sky blue trust - useful or misguided (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
You may be right about my lack of comprehension but I really do fail to see what Wasps have got to do with our situation. If we move out of Coventry it will not be down to the actions of a rugby club who I didn't give a toss about before they arrived in Coventry and still don't.
Spew your venom on those that have caused and affected our club in such away that it will be potentially homeless and without tangible assets.
What Wasps have done to their club is their business and they have positioned it to their advantage within our city. How I wish Sisu had done the same with CCFC within Coventry and then there would have been no opportunity for Wasps to land on our patch.
Its like having a beautiful girlfriend and not giving her any attention and then complaining when she breaks up with you and falls for the new kid in town. Can you blame her?

So if the action of the rugby club was to not allow ccfc to play there but isn't their fault? For example.

NortonSkyBlue

So if the action of the rugby club was to not allow ccfc to play there but isn't their fault? For example.
Nick, Wasps are in a position to deny Coventry City access to a stadium that was built for them. That is cruel irony, that Wasps feel that may want to go down that route is due to the actions of the our owners and their representatives.
FWIW I hope that all will be resolved but blaming Wasps is futile IMO. Yes lobby them to allow the sky blues to stay at the Ricoh but sadly its their ball and we can only play there if we learn to play nicely.

wingy

He would want to go there to get a kickin to make the trust look bad?

I'd say it's stranger on the thread yesterday when mentioned about Fisher and a meeting the first reply was "Where did you hear that?" as if it was a secret (it was in the SCG minutes where he offered publicly).

All just seems strange.
Not quite true that is it.
The first response to my direct question was that it was always going to be Simon.

NorthernWisdom

I hate to divert this thread btw ;) but... the open meeting.

Do I *have* to pre-register via EventBrite to attend? Unsure what my plans are ;) currently, so wouldn't want to commit unless I had to... and to commit and then not turn up is poor form.

It'd be good to see the Canley lad in action though.

olderskyblue

I'm not sure what "taking a long hard look at themselves" will do to stop any anxiety about some nob head with a couple of shandy's down him getting aggressive and spoiling the whole thing. (I don't mean Tim....) I would have thought having concern over that is a sensible approach.

I wouldn't want Tim de-railing the event by attacking the trust the way he did at the last SCG meeting either. What's the point questioning them about fan ownership, their accounts etc when the club is "not for sale". There are far more important questions to be answered, and as has been said, lets him off the hook about those points.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure what "taking a long hard look at themselves" will do to stop any anxiety about some nob head with a couple of shandy's down him getting aggressive and spoiling the whole thing. (I don't mean Tim....) I would have thought having concern over that is a sensible approach.

I wouldn't want Tim de-railing the event by attacking the trust the way he did at the last SCG meeting either. What's the point questioning them about fan ownership, their accounts etc when the club is "not for sale". There are far more important questions to be answered, and as has been said, lets him off the hook about those points.

Equally, what's the point in keep pushing out articles about fan ownership then? There has been more about them in the media recently than there has about the academy...

Don't give him chance to ;)

olderskyblue

Equally, what's the point in keep pushing out articles about fan ownership then? There has been more about them in the media recently than there has about the academy...

Don't give him chance to ;)

There's a simple answer if Tim goes down that road. Is the club for sale? If no, then no point discussing that with him. move onto the academy question etc

No harm at all the trust venting their views, and what their answer might be to the rut we are in with SISU, and using the press for that. I would suggest if Tim wants to understand it more, he puts the club up for sale and then has a closed meeting to discuss it.

Nick

Administrator
There's a simple answer if Tim goes down that road. Is the club for sale? If no, then no point discussing that with him. move onto the academy question etc

No harm at all the trust venting their views, and what their answer might be to the rut we are in with SISU, and using the press for that. I would suggest if Tim wants to understand it more, he puts the club up for sale and then has a closed meeting to discuss it.

So the trust can keep putting their views in the paper about fan ownership even though the club isnt up for sale, but fisher cant mention it because the club isn't up for sale so it's pointless?

Why not just stop banging on about fan ownership then if they dont want Fisher to mention it and the club isn't for sale?

Monners

So the trust can keep putting their views in the paper about fan ownership even though the club isnt up for sale, but fisher cant mention it because the club isn't up for sale so it's pointless?

Why not just stop banging on about fan ownership then if they dont want Fisher to mention it and the club isn't for sale?
I'm confused

Nick

Administrator
I'm confused

And me.

He is saying Tim Fisher can't mention it as the club isn't for sale so it's irreverent but the trust can keep putting articles in the telegraph about it.

Just don't give him ammo or reason.

NorthernWisdom

Problem is, you've then set an agenda and, tbf, why shouldn't he reply why it's a nopn starter? Conversations can't be just one-way... any more than Fisher shouldn't control a dialogue, nor can the Trust really try and make campaigning statements, and then expect silence in return.

Monners

And round and round it goes. Fisher is playing the SBT Iike a proverbial fiddle. Just ask him key questions on the strategy for the clubs future success. Oh yeah invite to a meeting first.

oldfiver

But I thought he said he had no influence on the sale position?
Apparently, also the Trust did not offer anything to show they could buy - even if for sale - so not much else to discuss there then
I also thought he answered the Academy question - I understood "all parties are in discussions"

Monners

But I thought he said he had no influence on the sale position?
Apparently, also the Trust did not offer anything to show they could buy - even if for sale - so not much else to discuss there then
I also thought he answered the Academy question - I understood "all parties are in discussions"
And there is the kick off point - conversation on the "discussions" He won't give much away but at least it may allow for some valid pressure points. "Sisu sell" is meaningless at the current time, but at least put pressure on with some degree of coherence.

chiefdave

Here's an idea, if they're worried about some pissed up idiot having a pop hold it somewhere that isn't a pub.

Captain Dart

It's strange though, why wouldn't they have Fisher there but get gilbert up and speaking?

It's a bit predictable and can be seen a mile off.

He is trying to sell some copies of his book & maybe simultaneously sniffing out any new stories, wouldn't think there is a lot more to it than that.

dongonzalos

What wasps did to their fans is wrong.
However the fact they had the opportunity to land on our patch is due to our owners.
So far I am dissapointed with our owners actions building up to creating the opportunity for Wasps.
Their reaction to Wasps coming in.
Their lack of a current plan.
Our owners are my focus.

clint van damme

And round and round it goes. Fisher is playing the SBT Iike a proverbial fiddle. Just ask him key questions on the strategy for the clubs future success. Oh yeah invite to a meeting first.
Yep. Or even the clubs future existence!
Ask him how sisu intend taking the club forward, ask him about the clubs business plan. If he starts spouting about joint academy and first team training facilities and new stadiums it shouldn't be too difficult to trip him up.

dongonzalos

So without trying to read pages and pages.
Is this right the trust are having an open meeting with Simon Gilbert.
They want one with Tim Fisher.
He has accepted and they want to meet him privately first to discuss security but he has refused to do this?

NorthernWisdom

He has accepted and they want to meet him privately first to discuss security but he has refused to do this?

Almost right. Don't think the trust have offered a public meeting until he has the private meeting, so we're at willy waving stage.

Another day in CCFCland...

Nick

Administrator
No, Fisher wants one with them from what cj has said. They want to screen him first to see if they are happy with what he has to say.

clint van damme

No, Fisher wants one with them from what cj has said. They want to screen him first to see if they are happy with what he has to say.
is that correct? I thought they just wanted to discuss the forum wit regard to it's smooth running which I think would be sensible, it only takes one idiot to derail the whole thing.

Nick

Administrator
Mmm. A bit mischievous Nick. That last bit isn't true is it. Clickbater!
Didn't cj say they had to see if what he said was satisfactory and other issues resolved? I'll go back and double check.

Sorry if I've misread

Last edited:

Ian1779

Nick, Wasps are in a position to deny Coventry City access to a stadium that was built for them. That is cruel irony, that Wasps feel that may want to go down that route is due to the actions of the our owners and their representatives.

Wasps are able to deny CCFC access to their stadium... Because they can. So if SISU go tomorrow and Wasps want £5m a year... Do we have to suck it up because it's cruel irony?

You seem to be in awe of the Wasps approach... So I guess you'll be the first person buying a season ticket when we get moved out of Coventry because 'it's right for the club commercially'

chiefdave

Not really when you have Fisher offering.
There are things we need to consider before deciding either way. It's pretty obvious what they are.
No he's asked for one. We've asked to meet him first for a short meeting to discuss the finer details.
If what we hear at that private meeting is satisfactory and the issue I stated above is resolved then I don't have a problem with it

Monners

Didn't cj say they had to see if what he said was satisfactory and other issues resolved? I'll go back and double check.

Sorry if I've misread
Dunno mate in all fairness. Looks like Dave has so could be right (eyesight doesn't allow for small text!). Soz if I jumped in a bit. PUSB a all that

olderskyblue

Here's an idea, if they're worried about some pissed up idiot having a pop hold it somewhere that isn't a pub.

That's a good idea, because obviously there is no way they could get a drink before the meeting is there? but what about the idiot's that don't need a drink to get ultra aggressive?

I just think it's sensible to at least consider this in advance.

Nick

Administrator
That's a good idea, because obviously there is no way they could get a drink before the meeting is there? but what about the idiot's that don't need a drink to get ultra aggressive?

I just think it's sensible to at least consider this in advance.
Then if the worry is that if they kick off and he can use that against the trust, surely turning him down based on that being a worry is just as bad?

"The trust can't even meet me on in case I get attacked"

It's just giving him ammo isn't it.

That's not me saying i think a trust member would attack him, I don't personally think anything would happen.

Plus if he is going to walk into a trust meeting on his own with 200 people there and start mugging them off he must have some balls or a disorder.

Last edited:

Grendel

If the trust are so concerned about about fisher and his safety at one of their meetings then they need to have address that. It's their failing.

One suspects actually it's nothing to do with that. Fisher I often see wandering around the concourse at the ground. He doesn't make any attempt to hide away.

I suspect they know they can't really handle him. As OSB says he's anything but Dim Tim. He is a pretty clever speaker in these sort of situations and can spin for all its worth.

If we can't have him at meetings like this but have, in the past, had a certain Nick Eastwood at the meetings I'm not sure what that says really.

As for Gilbert - a council stooge who has engaged on some very unsavoury discussions on social media - why on earth would anyone want to listen to him.

Perhaps the trust should have an ex players section and invite Reda Johnson and see if the Canley One actually shows up at all.

Nick

Administrator
If the trust are so concerned about about fisher and his safety at one of their meetings then they need to have address that. It's their failing.

One suspects actually it's nothing to do with that. Fisher I often see wandering around the concourse at the ground. He doesn't make any attempt to hide away.

I suspect they know they can't really handle him. As OSB says he's anything but Dim Tim. He is a pretty clever speaker in these sort of situations and can spin for all its worth.

If we can't have him at meetings like this but have, in the past, had a certain Nick Eastwood at the meetings I'm not sure what that says really.

As for Gilbert - a council stooge who has engaged on some very unsavoury discussions on social media - why on earth would anyone want to listen to him.

Perhaps the trust should have an ex players section and invite Reda Johnson and see if the Canley One actually shows up at all.

They might need to phone Nick Eastwood for him to suggest a good cleaner who can keep secrets with all that shit flying about ;)

clint van damme

Then if the worry is that if they kick off and he can use that against the trust, surely turning him down based on that being a worry is just as bad?

"The trust can't even meet me on in case I get attacked"

It's just giving him ammo isn't it.

That's not me saying i think a trust member would attack him, I don't personally think anything would happen.

Plus if he is going to walk into a trust meeting on his own with 200 people there and start mugging them off he must have some balls or a disorder.

but they're not turning him down as such, they just want a pre forum meeting to make sure their aren't any issues.
People are quick to try and criticise supporters groups when they do stuff that is amateur or ill thought out so the trust should be commended for putting a bit of fore though in and trying to ensure there aren't any incidents.

Users who are viewing this thread