SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Because they are prepared to derail something that could boost investment, tourism and putting a beleaguered cities name on the map over their disdain for a dropped in rugby club despite there being a bigger enemy to deal with.

One could argue that the headline sponsor for the bid being a club that is the polar opposite of what a city of culture should represent... is what's wrong.

And pointing that out is not the fault of anyone pointing it out, but the people who decided to place such a contradicition in terms at the heart of their bid.

skybluetony176

It's nothing to do with convenience, I'm not italia.

If we couldn't build in Coventry and the next best place was Bermuda then so be it. If they moved to Hinckley, surely you can see the difference between bermuda, or baginton or by coombe abbey to Hinckley or Northampton?

We are closer at the ricoh to bedworth united than we are to the council house...

That's why I would look at the situation and judge it then, the same I have said for years rather than things like refusing if it is past the m6, or refusing it is over the city boundary.

So what's the difference between being in Nuneaton as apposed to being in Hinckley? If it was by the Triumph factory in Hinckley for instance it would be just across the road from the end of long shoot which is Nuneaton and be in Hinckley? It would actually be nearer to Nuneaton, which is apparently acceptable, than Bermuda park is to Coventry. What's the difference?

Nick

Administrator
So what's the difference between being in Nuneaton as apposed to being in Hinckley? If it was by the Triumph factory in Hinckley for instance it would be just across the road from the end of long shoot which is Nuneaton and be in Hinckley? It would actually be nearer to Nuneaton, which is apparently acceptable, than Bermuda park is to Coventry. What's the difference?
Have you looked on a map? So it's Bermuda which is the Coventry side of Nuneaton and probably not even Nuneaton anyway. Still next to the m6, same junction and everything but 5 minutes the other way.

Surely the difference is self explanatory? The same as saying baginton is ok, but not somewhere the other side of the county. In fact, Hinckley is even an le postcode.

Surely you can see the difference? The same as it would be if it's pretty much atherstone or mancetter sides of Nuneaton?

skybluetony176

Have you looked on a map? So it's Bermuda which is the Coventry side of Nuneaton and probably not even Nuneaton anyway. Still next to the m6, same junction and everything but 5 minutes the other way.

Surely the difference is self explanatory? The same as saying baginton is ok, but not somewhere the other side of the county. In fact, Hinckley is even an le postcode.

Surely you can see the difference? The same as it would be if it's pretty much atherstone or mancetter sides of Nuneaton?

Yes, I can see the difference. One is more convenient to get to than the other. I was right then. Nuneaton is OK but the town that borders it isn't. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nick

Administrator
Because the town it borders is on the opposite side?

It is nothing to do with convenience for me personally. If I really wanted to I would drive to Hinckley if it was a temporary thing but wouldn't if we moved for good. So personal convenience doesn't come into it.

In fact, it would probably be less convenient for me if it was in somewhere like Baginton than it would be Hinckley.

map.gif

You have said it is ok in Baginton, using your logic it would be ok to have the ground in Leamington Spa?

skybluetony176

Because the town it borders is on the opposite side?

It is nothing to do with convenience for me personally. If I really wanted to I would drive to Hinckley if it was a temporary thing but wouldn't if we moved for good. So personal convenience doesn't come into it.

In fact, it would probably be less convenient for me if it was in somewhere like Baginton than it would be Hinckley.

View attachment 5488

You have said it is ok in Baginton, using your logic it would be ok to have the ground in Leamington Spa?

Bagington is across the road from the City boarders and actually falls in the borough of Rugby not Leamington and Warwick. Bermuda park isn't across the road from the city boarders by any stretch of the imagination and is Nuneaton town not Nuneaton borough.

Nick

Administrator
Baginton is Warwick. The same district as Leamington Spa

The site that was talked about as "bermuda" was actually Bedworth, not Nuneaton Town.

You said earlier distance wasn't a factor. I agree that Baginton would be fine for me also but I am the one saying I'd use common sense ;) The same as if it was coombe abbey.

Surely, to anybody with eyes they can see why I would think that the site just down the A444 would be acceptable and not something in the middle of Hinckley?

I said I would use common sense and judgement once somewhere was named, that isn't just the location that is the situation at the time etc. I wouldn't put it down to an invisible line or demand that it is the Ricoh or nothing.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Baginton is Warwick.

The site that was talked about as "bermuda" was actually Bedworth, not Nuneaton Town.

You said earlier distance wasn't a factor. I agree that Baginton would be fine for me also but I am the one saying I'd use common sense ;) The same as if it was coombe abbey.

Surely, to anybody with eyes they can see why I would think that the site just down the A444 would be acceptable and not something in the middle of Hinckley?

I said I would use common sense and judgement once somewhere was named, that isn't just the location that is the situation at the time etc. I wouldn't put it down to an invisible line or demand that it is the Ricoh or nothing.

So if it was in the same town as Bermuda park and a CV postcode that would be alright then?

Nick

Administrator
So if it was in the same town as Bermuda park and a CV postcode that would be alright then?

Are you really saying that? If Hinckley was in the same place as that site at Bermuda / Bedworth then to me yes it would be ok. The same as it would be if Hull or Newcastle were there.

Again, that site at Bermuda was more Bedworth than Nuneaton so to compare it to Hinckley is stupid.

I am not the one saying I would judge it by invisible lines, I am saying I would use common sense and see what the situation was.

You were comparing us moving to where Leekes is to Wasps moving up here. Otis was saying us moving where Leekes is would damage Bedworth United.

Do the people of Bedworth really think that they won't go and watch CCFC because it is a few hundred yards over an invisible line and when it moves inside they will drop everything and go and watch? It is just city fans that are so fucking stupid, it is almost as if people don't understand that people support Nuneaton and Bedworth anyway and if they were going to drop them for CCFC (or even Villa or Leicester) they would have by now.It is not as if they are in North Korea and don't know who CCFC are and aren't allowed to cross a line to watch.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Is being a fan-owned club a problem?

It would depend I guess. People don't want the club to be self sufficient and they demand investment, could a fan owned CCFC do that?

Would have to really see what the situation was? Yes it would be much better in terms of transparency and passion for the club, PR and customer service but at the end of the day how much difference would it be with the stadium situation, academy situation, lack of revenue options?

I'd love nothing more than a billionaire to come in and say they have supported CCFC for life and want to invest and take the club forward. I can't see how viable it would be without some big backers but I'd be happy to see it and proven wrong!

Otis

Baginton is Warwick. The same district as Leamington Spa

Well that is where I am, Nick, applying common sense, despite Grendel's 'ridiculous' taunts.

I am not one of these 'it must be in the city and not an inch inside,' and talking postcodes is irrelevant too to my mind. Stratford has a Coventry postcode.

I would just apply common sense. Just outside the boundaries would be fine for me, but when you are talking 9 or 10 miles and in someone else's town, then I have a problem. There is no exact mileage or driving distance, I will use common sense thinking and my conscience in terms of being on someone else's patch.

It's not going to get built though is it! We all in our heart of hearts know that.

Having been 'kicked' out of the academy, with nowhere else to go, we cannot afford to then be kicked out of the Ricoh too.

Of course if Wasps play hardball and make it impossible for us to stay then that's a different matter and totally out of our hands.

I think Sisu now need to drop the 'we're going to build a new stadium' stuff completely. They have tempered it a lot more of late I've noticed, but it still gets brought out on occasion.

We need to be saying we want to stay in Coventry, we want to play at the Ricoh and focus on that.

And before Grendel gets on his high horse again (we've been here before on this one), I am talking in terms of the stance that Sisu have no intention of building anything at all.

If they are not ever going to build a stadium (already feels like forever since they said they would) then it is ground-share or the Ricoh and that's it.

By next season, if we are still where we are, in an impasse, then I think we are all going to be very, very concerned indeed.

ccfcway

Would have to really see what the situation was? Yes it would be much better in terms of transparency and passion for the club, PR and customer service but at the end of the day how much difference would it be with the stadium situation, academy situation, lack of revenue options?

Lets put it anyone way, would it be any worse ?

A decent fan owned board could ensure we are cost neutral.

Who knows, some doors MAY open and many would feel like they had their club back.

stupot07

Well that is where I am, Nick, applying common sense, despite Grendel's 'ridiculous' taunts.

I am not one of these 'it must be in the city and not an inch inside,' and talking postcodes is irrelevant too to my mind. Stratford has a Coventry postcode.

I would just apply common sense. Just outside the boundaries would be fine for me, but when you are talking 9 or 10 miles and in someone else's town, then I have a problem. There is no exact mileage or driving distance, I will use common sense thinking and my conscience in terms of being on someone else's patch.

It's not going to get built though is it! We all in our heart of hearts know that.

Having been 'kicked' out of the academy, with nowhere else to go, we cannot afford to then be kicked out of the Ricoh too.

Of course if Wasps play hardball and make it impossible for us to stay then that's a different matter and totally out of our hands.

I think Sisu now need to drop the 'we're going to build a new stadium' stuff completely. They have tempered it a lot more of late I've noticed, but it still gets brought out on occasion.

We need to be saying we want to stay in Coventry, we want to play at the Ricoh and focus on that.

And before Grendel gets on his high horse again (we've been here before on this one), I am talking in terms of the stance that Sisu have no intention of building anything at all.

If they are not ever going to build a stadium (already feels like forever since they said they would) then it is ground-share or the Ricoh and that's it.

By next season, if we are still where we are, in an impasse, then I think we are all going to be very, very concerned indeed.
Its alright saying "yes, we want to be at the Ricoh long term", but that doesn't mean wasps will want us there or that wasps will give us an acceptable deal. I know that we're not going to build a stadium, but surely until you know the costs and what you can access at the Ricoh, you can't make a decision on whether staying at the Ricoh or building a new stadium is tbr best option. What if wasos turn around and say " okay, you can stay but only if we go back to the original £1.2m pa rental deal?" And even if that is a bit far fetched, what's the cut off in league one for example ? £300k pa? £500k pa? £700k pa? £900k pa?

We have no choice but to stay at the Ricoh for the next 10 years but we're competely at wasps mercy, I dont think sisu turning around and saying Ricoh long term is going to soften wasps negotiation tactics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Its alright saying "yes, we want to be at the Ricoh long term", but that doesn't mean wasps will want us there or that wasps will give us an acceptable deal. I know that we're not going to build a stadium, but surely until you know the costs and what you can access at the Ricoh, you can't make a decision on whether staying at the Ricoh or building a new stadium is tbr best option. What if wasos turn around and say " okay, you can stay but only if we go back to the original £1.2m pa rental deal?" And even if that is a bit far fetched, what's the cut off in league one for example ? £300k pa? £500k pa? £700k pa? £900k pa?

We have no choice but to stay at the Ricoh for the next 10 years but we're competely at wasps mercy, I dont think sisu turning around and saying Ricoh long term is going to soften wasps negotiation tactics.

Didn't say long term, Stu. Just we need to be there now while our owners have zero intention of building a new stadium.

stupot07

Didn't say long term, Stu. Just we need to be there now while our owners have zero intention of building a new stadium.
I think that is quite evident, we're stuck at the Ricoh for the next 5-10 years minimum regardless. And I'm sure that was discussed in the conversations Anderson was having with Armstrong before the 'noise' got too much.

Otis

I think that is quite evident, we're stuck at the Ricoh for the next 5-10 years minimum regardless. And I'm sure that was discussed in the conversations Anderson was having with Armstrong before the 'noise' got too much.

If we get the 10 year deal then we still need to plot our future. If it as away from the Ricoh then so be it, but we need to put plans in place.

Grendel

One of the issues is the matter of a break clause I believe......

ccfcway

not convinced we are. Wasps might have alternative views on what the can do with the ground to gain more income for them

Grendel

not convinced we are. Wasps might have alternative views on what the can do with the ground to gain more income for them

Or they ensure we provide plenty of income and have no means of breaking away.................

Grendel

whats the clause ?

One way to ensure income is have a long lease which ties the club in. Say £750,000 a year (as a League One club) for 10 - 15 years and no ability to extract from it

ccfcway

watching the Rugby 7's on BT. A fair few at Ricoh today, not sure how many though.

Much prefer Rugby 7's to normal rugby

EDIT - Wasps have just won the trophy

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

It was buy one get one free to be fair...
You knock bogoff Nick but City should be doing it.
QPR today offered tickets to their large Polish community, City need to put these initiatives into place we need all the support we can muster..
Could work out well for the Club in the long run......

Nick

Administrator
You knock bogoff Nick but City should be doing it.
QPR today offered tickets to their large Polish community, City need to put these initiatives into place we need all the support we can muster..
Could work out well for the Club in the long run......
Maybe, then people been go mad about them trying to fix crowd numbers.

We can't make the money once they are in though.

Did QPR just offer freebies to polish people? How does that go down with paying customers?

Nothing against trying to encourage fans, said it over and over.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe, then people been go mad about them trying to fix crowd numbers.

We can't make the money once they are in though.

Did QPR just offer freebies to polish people? How does that go down with paying customers?

Nothing against trying to encourage fans, said it over and over.
Looking after the local community they serve Nick after racist attacks.
As for fixing gates that is all you moan about every time the Wasps play so you are right on that one.
I for one don't care how we get them in just get them in.

Users who are viewing this thread