Sky Blue Tavern (1 Viewer)

hill83

Then you have to try to find your car after, which is a nightmare when you're 8 pints down the road... I couldn't find it, and my car was the only one left there!

B4pNqOQIEAAbxR3.jpg

EalingSB

Called into the Tavern yesterday afternoon - thought it was a brilliant addition and a cracking place to watch sport. Going to go for a few beers after the match today hopefully. Can’t believe the complaints about the beer prices etc. If people invest in projects like this, let’s get behind them.

robbiekeane

I don't feel it's value for money with forced prices on having to take the package on drinks.

As I said earlier take the drink part out and it's decent value just for a return bus.

Perhaps I'm spoilt from using the Sky Blue Express bus via Christ the King club at only £3.50 return and I choose whether to have a drink or not?
Well then fuck off and don’t go. Don’t go online slagging the place off and calling it a rip off. It’s not a charity is it there’s got to be margin built in.

Some people just whinge about anything don’t they. i can’t wait to try the tavern

Grendel

Well then fuck off and don’t go. Don’t go online slagging the place off and calling it a rip off. It’s not a charity is it there’s got to be margin built in.

Some people just whinge about anything don’t they. i can’t wait to try the tavern

Why are you being so angry about nothing

wingy

I get your point but some people's budgets do not run on an endless tap.
Having said that it would be massively over subscribed if it was set at bargain rates, I mean the lad could be shelling £500-600 a year off nominal salary of £20 something k if he's a family man.

robbiekeane

I get your point but some people's budgets do not run on an endless tap.
Having said that it would be massively over subscribed if it was set at bargain rates, I mean the lad could be shelling £500-600 a year off nominal salary of £20 something k if he's a family man.
Totally get that and thats fine - but then go elsewhere don’t need to call it ripping people off or forcing prices on people.

EalingSB

I called into the Tavern yesterday (see earlier post) and wanted to try it out today. It was one of the best post-match experiences I’ve had in nearly 40 years watching Cov. Everyone in there was having the best time on the back of a brilliant win, the music was Britpop, 80s classics etc and everyone was joining in - even had a few up dancing. What more do people want? You have a place decked out in CCFC memorabilia and fans having a great time. Absolutely loved it. Now in a shitty Travelodge close to Heathrow before flying home tomorrow and I know where I’d rather be!

vow

I'll send a carrier pigeon or perhaps even a strong worded letter to the Tavern next time instead of online, shall I?

It's my opinion written on a city Forum, you angry melt.

SkyBlueSoul

Does anyone know what time the return shuttles are coming back from CBS on Saturday?

ccfctommy

Went there last night with a friend. It looks brilliant but we were the only two in there.

Someone on twitter just posted that he was the only on in there. A shame really as I thought it looked brilliant and the perfect place to watch football.

SlowerThanPlatt

People already have their locals if they want to go out and watch the football, it’s not going to attract any non CCFC fan either.

hill83

People already have their locals if they want to go out and watch the football, it’s not going to attract any non CCFC fan either.

Basically this. I live 10 minutes walk away and I've been there once. Even match days my local does a coach.

They are putting a lot of stuff on though, open mic nights and cheaper drinks etc. Can't comment on how busy it's been.

pusbccfc

It's a shame if we lose it because it's a great place to go.

Going tomorrow and have been on the coach too. Great staff and set up. I suppose CCFC have and will use it as a base for supporters events in future. It's the only space the club has.

Marty

I go through town in the evening fairly regularly, and the place is dead, even the likes of Creams and Heavenly Desserts are empty most of the time. The 4 p's had about 4 people in on Thursday night. Was about 50% down on pre covid numbers at the weekend too. Even the City Arms has been dead the past few times I've been. Not sure if people are just being a bit more cautious or found other things to do in the evenings/weekends.

pusbccfc

I go through town in the evening fairly regularly, and the place is dead, even the likes of Creams and Heavenly Desserts are empty most of the time. The 4 p's had about 4 people in on Thursday night. Was about 50% down on pre covid numbers at the weekend too. Even the City Arms has been dead the past few times I've been. Not sure if people are just being a bit more cautious or found other things to do in the evenings/weekends.

People have got used to staying in and fewer people are drinking these days.

Liquid Gold

Went in there for the first time on Tuesday. The place looks excellent but it was completely dead.

I don’t know how long it’ll last but if it does go I hope they get all the stuff from there up to the brewery at the arena

JAM See

Spon gate is livelier than ever. Colly bit quiet
This.

I often pop into the Spon Gate or The Flying Standard to avail of their 99p unlimited tea/coffee offer if I'm in town. Both places are always really busy with boozers as well as people just passing an hour or so. Unlimited hot drinks for 99p.

I'm not a fan of Tim Martin, but if I've got an hour to kill, I'd rather spend a quid for three coffees and read my book than go to an artisan coffee shop.

And if I was a jakey, £2.29 for a pint of cooking lager at 11.00AM is basically BOGOF compared to most places in town.

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Me personally it’s the cost of going out that has shot up since Covid that has reduced me going out. The cost of fuel, energy, food shops, drinking & eating out has all increased and my salary hasn’t. It’s virtually always £4-£5 pint now and £15+ for a main course if you’re eating out.

The worrying thing is, that’s with the VAT being down to 5% on hospitality. If prices increase on going out by 15% in the New Year when VAT returns to 20%, I’ll be able to go out even less.

samccov1987

As others have said it’s just in the wrong place. Would have made more sense to turn the brewery bar at the stadium into the new tavern. Especially as they already have a bar in the spire in town.

Shame as the place looks great

pusbccfc

As others have said it’s just in the wrong place. Would have made more sense to turn the brewery bar at the stadium into the new tavern. Especially as they already have a bar in the spire in town.

Shame as the place looks great

Would this actually work though? The Brewery is rammed on Saturday, but it must be even emptier than than Tavern for 13 days after.

clint van damme

Would this actually work though? The Brewery is rammed on Saturday, but it must be even emptier than than Tavern for 13 days after.

Is it actually empty on non match days?
I've been in on the way home from away days and there's a good crowd in and i've been in on a Sunday afternoon and a Monday afternoon and there was a few in both times.

harvey098

They’ve asked me to host some comedy nights there. We have done a few new material nights which to be honest haven’t been brilliantly attended but they are doing their first pro night and we’ve got some genuinely brilliant pro comedians. The night is 18th November. They’re just doing the poster and hopefully they will really advertise it and fill the room. I think the football club have said they will push it too which is nice.

Anyone interested, I think you can get tickets already here: Sky Blue Tavern Comedy Night

would mean a lot to have some support.

lineup includes:
Paddy Lennox - hilarious Irish comedian and circuit headliner.

Joe Rowntree - as seen on BBC, ITV, Sky 1 and Dave

and Lovdev Barpaga - a really feel good and quite silly one-liner comedian.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread