SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (1 Viewer)

Otis

The problem with that approach is... what happens if they have a problem with future owners? Football club owners aren't exactly renowned for their ethical, honourable dealings (SISU aside, naturally!).

And also I remain very, very nervous that they seek to re-impose some of the incompetents who've been and gone and failed time and time again in the past. A Joe Elliot led regime change would be an utter disaster IMNSHO. We need complete change, without interference from self-interested parties.
Yep, agree.

As for new owners? I suppose it depends if they are going to try and sue the arse of everyone, council included.

skybluetony176

I've been linking that bloody use for it since we were thinking of moving out in 2013, but no bugger ever pays attention:spiderman:

The sites been empty since Kettering went tits up and abandoned it in 2012 I believe. I think planning has been applied a few times and denied since then but IIRC it was approved this time as the developers are going to invest some money in sport in Northamptonshire as part of the deal. A mate from Northampton linked the story on facebook a couple of months ago so approval is a fairly recent development.

Buster

We all know there's no new stadium . No investment to get us challenging for a chance to get out of this league ,let alone find millions for a new home. Wasps know it ccc know it ,SISU know it . Unfortunately it means years and years of Joy treading water so as not to cost investors more money. Only chance is a Wasps take over. Can't see any other light (dim as it is) on the horizon . We need a stadium ,Ricoh is the only one in town . We missed it playing smart arses

Otis

Just looked and it is 14 miles from Coventry City centre to Southam, so that is a totally ridiculous notion to my eyes.

letsallsingtogether

Protests against Wasps will never get organised. As shown in this thread too many of our fickle fans bowed down to them the second they moved in. I bet if we moved 80 miles away they'd be the first to kick off about it though.
You are correct were were you at all the protests we organised you Mr fickle.
I keep reading this on this forum our fans are fickle for NOT........
By exactly the fans who have done nothing and ridiculed every thing that was organised.

Well I have said it before stop waiting for everyone to organise it go out and do it put it out there You never know who will follow.

stupot07

Bermuda Park is 2.5 miles from Nuneaton town centre and 9.4 miles from Coventry city centre.

Wonder what Nuneaton Town fans would think and if they were opposed would we be opposed too?

Or wouldn't it matter because we are bigger than them? ;)

If there was a majority opposition to the proposal from Nuneaton fans then we surely wouldn't wish to go ahead with the move would we?

On principal.

Its only 4 miles from the ricoh, its not ideal but its not really in nuneaton or bedworth town.

I'm not sure the nuneaton fans would be arsed, its not transplanting a new team in the area (4 miles not 90 miles) and there's a hell of a lot of fans come from nuneaton and bedworth, which like thr rest of Warwickshire very much ccfc catchment area. I think its totally different to mk dons and wasps.

We're going to struggle to find a piece of land outside of Coventry that isn't closer to another town or village.

If there was major objections by nuneaton fans then no, I wouldn't want to go ahead.

Its all irrelevant as we won't be building a new ground anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Pay attention!

;)

I said I would be happy with just outside the city. Southam is not 'just' outside the city.

Where would you be happy with? And what are you feelings on any opposition from locals wherever it may be?

On another thread you said you'd be happy in Balsall Common which is 9 miles from the City.

Otis

Its only 4 miles from the ricoh, its not ideal but its not really in nuneaton or bedworth town.

I'm not sure the nuneaton fans would be arsed, its not transplanting a new team in the area (4 miles not 90 miles) and there's a hell of a lot of fans come from nuneaton and bedworth. I think its totally different to mk dons and wasps.

We're going to struggle to find a piece of land outside of Coventry that isn't closer to another town or village.

If there was major objections by nuneaton fans then no, I wouldn't want to go ahead.

Hmm...start getting into dodgy territory though don't we.

What is okay? 4 miles not 90 miles? 7 miles not 90 miles? 20 miles not 90 miles? When is it too far away and unacceptable? The Ricoh is already right on the edge of Coventry, so I feel I a little unfair to judge it on that criteria.

I don't think we can just assume Nuneaton fans won't be arsed. Think we would need to see how they feel about it.

Grendel

What is okay? 4 miles not 90 miles? 7 miles not 90 miles? 20 miles not 90 miles? When is it too far away and unacceptable? The Ricoh is already right on the edge of Coventry, so I feel I a little unfair to judge it on that criteria.

I don't think we can just assume Nuneaton fans won't be arsed. Think we would need to see how they feel about it.

Did we consult Bedworth when we moved to the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Bermuda Park is 2.5 miles from Nuneaton town centre and 9.4 miles from Coventry city centre.

Wonder what Nuneaton Town fans would think and if they were opposed would we be opposed too?

Or wouldn't it matter because we are bigger than them? ;)

If there was a majority opposition to the proposal from Nuneaton fans then we surely wouldn't wish to go ahead with the move would we?

On principal.

Do you think it would make much difference considering it is 2 minutes from the ricoh?

If anybody was going to support ccfc wouldn't they be going already?

If they have genuine concerns then of course they should be listened to and dealt with!

Nick

Administrator
Pay attention!

;)

I said I would be happy with just outside the city. Southam is not 'just' outside the city.

Where would you be happy with? And what are you feelings on any opposition from locals wherever it may be?
Bermuda is just outside the city..

stupot07

In this hypothetical scenario - was is the answer?

Even if they were to build one (they aren't) in the city is not an option so where do you think would be acceptable?

Re: Bermuda - I agree we would have to see how the nuneaton fans felt about it, but dodgy ground or not you can't compare a 4 mile move from thr Ricoh to a 90 mile move from Wycombe to Coventry

Otis

On another thread you said you'd be happy in Balsall Common which is 9 miles from the City.
I didn't know it was that far.

In that case, probably no then. Would certainly need to think about that one. I always thought Balsall Common was only 4 or so miles away.

It is not an area I know well at all, but as I child I always thought it was an area of Coventry.

Would need to investigate further.

Nick

Administrator

Of course it should be judged on that criteria, as you can see the difference it would actually make.

If it goes a mile down towards leekes into Nuneaton and bedworth what then? You won't go because of bedworth United?

Otis

Did we consult Bedworth when we moved to the Ricoh?
The Ricoh is in Coventry. Only just, but it's just inside our border isn't it.

You drive from the Ricoh and up by Leeks and then it says 'Welcome to Coventry' from the opposite direction.

Grendel

Of course it should be judged on that criteria, as you can see the difference it would actually make.

If it goes a mile down towards leekes into Nuneaton and bedworth what then? You won't go because of bedworth United?

He's indulging in some wumming I think.

Otis

In this hypothetical scenario - was is the answer?

Even if they were to build one (they aren't) in the city is not an option so where do you think would be acceptable?

Re: Bermuda - I agree we would have to see how the nuneaton fans felt about it, but dodgy ground or not you can't compare a 4 mile move from thr Ricoh to a 90 mile move from Wycombe to Coventry

And I'm not. Just saying how far is acceptable and how far isn't?

Grendel

The Ricoh is in Coventry. Only just, but it's just inside our border isn't it.

You drive from the Ricoh and up by Leeks and then it says 'Welcome to Coventry' from the opposite direction.

Oh so Bedworth people wouldn't cross that line - they'd spontaneously combust if the passed the sign?

Sorry but you are talking nonsense. It's 5 minutes from Bedworth and 10 from Nuneaton.

Otis

If Bedworth United were as a majority against it, then I would probably say no. It would need scrutinising in fine detail.

We can't just dismiss clubs because they are a lot smaller than us.

Grendel

Otis

This is all rubbish though anyway. Sisu have NO intention of building a stadium and we all know that.

I really think though if we ever did move, after what has happened to us, we really need to think about how our move would impinge on that local area and what degree of opposition there would be.

I am not convinced at all that Nuneaton fans would be happy for us to move to Bermuda Park.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If Bedworth United were as a majority against it, then I would say no.

We can't just dismiss clubs because they are a lot smaller than us.
Who has said dismiss clubs? Do you really think fans of bedworth (who are hard-core anyway) are going to drop them because ccfc play a mile closer?

Grendel

Who has said dismiss clubs? Do you really think fans of bedworth (who are hard-core anyway) are going to drop them because ccfc play a mile closer?

I know it's ridiculous.

skybluetony176

Probably just as likely as fans of CCFC dropping CCFC for Wasps wouldn't you think? Or even fans of CRFC dropping them for Wasps?

Otis

Oh so Bedworth people wouldn't cross that line - they'd spontaneously combust if the passed the sign?

Sorry but you are talking nonsense. It's 5 minutes from Bedworth and 10 from Nuneaton.
You are completely missing the point as per usual.

Not going to argue with you, life is too short. You will argue until the cows come home and I have better and much nicer things to do today.

Nuneaton is another town and I would not be happy Coventry City being in Nuneaton. You are now just going for the 5 mins and 10 mins as a deflection.

If you want to move to Nuneaton that is fine, I am not judging you on it. If I don't then that is my choice and you should respect that.

If it were Bermuda I would want to know 'Boro' fans were onboard with it.

If it were IN Nuneaton itself, then a no from me.

Nick

Administrator
Probably just as likely as fans of CCFC dropping CCFC for Wasps wouldn't you think? Or even fans of CRFC dropping them for Wasps?

It's not the same is it?

If wasps played a mile down the road, they would get fans anyway. Then moving a mile closer would not make people suddenly support them.

Wasps weren't already playing a mile down the road were they?

Was otis shouting about bedworth rugby club or cov Welsh when wasps moved.

Nick

Administrator
You are completely missing the point as per usual.

Not going to argue with you, life is too short. You will argue until the cows come home and I have better and much nicer things to do today.

Nuneaton is another town and I would not be happy Coventry City being in Nuneaton. You are now just going for the 5 mins and 10 mins as a deflection.

If you want to move to Nuneaton that is fine, I am not judging you on it. If I don't then that is my choice and you should respect that.

If it were Bermuda I would want to know 'Boro' fans were onboard with it.

If it were IN Nuneaton itself, then a no from me.

Yet you won't say a bad word about wasps? Very strange.

I think you are missing the point otis.

It's that strange obsession with the ricoh that some have. If wasps packed ccfcs bags and dumped them at Bermuda you wouldn't support them any more. Would probably still be telling city fans not to say nasty things about wasps as well..

Otis

Ah, more goal post moving . ;)

Who said anything about one mile?

Bermuda Park might well be okay, but we would have to consider any negatives on local sporting clubs and their feelings as a result.

Everyone is now moving the goalposts and talking about 4 minutes and 1 mile. :)

Clear as day to me. We cannot move into another town.

Bermuda Park is a grey area. It is not in the centre of Nuneaton and is reasonably close to the Ricoh.

If this stadium we are never, ever going to build is going to be there then we would have to carefully listen to those the stadium that isn't going to be built would impinge on.

I have never said no to Bermuda Park, but saying we need to be careful and it thought out thoroughly.

Otis

Yet you won't say a bad word about wasps? Very strange.

I think you are missing the point otis.

It's that strange obsession with the ricoh that some have. If wasps packed ccfcs bags and dumped them at Bermuda you wouldn't support them any more. Would probably still be telling city fans not to say nasty things about wasps as well..
I have never said a bad word about Wasps?

You sure about that?

That is bollocks. I have said on numerous occasions that I don't want them here and wish they would bugger of back to wherever.

That's poor of you, Nick. Public record that I have been against Wasps being here. And I have said on a number of occasions that it makes me feel sick to my stomach when I see people wearing Wasps tops around town.

Check back and you will clearly see.

Nick

Administrator
Ah, more goal post moving . ;)

Who said anything about one mile?

Bermuda Park might well be okay, but we would have to consider any negatives on local sporting clubs and their feelings as a result.

Everyone is now moving the goalposts and talking about 4 minutes and 1 mile. :)

Clear as day to me. We cannot move into another town.

Bermuda Park is a grey area. It is not in the centre of Nuneaton and is reasonably close to the Ricoh.

If this stadium we are never, ever going to build is going to be there then we would have to carefully listen to those the stadium that isn't going to be built would impinge on.

I have never said no to Bermuda Park, but saying we need to be careful and it thought out thoroughly.

Who said anything about a mile? Me in the post you replied to saying you would only go if we moved a mile down the road if bedworth were ok?

It was an example of us moving outside of Coventry and damaging other clubs..

It's totally different to wasps, as they weren't playing 4 minutes away for the last 10 years

When wasps moved you were telling everybody how good it was for the city weren't you? Surely Nuneaton would love how good it was for them?

Users who are viewing this thread