SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (2 Viewers)

Otis

Who said anything about a mile? Me in the post you replied to saying you would only go if we moved a mile down the road if bedworth were ok?

It was an example of us moving outside of Coventry and damaging other clubs..

It's totally different to wasps, as they weren't playing 4 minutes away for the last 10 years

When wasps moved you were telling everybody how good it was for the city weren't you? Surely Nuneaton would love how good it was for them?
NIck, you have me confused with someone else.

I have never wanted Wasps here. It honestly makes my stomach turn when I see Wasps shirts and when the Wasps outlet opened in town.

Have always said I don't want them here and I want them gone.

And you do mention 'mile' in your post.

Otis

When they first came I played devil's advocate and asked questions about the legitimacy of their move, but I am not happy about them being here and have always said so and I desperately want them to bugger off.

I will never support them, or go up to watch them. I don't hate them, but I certainly hate them being here. :(

Think you have confused me with another poster on this one.

Otis

Even only two days ago I suggested printing A4 Wasps Out posters and then us all leaving them on our seats at the end of the game.

How is that never saying a bad word against Wasps?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
When they first came I played devil's advocate and asked questions about the legitimacy of their move, but I am not happy about them being here and have always said so and I desperately want them to bugger off.

I will never support them, or go up to watch them. I don't hate them, but I certainly hate them being here. :(

No.I haven't said you do support them or watch them etc. I'll have a look back later and apologies if I'm mistaken but I'm sure you were telling us all how good it was for the city etc?

I mentioned the mile about us moving a mile down the road and how much damage that would do to bedworth United compared to a mile further up.

It's a completely different scenario to a completely new team rocking up, you would probably think fans who support Nuneaton and bedworth would have dropped them for ccfc by now, they are the hard-core type. Us moving a mile closer won't make much difference.

It's ok though, even if it did make a difference we could just blame their owners and not ccfc or the local council for allowing it..

Otis

Maybe I should put a Wasps Out in every post to make it clearer.

Anyway, off to Ryton Pools country park. You want to pop along I would gladly buy you a drink and have a chat about how much I don't want Wasps here.

:)

Nick

Administrator

Anyway, off to Ryton Pools country park. You want to pop along I would gladly buy you a drink and have a chat about how much I don't want Wasps here.

Yes, in your signature.. :)

Have a good one, way too hot for my dogs down there today :(

Nick

Administrator
Even only two days ago I suggested printing A4 Wasps Out posters and then us all leaving them on our seats at the end of the game.

How is that never saying a bad word against Wasps?

I was talking about when they moved :)

skybluetony176

It's not the same is it?

If wasps played a mile down the road, they would get fans anyway. Then moving a mile closer would not make people suddenly support them.

Wasps weren't already playing a mile down the road were they?

Was otis shouting about bedworth rugby club or cov Welsh when wasps moved.

Didn't think it would be. It's the same principle. The only thing that's different is the distance. I'd never considered that distance was a factor in how solid your principles are but there you go, you learn something new everyday. You'll forgive me though if I stick to my principles.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't think it would be. It's the same principle. The only thing that's different is the distance. I'd never considered that distance was a factor in how solid your principles are but there you go, you learn something new everyday. You'll forgive me though if I stick to my principles.

Common sense would be a factor, if the ricoh was where leekes is you would think common sense would come into play wouldn't it?

As I've said all along, a full time move to Hinckley or Northampton somewhere I'd be out.

If we moved to bedworth, Bermuda or baginton because of issues doing it in the city boundaries then I'd still go. I still remember the last discussion where Jan went mental saying if anybody went to Bermuda they were selfish, just after saying how great a wasps game was..

Can you really compare us moving to where leekes is (after 10 years at the ricoh) to wasps moving here?

Nick

Administrator
Just devil's advocate, Nick. Wasn't trying to justify if, just understand it and also what the council were doing.

Never wanted Wasps here and it has been a disaster for Coventry and Coventry City to my mind. :(

Off out!!!
Sorry for the confusion then :)

skybluetony176

Common sense would be a factor, if the ricoh was where leekes is you would think common sense would come into play wouldn't it?

As I've said all along, a full time move to Hinckley or Northampton somewhere I'd be out.

If we moved to bedworth, Bermuda or baginton because of issues doing it in the city boundaries then I'd still go. I still remember the last discussion where Jan went mental saying if anybody went to Bermuda they were selfish, just after saying how great a wasps game was..

Can you really compare us moving to where leekes is (after 10 years at the ricoh) to wasps moving here?

It's common sense to have one set of principles and stick to them. Clearly yours are just more flexible than mine. I won't go to a wasps game for the same principle I wouldn't go to sixfields and the same principle I wouldn't accept CCFC's home being in another town, for the same principle that if CCFC turned up in my home town I'd appose it and switch my entire allegiance to my home town club. It really is that simple. If you waver on this you're a hypocrite IMO.

Nick

Administrator
It's common sense to have one set of principles and stick to them. Clearly yours are just more flexible than mine. I won't go to a wasps game for the same principle I wouldn't go to sixfields and the same principle I wouldn't accept CCFC's home being in another town, for the same principle that if CCFC turned up in my home town I'd appose it and switch my entire allegiance to my home town club. It really is that simple. If you waver on this you're a hypocrite IMO.
Maybe some people see grey rather than just black and white..

Some people may well not go if we played where leekes is, would they have if the ricoh was there originally? I'd bet it would be a lot different. The same if we had a rich thai come in and build us a stadium and take us to the premier league, but it was by coombe abbey or in baginton.

Fair play to you if you stuck to it, I'd never disagree with you if that was what you thought. Although you do realise Baginton which you said earlier would be ok for you is probably further out of Coventry than Leekes is, which is where you are going on about being against? Make your mind up.

skybluetony176

Maybe some people see grey rather than just black and white..

Some people may well not go if we played where leekes is, would they have if the ricoh was there originally? I'd bet it would be a lot different. The same if we had a rich thai come in and build us a stadium and take us to the premier league, but it was by coombe abbey or in baginton.

Fair play to you if you stuck to it, I'd never disagree with you.

The other side of the A45 or A46 would be fine but once you cross the M6 and start heading down the A444 you're getting into grey areas and if you get as far as Bermuda Park you're in Nuneaton pure and simple. That's not a grey area. If you'd be happy to follow SISU there you really shouldn't have a problem with Wasps playing in the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
The other side of the A45 or A46 would be fine but once you cross the M6 and start heading down the A444 you're getting into grey areas and if you get as far as Bermuda Park you're in Nuneaton pure and simple. That's not a grey area. If you'd be happy to follow SISU there you really shouldn't have a problem with Wasps playing in the Ricoh.

Strange, I wouldn't be following SISU there I would be following CCFC there.

I thought your morals didn't depend on distance or common sense? Yet you would go and watch in Baginton which is outside of Coventry also, just not as far....Which depends on distance....That you just said didn't matter? IT seems like by saying Baginton you are using common sense, the same as I was.

You wouldn't go to where leekes is but would baginton? Because it doesn't matter on distance?

Are you really comparing CCFC moving 3 or 4 miles down the road to Wasps? Amazing!

skybluetony176

Strange, I wouldn't be following SISU there I would be following CCFC there.

I thought your morals didn't depend on distance or common sense? Yet you would go and watch in Baginton which is outside of Coventry also, just not as far....Which depends on distance....That you just said didn't matter? IT seems like by saying Baginton you are using common sense, the same as I was.

You wouldn't go to where leekes is but would baginton? Because it doesn't matter on distance?

Are you really comparing CCFC moving 3 or 4 miles down the road to Wasps? Amazing!

In which case people didn't follow the hedge fund that took Wasps to Coventry they follow Wasps. I'm sure equally you don't have an issue with them supporting an out of town team operating from away from their home town.

Bagington is in the borough of Rugby not the town of Rugby and just the other side of the road from the City of Coventry. Bermuda Park is in the town of Nuneaton not the borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth and is most definitely not just the other side of the road from the City of Coventry.

I'd say that you can see the difference I'm sure but with your pick and choose to suit principles we both know that the answer is you don't.

Nick

Administrator
In which case people didn't follow the hedge fund that took Wasps to Coventry they follow Wasps. I'm sure equally you don't have an issue with them supporting an out of town team operating from away from their home town.

Bagington is in the borough of Rugby not the town of Rugby and just the other side of the road from the City of Coventry. Bermuda Park is in the town of Nuneaton not the borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth and is most definitely not just the other side of the road from the City of Coventry.

I'd say that you can see the difference I'm sure but with your pick and choose to suit principles we both know that the answer is you don't.
I was talking about by leekes where it is bedworth. Bermuda park is more bedworth than Nuneaton, Nuneaton is more to the end of the a444 isn't it? Especially as the land talked about before was before you got to the cinema etc.

I have never said people followed a hedge fund with wasps, but I'm sure you can see the difference with wasps and us moving somewhere like bermuda if we couldn't do it within the boundaries.

Then if we take sisu out of it and add the rich thai, like I said fair play to you for sticking to it!

I said from the off it would be down to circumstance and location if we moved forever. If people refuse to go if we go over an invisible line that's up to them isn't it? Fair play if they thought that and stuck to it.

dongonzalos

I don't want them here
However any man and their dog can understand why the council did and why it is good for the city.
It's shit for CCFC and shit for us fans.
They only way someone wouldn't understand that is if their judgement is clouded by their blind hatred of Wasps, because their arrival has screwed CCFC and continues to do so at every corner.

dongonzalos

Lovely place for a walk or a go cart

Nick

Administrator
I don't want them here
However any man and their dog can understand why the council did and why it is good for the city.
It's shit for CCFC and shit for us fans.
They only way someone wouldn't understand that is if their judgement is clouded by their blind hatred of Wasps, because their arrival has screwed CCFC and continues to do so at every corner.
Can you also understand a condition put in to prevent it damaging ccfc? That's what most justified it with "they have a condition, so ccfc and crfc won't be damaged".

skybluetony176

I was talking about by leekes where it is bedworth. Bermuda park is more bedworth than Nuneaton, Nuneaton is more to the end of the a444 isn't it? Especially as the land talked about before was before you got to the cinema etc.

I have never said people followed a hedge fund with wasps, but I'm sure you can see the difference with wasps and us moving somewhere like bermuda if we couldn't do it within the boundaries.

Then if we take sisu out of it and add the rich thai, like I said fair play to you for sticking to it!

I said from the off it would be down to circumstance and location if we moved forever. If people refuse to go if we go over an invisible line that's up to them isn't it? Fair play if they thought that and stuck to it.

So what is the deciding factor of your principles then? You said if it was permanent home in Hinckley or Northampton you'd be out but apparently Nuneaton is OK. For me it's not about leaving the City of Coventry (although across the road is acceptable) and not encroaching on another towns football teams town. With you I'm getting the impression that it's more about if it's still convenient to get to.

dongonzalos

Really if you were a total neutral who doesn't know anything about footy or rugby.
You get told this scenario

Football team and council don't get on
Football team moved to another town and are going to build a football stadium outside of the City.

When this happens a football stadium will be left completely empty

Premiership Rugby team move into the stadium. Currently the football team and the rugby team share the stadium and concerts have started again at the venue and conference and hotel bookings have increased.

The football team are also threatening to build their own academy with the stadium outside the city. The Premiership rugby team bid for the current academy facilities giving it long term security.

Nick

Administrator
So what is the deciding factor of your principles then? You said if it was permanent home in Hinckley or Northampton you'd be out but apparently Nuneaton is OK. For me it's not about leaving the City of Coventry (although across the road is acceptable) and not encroaching on another towns football teams town. With you I'm getting the impression that it's more about if it's still convenient to get to.

It's nothing to do with convenience, I'm not italia.

If we couldn't build in Coventry and the next best place was Bermuda then so be it. If they moved to Hinckley, surely you can see the difference between bermuda, or baginton or by coombe abbey to Hinckley or Northampton?

We are closer at the ricoh to bedworth united than we are to the council house...

That's why I would look at the situation and judge it then, the same I have said for years rather than things like refusing if it is past the m6, or refusing it is over the city boundary.

NorthernWisdom

Really if you were a total neutral who doesn't know anything about footy or rugby.

I still wouldn't.

Identity, space, place and the long term building of depth, heritage, culture and tradition is one of the few things I'm on strong ground over.

Alas, it's the short term thinking that allows the likes of SISU to come in. A more visionary effort would look at everything in context and, doing that, they'd conclude allowing Wasps in is a very stupid idea indeed.

chiefdave

Following on from my post, it would be nice to ascertain (in this fantasy game we are playing) where would be okay for us to move to and where wouldn't.

Very clear for me. It is okay to be outside the city boundaries, but it has to be closer to Coventry than any other town and city. So, don't mind it being in the borough of Rugby, but it needs to be closer to Coventry than to Rugby.

After what has happened to us, it would be entirely wrong to have our football club adversely effect a fellow local football club.

So, where is okay? And be careful of any hypocrisy after all the franchise, gnashing of teeth wailing and bemoaning in regard to Wasps. ;)
My preferences would be Warwick Uni, Ansty Park, or over the old Jag site or even by the Windmill.

rondog1973

Culture infers a respect for history and tradition.

You mean to tell me that the people running this city demonstrate that?

The race to the bottom has been won already by these insipid individuals.
Simply exchange the word 'city' for 'club' in your post and it makes perfect sense.

dongonzalos

I still wouldn't.

Identity, space, place and the long term building of depth, heritage, culture and tradition is one of the few things I'm on strong ground over.

Alas, it's the short term thinking that allows the likes of SISU to come in. A more visionary effort would look at everything in context and, doing that, they'd conclude allowing Wasps in is a very stupid idea indeed.

I like your thinking to be fair
Heritage is very very important especially a city likes ours. It's one of our big strengths

rondog1973

Why would that make somebody a moron?
Because they are prepared to derail something that could boost investment, tourism and putting a beleaguered cities name on the map over their disdain for a dropped in rugby club despite there being a bigger enemy to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread