Sky Blue Tavern (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Is the game on in there tonight?

JAM See

Is the game on in there tonight?
What an excellent question. Never thought of that.

I've got my iFollow pass for the game tonight, but watching it in a pub with like-minded fans certainly appeals.

Brylowes

Neither iFollow nor red button games are approved for commercial screening AFAIK.
That’s a definite, any pubs, clubs etc taking the risk to screen such games would be extremely foolish to advertise/ publicise it on social media.

shmmeee

I know ifollow is a no, no but I thought Sky Red Button games were fine for pubs to show providing they have legitimate commercial SkySports?

Red button was removed in the last deal with the EFL for commercial properties I believe. Clubs didn’t want it as they thought it would harm attendances.

I think @Brylowes is a landlord isn’t he so he’d know for sure.

pusbccfc

£15 is awful. Two pints and a return isn't worth that.

Other pubs do cheaper deals. Sky Blue Express for example in Coundon does it for about £4.

Reactions: vow

lord_garrincha

I noticed on their twitter account they've been dropping stuff like.

Man U v Someone 12.30
Millwall v Coventry 3.00
Burnley v Who Cares 5.30

Then the tweet gets deleted.

Looks like they are doing a bit of 'idiot fishing' there... Most people know what pubs show the games on a need to know basis, and it certainly won't be them.

vow

Other pubs do cheaper deals. Sky Blue Express for example in Coundon does it for about £4.
£3.50 adults
£2.50 concessions
Return tickets

gary_ccfcforever

Just looking at options for Saturday and noticed the shuttle bus from the Tavern has gone up to £15, anyone got any idea why? Doesn't look like it's suddenly become a return shuttle
Guys it is now a return with a beer at the brewery on arrival and also a beer back at the tavern upon your return.

Sorry it wasnt clear at the time but the description has now been updated.

To confirm for the £15 it is now a return and includes 2 pints

robbiekeane

Even then though, it's still £7 return. If there were a few of you, which I'd imagine there would be if you're going to the pub before the game, it adds up to stupid money.
I mean surely you can make that argument about any bus or coach or even train journey. "Yeh if there were a few of you though it'd be cheaper to..."

It's the convenience, it's the fact you're at the ccfc themed pub beforehand and after etc. Don't think it's bad at all, even if there are cheaper options

SkyBlueSoul

Guys it is now a return with a beer at the brewery on arrival and also a beer back at the tavern upon your return.

Sorry it wasnt clear at the time but the description has now been updated.

To confirm for the £15 it is now a return and includes 2 pints
Cheers Gary, I know there was talk of it if things went well the first few games so happy with that. Decent price too (y)

Sky Blue Pete

Manager spoke to supporters forum saying they make no profit from the actual travel but the company may do. They obviously want to maximise the amount of fans coming to the tavern and they do make profits on drink and food

Reactions: vow

Evo1883

I think I know why we have an unusually high amount of pound shops in our city now 😆

SBAndy

Pint = £5. So you’re slagging off a return journey for a fiver. I think that’s plenty reasonable.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Manager spoke to supporters forum saying they make no profit from the actual travel but the company may do. They obviously want to maximise the amount of fans coming to the tavern and they do make profits on drink and food

Maybe they could look at alternative travel or bus companies (don’t the club use one for away travel?) if a lot of people are put off by the price. The SBT are clearly trying to tweak and improve their product early doors, which I commend.

I personally think £15 return including two pints is sound value considering that it’s £15 to park in the club’s official car park and £10-12 in an Uber on a Saturday from Earlsdon to the Ricoh - one way.

hill83

It’s good value if I’m going up on my own. But £45 for 3 of us or maybe £23 ish return in an Uber?

Edit: The pints make it worth it actually now I’ve worked that into the cost. If I take my son can I have his pints?

hill83

I noticed they’ve put signs on the railings outside now advertising that they show sport etc.

gary_ccfcforever

Maybe they could look at alternative travel or bus companies (don’t the club use one for away travel?) if a lot of people are put off by the price. The SBT are clearly trying to tweak and improve their product early doors, which I commend.

I personally think £15 return including two pints is sound value considering that it’s £15 to park in the club’s official car park and £10-12 in an Uber on a Saturday from Earlsdon to the Ricoh - one way.
We have and continue to look at all options for both the home shuttle and away days

Some things have worked, others not so great, it's a new service which was always going to have some teething issues.

gary_ccfcforever

It’s good value if I’m going up on my own. But £45 for 3 of us or maybe £23 ish return in an Uber?

Edit: The pints make it worth it actually now I’ve worked that into the cost. If I take my son can I have his pints?
If you have paid for 2 return journeys, I see no reason why you can't have the 4 pints. Just make sure you buy your son a soft drink or two 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread