sky blue trust - useful or misguided (1 Viewer)

wingy

I realise everyone is not like me but on a personal level I wouldn't be sitting in those meetings,or any vehicle that allows Fisher to continue his mutterings.

georgehudson

I stopped reading the pages from 6 onwards largely due to the predictable puerile bickering of those who have swallowed the 'sisu pill',
however, imho, TF may have to be seen, as trying to engage with fans,
as part of a remit for the acceptance from, perhaps the FA or the FL.
We, as fans, are not party to the politics of trying to engage opinion to relevant persons.
All I can/will say, is that in the opinion of tens of thousands, Fisher is NOT WANTED HERE,
indeed ask CCFC fans what they think of him, a 99% rejection factor,
& further the ethics of the likes of J.Strange need to be examined,
let us rid ourselves of these pariahs,
PUSB

letsallsingtogether

So now only Cov Tel readers want Fisher out.
Very Strange comment.

skybluetony176

No stranger than saying tens of thousands!

I struggle to believe that there isn't a Cov fan out there who wouldn't be happy to see Fisher go whether they read the telegraph, observer, neither, are a season ticket holder, go regularly, go occasionally, go once a season, NOPM or non of the above. Anyone who has more than a passing interest in CCFC will be aware of the period of spiralling and accelerating decline witnessed during the course TF has been at the helm. Hell I bet even you would be happy to see the back of TF? Maybe not?

Nothing strange about assuming tens of thousands would like to see the back of Fisher. In fact it would be the only logical assumption. I doubt there's many if any out there going TF has done a good job for the club. Do you disagree?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I struggle to believe that there isn't a Cov fan out there who wouldn't be happy to see Fisher go whether they read the telegraph, observer, neither, are a season ticket holder, go regularly, go occasionally, go once a season, NOPM or non of the above. Anyone who has more than a passing interest in CCFC will be aware of the period of spiralling and accelerating decline witnessed during the course TF has been at the helm. Hell I bet even you would be happy to see the back of TF? Maybe not?

Nothing strange about assuming tens of thousands would like to see the back of Fisher. In fact it would be the only logical assumption. I doubt there's many if any out there going TF has done a good job for the club. Do you disagree?
Agree
A CEO in any other Business with he's track record would have been SACKED along time ago .

martcov

Agree
A CEO in any other Business with he's track record would have been SACKED along time ago .

Only problem there is, who do we (CCFC) replace him with? We are up shit creek without a paddle. It would solve no purpose to replace him without a change in our finances. If he goes, we want a major sponsor or bored billionaire to appoint his successor and give whoever it is a few million to help things along.

The only thing TF can influence at the moment is the PR and maybe get a deal for the Ricoh, but without a serious capital injection we are going nowhere.

Replacing Tim does not solve the underlying problems.

ceetee

Only problem there is, who do we (CCFC) replace him with? We are up shit creek without a paddle. It would solve no purpose to replace him without a change in our finances. If he goes, we want a major sponsor or bored billionaire to appoint his successor and give whoever it is a few million to help things along.

The only thing TF can influence at the moment is the PR and maybe get a deal for the Ricoh, but without a serious capital injection we are going nowhere.

I agree

SISU aren't going to replace him if he's doing what they want him to do, which, of course, may be miles away from what we fans would like.

And anyway, I'm not convinced he's just an employee of SISU. I have no information or knowledge, but the fact that he's still around after so many developments and issues in the management of CCFC suggests to me his relationship with SISU may be more complicated than employer/employee.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ok you make a valid point , but Mr Tim Fisher has become TOXIC and is damaging the business .

Grendel

Hardly see the point in getting rid of him. Perhaps orange ken could come back.

chiefdave

That would depend on SISU's objectives. You're assuming they base the success of the business on success on the field. Maybe their primary aim is to move towards self sustainability.

Of course from a fans perspective his position seems untenable. Certainly its hard to imagine any new owner keeping him on. From a SISU perspective getting rid of him just means they have to bring someone else in to do their bidding. We've seen a lot of people here for a short period of time. Suspect they are happy to have Fisher stick around.

Irish Sky Blue

The things 0ld Fiver says makes me wonder if he really is TF in disguise. Old Fiver, do you think that Fisher has done a good job, in other words that we are in a better position than when he joined?

Irish Sky Blue

They might be able to employ someone who could actually try to heal the rifts that Sisu and TF in particular has caused. Apparently TF only works on CCFC matters part time( good job in many ways, think how bad it would be if he put in a full week). Surely a club like ours needs someone running it full time, trying to make us look and feel again like the professional sports team we used to be.

stupot07

They might be able to employ someone who could actually try to heal the rifts that Sisu and TF in particular has caused. Apparently TF only works on CCFC matters part time( good job in many ways, think how bad it would be if he put in a full week). Surely a club like ours needs someone running it full time, trying to make us look and feel again like the professional sports team we used to be.

I doubt it. We had Chris Anderson and it didn't take long until he was called a sisu puppet. He tried and failed to 'heal the rifts'. Anyone that we employ in that position has to work within the financial constraints that are placed upon us and the backdrop of legal proceedings that sisu are undertaking. We all think TF is a bit of a knob, but how doea replacing him change anything?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Hope you don't mind me asking LetsAllSingTogether but you seem to know about these things - are there any more protests planned? I didn't boycott rochdale but did go on the march and it seemed to get some good publicity.
I boycotted the first half only went in for the second half.
As for other protests plenty planned.
And before people start crying we will be getting to all sides evolved.
Details will be released as near to the time as possible some only at the ground for obvious reasons.
PUSB.

letsallsingtogether

In my previous post #317, I made no mention of the Cov Tel,
indeed when I referred to pages 6 onwards, it was reference to this thread.
My statement about TF & 99% of City fans, is, imho, totally justified, on the basis of the fact that as CEO, the buck stops with him.
It all down to the Cov Tel they are the new scapegoats didn't you know that.

georgehudson

Well, of course the predictably puerile bickerers will leap in & deliver their unsubstantiated damnatory edicts against the overwhelming majority of CCFC fans.
What is inescapable though is the fact, imho, & tens of thousands, that TF's time @ CCFC has been catastrophic.
My profuse apologies to those who consider that I may have been excessively verbose.
PUSB
p.s. no mention of the C/Tel

NortonSkyBlue

Agree
I want sisu and Tim Fisher gone for the good of Coventry City, however in saying that do any of us know his brief? If his brief was to make the club self sufficient then who is to say that he hasn't succeeded?
If its the on the field issues we are judging him on then I suggest we are looking at the wrong target, remember this time last year when we were riding high? who was moaning then?
If his brief is to have a working relationship with the landlords, grow the club exponentially as a business then all of them have failed, Anderson, Fisher ect....

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
To a degree whoever is in Fisher's position is going to have to do the same job. Namely.....
- Keep attention off Seppala
- manage attention on matters such as Academy, BPA, Ryton, Stadium, Investment
- to muddy the waters and point attention elsewhere

So changing Fisher is not going to change anything or solve anything. In him staying we have some certainty of what to expect. No one is going to have any real power because that lays in London.

You do wonder what keeps him here, doesn't strike me as someone to do something for no reward

dongonzalos

To a degree whoever is in Fisher's position is going to have to do the same job. Namely.....
- Keep attention off Seppala
- manage attention on matters such as Academy, BPA, Ryton, Stadium, Investment
- to muddy the waters and point attention elsewhere

So changing Fisher is not going to change anything or solve anything. In him staying we have some certainty of what to expect. No one is going to have any real power because that lays in London.

You do wonder what keeps him here, doesn't strike me as someone to do something for no reward

I have often wondered that and SISU do have a reputation of employing people with promises of future shares in the business and directorships etc.
I assume he has invested along the line somewhere.
If you think of all the people that have come and gone.
The only permanent factors are joy derek and tim.
Unless the others couldn't work with him but Joy can't see that and thinks he is fantastic. Who knows?

NorthernWisdom

I'd suggest after Northampton, he has to see this through to the bitter end. To not do so will mean he'd never work in football again (and a spell at Charlton before suggests he does have an affinity to the sport in some way). At least if, somehow, this did all get sorted out, he'd be a genius.

And let's face it, his rep in footballing circles isn't going to go down, is it!

Users who are viewing this thread