sky blue trust - useful or misguided (2 Viewers)

skybluesam66

Now to have somebody to represent the fans is good, particularly if that is democratic
And i am aware of the arguments "at least they are doing something" "why dont you" etc etc

but they claim to be the voice of 3000 fans

I dont buy this - I think they are the voice of about 20 who go to their meetings, the rest signed up when we went to sixfields, thinking it was all they had left

As it is , it is just another of several groups
The most ironic being "The jimmy hill way" as his song was Lets all sing together

instead we are doing it the Joy (sepalla) Division (three) way "love will tear us apart"

rupert_bear

And on here the voice of those who jump to the defence of an organisation who have turned our football club to the apology it is currently definitely number about half a dozen. You can almost accurately guess the order they come on.
As for the SBT what else
is there ? we fans have virtually no clout or outlet at all other than coming onto this little little website and voicing our disdain at the current state of our football club and its seemingly perilous future and this unfortunately is very much a little website, does a job but at best has fewer than 50/60 viewing. You might not like it but the SBT can and do officially ask the sometimes awkward questions.

What do you suggest is the best way for The SBT to go, or SISU for that matter !!

Otis

Now to have somebody to represent the fans is good, particularly if that is democratic
And i am aware of the arguments "at least they are doing something" "why dont you" etc etc

but they claim to be the voice of 3000 fans

I dont buy this - I think they are the voice of about 20 who go to their meetings, the rest signed up when we went to sixfields, thinking it was all they had left

As it is , it is just another of several groups
The most ironic being "The jimmy hill way" as his song was Lets all sing together

instead we are doing it the Joy (sepalla) Division (three) way "love will tear us apart"
Are you a member, Sam? If you are, do you go to meetings to get your voice heard and offer your opinion?

I am a member, though haven't been to any meetings as as yet.

If I were deeply concerned about them I would be straight down there for the next meeting.

I haven't agreed with everything they have said, but they are all we have got.

I think it would be in the best interest of Coventry City if we all joined up and made our voice bigger.

They are an easy target to criticise, but unless someone has the notion to set up an alternative voice for the fans, the SBT it is.

Astute

How is the SBT supposed to do what we want?

Just look on here. Whatever someone says about any side there is someone jumping to their defence. So how are we supposed to be together on anything?

CJ_covblaze

We always welcome feedback and currently have a couple of spots on the board for anyone that wants to stand for election. There's an open meeting on 21st November at the Royal Warwicks Club in the City. We're hoping to have a speaker who could be of some interest.

Irish Sky Blue

I have been to a few open meetings. These usually have well over a hundred in attendance. The three marches have been organised by the Trust. These have each been attended by thousands of City fans. Until I see another group doing things better I will continue to support the Trusts protests. It is very easy to snipe, not so easy to come up with creditable alternatives.

dongonzalos

I signed up during the Sixfields debarcle.
The trust do represent myself. I also get the feeling the trust voices the opinions of the majority of CCFC fans.
The SCG is an absolute farce and the opinions of the chairmen and some key members on there have very little in relation to what the majority of the fans think.

olderskyblue

Ah just seen telegraph article.

Strangely enough, that wasn't the first thing I noticed on the Telegraph page....

Astute

We always welcome feedback and currently have a couple of spots on the board for anyone that wants to stand for election. There's an open meeting on 21st November at the Royal Warwicks Club in the City. We're hoping to have a speaker who could be of some interest.
So will the rest of the people who will speak be of no interest at all? ;)

clint van damme

How is the SBT supposed to do what we want?

Just look on here. Whatever someone says about any side there is someone jumping to their defence. So how are we supposed to be together on anything?

but if everyone splits off into groups with only people that they entirely agree with then we'll have about 300 splinter groups that no one gives a toss about.
Like Otis said, if there are things your concerned about, go along and make your voice heard.

skybluebeduff

Thought they had 2000 members? And to be fair only a tiny handful ever go to meetings, so it's just a few blokes, in a pub, acting like they're the voice for an entire fan-base. You can see why people get pissed off...

Astute

but if everyone splits off into groups with only people that they entirely agree with then we'll have about 300 splinter groups that no one gives a toss about.
Like Otis said, if there are things your concerned about, go along and make your voice heard.
I have never had a go at the SBT or anyone involved in it. If I lived closer I would like to have been involved.

What gets me is people that are happy to have a go at them all the time but won't join or help in any way. They should be thanking them for their time and effort if they can't be bothered themselves.

rupert_bear

It wasn't the trust who organised the march, the fans did, mainly through facebook.
It was was discussed at the meeting at the Royal Warwicks club in town, as far as I could see Trust people were the most vocal about it although there were other groups the admittedly. Just how it was organised through facebook alone I don't know, looking at the average age of the march participants I doubt that many own a computer let alone have facebook.​

skybluebeduff

It was was discussed at the meeting at the Royal Warwicks club in town, as far as I could see Trust people were the most vocal about it although there were other groups the admittedly. Just how it was organised through facebook alone I don't know, looking at the average age of the march participants I doubt that many own a computer let alone have facebook.​
The unofficial Coventry City Fans Forum on Facebook has 4900 members. Someone called Nigel Warren gave the idea of the protest and it grew from that. The trust were involved but it wasn't their idea I don't think anyway.

Otis

The unofficial Coventry City Fans Forum on Facebook has 4900 members. Someone called Nigel Warren gave the idea of the protest and it grew from that. The trust were involved but it wasn't their idea I don't think anyway.

Bet they still got blamed for it mind.

skybluebeduff

Yep.

Some were moaning about it weren't they and saying it was pointless.
Those same people who refuse to do anything apart from sitting on one hand whilst typing with another, they're a tiny minority so I wouldn't worry about it or their opinions.

shmmeee

Quit the Trust a while ago because I didn't agree with their direction, but people seem to misunderstand what the point of them is. They're not just like NOPM or JHW or whatever, they're set up under a specific set of rules with a specific purpose. In those terms they do what they say on the tin.

Can't help but feel this thread is the classic Cov "shit on anyone trying, while not really comprehending what they're doing" trope.

Also, I'm on the Facebook page so I get news on my feed. If my "like" is now being used to lend some kind of legitimacy to them as a fans group, they can fuck right off. Facebook isn't the real world. I post here but don't support Nick as our leader or some kind of SBT "group".

I'll be removing the page from my subs if they're trying that shit.

Nick

Administrator
I post here but don't support Nick as our leader or some kind of SBT "group".

giphy.gif

rupert_bear

Did you go skybluebeduff ? march or meeting. The 20/48 buses takes you straight to the Royal Warwicks from beduff seems there is an open meeting on the 21st of November so you have three weeks to arrange things so you can be there and contribute.

skybluesam66

been busy so just replying now

im not a member - its just that they do not have good PR, and because of that everything is confrontational and diversive. And no I dont have the answer

Users who are viewing this thread