SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (3 Viewers)

stupot07

But that wasn't so simple, Nick. Lots of people, myself included, said it wouldn't happen because of all the obstacles.

People can of course come to the conclusion that it is screwing Sisu over, but I don't think it was as simple as that.

The opposition to 25,000 at the Butts would have been absolutely huge.

A lot of factors involved that can't just be concluded as CCC screwing Sisu over.
That's a planning issue, why did the council try and insert a clause to prevent us from having it as an option?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
But that wasn't so simple, Nick. Lots of people, myself included, said it wouldn't happen because of all the obstacles.

People can of course come to the conclusion that it is screwing Sisu over, but I don't think it was as simple as that.

The opposition to 25,000 at the Butts would have been absolutely huge.

A lot of factors involved that can't just be concluded as CCC screwing Sisu over.

So because it wasn't so simple you turn a blind eye to the council trying their best to block it?

Otis

SO this is what happens then, Wasps force CCFC out of the ricoh, Council try their best to make it difficult to move somewhere (use butts as an example) so it means going outside of Coventry. You get angry at SISU?
Hang on there, sunshine! We were talking about moving away and building a new stadium long before Wasps!

Nick

Administrator
Hang on there, sunshine! We were talking about moving away and building a new stadium long before Wasps!

I am sure you will still be supporting then if we move out because CCC try and block any sort of new stadium or anything at all within the boundaries? (leaving Wasps out of it for you)

Ryan James

Just as an idea...I do believe Sisu will have been in charge of our club 9 years in December. I think a 'Sisu Out' chant in the 9th minute of each game would be an idea??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Just as an idea...I do believe Sisu will have been in charge of our club 9 years in December. I think a 'Sisu Out' chant in the 9th minute of each game would be an idea??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never saw something like that coming..

It's like remembering pokemon first time round

Otis

So because it wasn't so simple you turn a blind eye to the council trying their best to block it?
If you really think the council 'tried their best' to block it then so be it. But for me that is in the realms of paranoia and fantasy.

Do you really think the council would try their very best to block it because of Sisu?

I find that far fetched beyond belief if so.

Otis

Shame, I knew a councillor very well, but he retired about 5 years ago. Would love to hear what he had to say about it all.

Otis

I am sure you will still be supporting then if we move out because CCC try and block any sort of new stadium or anything at all within the boundaries? (leaving Wasps out of it for you)
Nope.

Told you, we move to another town or city then I will no longer go.

If we are using the franchise argument and the 'foreign renegade' club moving into a different town or city, then surely we cannot accept Coventry City FC moving to Rugby, or Nuneaton, or Leamington.

What about Rugby Town fans and their club? What about Nuneaton fans and their club?

If we moved to Nuneaton you don't think that would hurt the 'Boro?'

Are we quite happy to just move into another town and take over akin to Wasps here? Just muscle in because we are bigger than all the other clubs in the local area?

In some ways that would be worse because Wasps are a rugby club and if we moved to Nuneaton we are in competition with another fellow football club.

Or doesn't it matter if it is Rugby Town or Nuneaton, because they are small? :)

We move to another town it will no longer be Coventry City for me.

Each and every to their own, but that would be me done.

Otis

Would think Nuneaton and Leamington and Rugby and Stratford and the likes, would all dream of being a league club one day.

Any talk of us moving elsewhere mooted on here always only seems to talk in terms of what land is available for us.

Never see any discussion as to how that would impinge on the local club already entrenched there in that location.

We would be just as bad as Wasps in that aspect, to just buy up land and move to another town.

Would be entirely wrong to move to Nuneaton. Wholly and morally wrong.

dongonzalos

How do you suggest taking control of the destiny then? What was it that happened when there was word of doing something with the Butts?

Oh yeah, the council tried to nip it in the bud. Nobody batted an eye lid about it.

The email was wrong completely agree.
However we were building a stadium with a training facility and an academy outside of CCC duristriction. So if it true that the council would screw us over on their patch as that email seems to suggest.
That is irrelevant let's go with plan A (originally) Plsn B now apparently and work on our own nobody else seems to be able to work with us ( however that is their doing not ours)
So we need to go solo.
We have repeatedly stated the plans are in place to do it.
Well Ricoh tasks on hold til legal actin stops.
Academy plans looks like we are frozen out.
Now is the time to March on with Plan A that is now Plan B
First time ever it will get my support
Let's do this ........

Grendel

If you really think the council 'tried their best' to block it then so be it. But for me that is in the realms of paranoia and fantasy.

Do you really think the council would try their very best to block it because of Sisu?

I find that far fetched beyond belief if so.

Why did they insert a non football related clause then?

dongonzalos

Would think Nuneaton and Leamington and Rugby and Stratford and the likes, would all dream of being a league club one day.

Any talk of us moving elsewhere mooted on here always only seems to talk in terms of what land is available for us.

Never see any discussion as to how that would impinge on the local club already entrenched there in that location.

We would be just as bad as Wasps in that aspect, to just buy up land and move to another town.

Would be entirely wrong to move to Nuneaton. Wholly and morally wrong.

To be fair some people who are absolutely disgusted by the actions of wasp's behaviour. Have in the past and currently go and watch the blaze.
However they say that doesn't count as its only stealing from Solihull to Coventry

skybluetony176

Why did they insert a non football related clause then?

At the request of the current lease owner wasn't it to protect the BPA against the developers? Given how this is how they lost their previous ground.

Was also inserted at a time when no one could have guessed what has gone on would go on as well wasn't it?

honestken

need a few hundred of us to attend wasps games and do mass pitch invasions 5 minutes in to every game, 2-300 of us sat on the pitch not moving at every game, different fans at different games etc........

skybluetony176

Ha ha ha. Block any sort of new stadium. Good one Nick.

Who's going to pay for that then Nick? SISU? How are the plans going on that?

You're getting angry about what you think someone will do about something that's never going to happen.

Just to add. In the unlikely scenario that SISU do all of a sudden become property developers as you well know the council can't refuse planning simply because it's CCFC applying. As you also know it's the secretary of state who has the final say not CCC.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Some probably can't, let's not pretend it's like that for everybody though. They could get a season ticket for 35 a month.
But why would they, to watch that shit.
People stop supporting for various reasons and fuck me we have had more reasons then any others.
As for fickle yes we are most will vent their spleens on here but won't get off thier arses.
Fair play to the OK for organising something shame others who Have ideas do nothing butoan.
And by the way I knew nothing of this and do not even know the OP

Otis

Following on from my post, it would be nice to ascertain (in this fantasy game we are playing) where would be okay for us to move to and where wouldn't.

Very clear for me. It is okay to be outside the city boundaries, but it has to be closer to Coventry than any other town and city. So, don't mind it being in the borough of Rugby, but it needs to be closer to Coventry than to Rugby.

After what has happened to us, it would be entirely wrong to have our football club adversely effect a fellow local football club.

So, where is okay? And be careful of any hypocrisy after all the franchise, gnashing of teeth wailing and bemoaning in regard to Wasps. ;)

skybluetony176

Following on from my post, it would be nice to ascertain (in this fantasy game we are playing) where would be okay for us to move to and where wouldn't.

Very clear for me. It is okay to be outside the city boundaries, but it has to be closer to Coventry than any other town and city. So, don't mind it being in the borough of Rugby, but it needs to be closer to Coventry than to Rugby.

After what has happened to us, it would be entirely wrong to have our football club adversely effect a fellow local football club.

So, where is okay? And be careful of any hypocrisy after all the franchise, gnashing of teeth wailing and bemoaning in regard to Wasps. ;)

Hypothetically, because let's face it the notion that SISU are going to build a stadium is pure fantasy land. I don't have a problem with it being the other side of the A46 or A45 for instance, somewhere like Bagington. However if it was on the outskirts of Rugby or Nuneaton, forget it. I'll just go and watch Rugby town more instead.

Otis

Hypothetically, because let's face it the notion that SISU are going to build a stadium is pure fantasy land. I don't have a problem with it being the other side of the A46 or A45 for instance, somewhere like Bagington. However if it was on the outskirts of Rugby or Nuneaton, forget it. I'll just go and watch Rugby town more instead.
Yep. Ditto on that.

Think it would be very hypocritical of us to move in on someone else's turf after all the hoo hah we have created over Wasps coming in here.

We can't do a Wasps and we can't do an MK Dons (like just shipping in our club to Rushton and Diamonds for example).

I know Grendel talked of moving miles away, but I really don't think we have sat down and thought how our moving would negatively effect the area where we move to.

christonabike

There is plenty of room between Coventry and Birmingham on the A45 near Meriden etc. Not in CCCs boundary either. Having said that we are never going to build anything and we all know it. Sisu came for a quick buck, didnt work now they have a football club with no assets and a debt of £40M that they will never recoup. I have a funny feeling that if we did get a new owner CCC and Wasps would come to the table and work with them as its beneficial for all parties.

Nick

Administrator
Ha ha ha. Block any sort of new stadium. Good one Nick.

Who's going to pay for that then Nick? SISU? How are the plans going on that?

You're getting angry about what you think someone will do about something that's never going to happen.

Just to add. In the unlikely scenario that SISU do all of a sudden become property developers as you well know the council can't refuse planning simply because it's CCFC applying. As you also know it's the secretary of state who has the final say not CCC.
I do put massive ifs in to make that clear...

Do you not think ccc would make it as difficult as possible?

As far being moved, yes if we ended up in rushden or Kettering or anything I'd be done. Bermuda park would be fine.

It's hard to say without knowing a place and different people will judge it differently.

skybluetony176

Yep. Ditto on that.

Think it would be very hypocritical of us to move in on someone else's turf after all the hoo hah we have created over Wasps coming in here.

We can't do a Wasps and we can't do an MK Dons (like just shipping in our club to Rushton and Diamonds for example).

I know Grendel talked of moving miles away, but I really don't think we have sat down and thought how our moving would negatively effect the area where we move to.

I wouldn't worry too much about Nene Park. Sure I read somewhere the other month that plans to demolish it and redevelop it into a retail park with a cinema, office block and some housing has been approved.

Otis

Also, wonder what is going to happen if our Ricoh deal just runs out.

Then what? Yeah, okay, ground-share for a while, I get that, but surely the FL will put a timescale of when we need to move back home.

We all know Sisu have no intention of building anything, so what then? Would that force Sisu out?

I have this horrible feeling we will be out of the Ricoh, have to ground-share, but then nothing else will happen and we will just continue to ground-share for many seasons to come, with Sisu saying they are trying to secure a location.

Is this the likely scenario?

This is why I feel we NEED the Ricoh. Even if it is our intention to build a new stadium somewhere eventually, it would be much better to be planning that from a base here in Coventry.

We move 20 miles away, crowds will drop and every season we are away they will drop further and further. The club will start to mean less to the discarded fans and the desire to then build anything anyway will surely lessen.

christonabike

Its obvious CCC have it in for us. Its wrong being a public body but after whats gone on you cant blame them!

stupot07

As far being moved, yes if we ended up in rushden or Kettering or anything I'd be done. Bermuda park would be fine.

It's hard to say without knowing a place and different people will judge it differently.
Yeah bumuda park would be acceptable to me. I can't see there being a new stadium in Coventry (I don't think they will build one anyway) as the council will make things as difficult as possible - they want to force us to stay at the Ricoh and be a cash cow for wasps.

Otis

I think the council would be very happy indeed to have two big successful sporting clubs here in the city.

It is seemingly just Sisu they have a problem with.

skybluetony176

I don't know what CCC would try and do if a genuine, well advised planning application went in and neither do you as it's never going to happen, certainly as long as SISU are here anyway.

It doesn't stop you peddling that they will do X,Y or Z will happen though and it certainly doesn't stop people believing you.

The only fact is that CCC can't refuse on the basis of it's CCFC applying and the final say doesn't lay with CCC it lays with the secretary of state.

Grendel

Yep. Ditto on that.

So with your logic you'd rather a stadium in Southam than near Bedworth?

Otis

Yeah bumuda park would be acceptable to me. I can't see there being a new stadium in Coventry (I don't think they will build one anyway) as the council will make things as difficult as possible - they want to force us to stay at the Ricoh and be a cash cow for wasps.

Bermuda Park is 2.5 miles from Nuneaton town centre and 9.4 miles from Coventry city centre.

Wonder what Nuneaton Town fans would think and if they were opposed would we be opposed too?

Or wouldn't it matter because we are bigger than them? ;)

If there was a majority opposition to the proposal from Nuneaton fans then we surely wouldn't wish to go ahead with the move would we?

On principal.

NorthernWisdom

I think the council would be very happy indeed to have two big successful sporting clubs here in the city.

It is seemingly just Sisu they have a problem with.

The problem with that approach is... what happens if they have a problem with future owners? Football club owners aren't exactly renowned for their ethical, honourable dealings (SISU aside, naturally!).

And also I remain very, very nervous that they seek to re-impose some of the incompetents who've been and gone and failed time and time again in the past. A Joe Elliot led regime change would be an utter disaster IMNSHO. We need complete change, without interference from self-interested parties.

Otis

Why not? CV postcode - nowhere near anyone else?
Pay attention!

;)

I said I would be happy with just outside the city. Southam is not 'just' outside the city.

Where would you be happy with? And what are you feelings on any opposition from locals wherever it may be?

Users who are viewing this thread