Sky Blue Tavern (2 Viewers)

vow

Pint = £5. So you’re slagging off a return journey for a fiver. I think that’s plenty reasonable.
Just charge people £5 return on the bus and let them choose if they want a drink or not?

usskyblue

It’s good value if I’m going up on my own. But £45 for 3 of us or maybe £23 ish return in an Uber?

Edit: The pints make it worth it actually now I’ve worked that into the cost. If I take my son can I have his pints?

Yeah but you didn’t factor in Grendel owing you a dozen kegs m8

usskyblue

...and the point of the whole thing?

To rip off sky blue fans...as £5 a pint is too much in the first place.

1633107539658.jpeg

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: vow

gary_ccfcforever

...and the point of the whole thing?

To rip off sky blue fans...as £5 a pint is too much in the first place.
How is it a rip off? That's the going rate anywhere in a city centre location and by a football ground pretty much up and down the country for a pint these days. Plus the tavern and brewery fan villages are a joint venture between the brewery and the football club so you are helping the football club you love by drinking at those locations.

It's £15 return including two pints. It's £12 to park at the ground alone.

If you don't like it, you don't need to use it but the point of it is to get people drinking both in the tavern and also at the brewery pre and post game. There are fixed costs involved in respect of the bus and driver themselves so there is a limit as to how low the price can be set

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We have and continue to look at all options for both the home shuttle and away days

Some things have worked, others not so great, it's a new service which was always going to have some teething issues.

100% - starting any new venture is going to have teething issues and FairPlay for tweaking and adapting as you go. I’m glad we finally have an official presence in the city centre and am fully behind it.

Sky Blue Pete

How is it a rip off? That's the going rate anywhere in a city centre location and by a football ground pretty much up and down the country for a pint these days. Plus the tavern and brewery fan villages are a joint venture between the brewery and the football club so you are helping the football club you love by drinking at those locations.

If you don't like it, you don't need to use it but the point of it is to get people drinking both in the tavern and also at the brewery pre and post game. There are fixed costs involved in respect of the bus and driver themselves so there is a limit as to how low the price can be set
I understand the principle it’s not what was said at the forum but that’s ok the place is awesome and I want every success for it as it’s just utterly briliant

vow

I don't feel it's value for money with forced prices on having to take the package on drinks.

As I said earlier take the drink part out and it's decent value just for a return bus.

Perhaps I'm spoilt from using the Sky Blue Express bus via Christ the King club at only £3.50 return and I choose whether to have a drink or not?

gary_ccfcforever

If you thin
I understand the principle it’s not what was said at the forum but that’s ok the place is awesome and I want every success for it as it’s just utterly briliant
It wasn't in response to you Pete. Vox seems to think charging £5 a pint which it isn't anyway it's £15 including 2 pints and return travel is ripping the fans off and I don't quite understand how you get to that.

SBAndy

I don't feel it's value for money with forced prices on having to take the package on drinks.

As I said earlier take the drink part out and it's decent value just for a return bus.

Perhaps I'm spoilt from using the Sky Blue Express bus via Christ the King club at only £3.50 return and I choose whether to have a drink or not?

Get the bus then. That’s literally not the point of this service. It was mad they didn’t start as a shuttle service given they have locations at both ends. They want fans spending money in their pubs, and are running a bit of a ‘loss leader’ to enable that.

wingy

Hi Gary, not getting in deep with this but it's the argument British rail et Al use when saying it's cheaper doing a hundred mile trip with them over running a car and doing it but isn't really and ignores economies of scale.
Any how good luck and I hope your doing well.👍

Grendel

I think the only point people are making is it’s only value if you have two pints and are on your own. Otherwise it isn’t

Grendel

SBAndy

I think the only point people are making is it’s only value if you have two pints and are on your own. Otherwise it isn’t

And there’s your target market. Probably groups of 2-3 at a maximum, where you’re looking essentially at £15 return bus journey plus a few beers on top.

JAM See

Then you have to try to find your car after, which is a nightmare when you're 8 pints down the road... I couldn't find it, and my car was the only one left there!
I need to take my car. I'm normally too pissed to walk.

Users who are viewing this thread