put better.

Don't give him ammo, if people don't want the fan ownership mentioned, don't keep going on about it in the telegraph.

Monners

Anyway, the High Court has just ruled that the Govt can't trigger Brexit without a vote in Parliament.

NortonSkyBlue

Wrong to move to Northampton because it was in the owners interests not the club or fans. Yet don't care wasps moved even further as their not your team. Hypocrisy. Ironic. Selfish. Oh and the fact numerous people have explained it and you still don't get it. Lack of comprehension.
You may be right about my lack of comprehension but I really do fail to see what Wasps have got to do with our situation. If we move out of Coventry it will not be down to the actions of a rugby club who I didn't give a toss about before they arrived in Coventry and still don't.
Spew your venom on those that have caused and affected our club in such away that it will be potentially homeless and without tangible assets.
What Wasps have done to their club is their business and they have positioned it to their advantage within our city. How I wish Sisu had done the same with CCFC within Coventry and then there would have been no opportunity for Wasps to land on our patch.
Its like having a beautiful girlfriend and not giving her any attention and then complaining when she breaks up with you and falls for the new kid in town. Can you blame her?

Users who are viewing this thread