SISU OUT PROTEST- CHARLTON AWAY! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Is there a way we can sabotage the bid for city of culture and let them know about it. This would really hurt the council and make the point that they cannot discard the club after 130 years

Nick

Administrator
But as I say, Nick there is absolutely no need to ask such a ridiculous price.

If it is 100,000 now, but if it were offered at 200,000 and we couldn't possibly stay at that price, they could just come up with 200,000, or 190,000, which still means we couldn't do anything other than just limp along.

Besides, wasn't it 400,000 after all the negotiating? Thought we got it down to 400,000 from 1.2m.

Therefore if Wasps offered 200,000 or 250,000 they could quite clearly say this is half of what we were paying before.

Then if it is black and white it looks perfectly acceptable.

It isn't acceptable to us though is it if we can't pay it :)

Look at the free rent offer, that wasn't physically acceptable either as it was while we were in admin.

Otis

It isn't acceptable to us though is it if we can't pay it :)

Look at the free rent offer, that wasn't physically acceptable either as it was while we were in admin.
Be interesting to see how this plays out.

They need to get back round the table at some point otherwise we are truly buggered.

(not that we aren't already buggered anyway)

Nick

Administrator
Be interesting to see how this plays out.

They need to get back round the table at some point otherwise we are truly buggered.

(not that we aren't already buggered anyway)

It is the whole thing isn't it? Everything is linked.

Don't past Compass directors work for wasps now or something like that? Compass in partnership with ACL...

CSF working with Wasps to help them move up here, CSF who own sports centres, one with an academy..

It isn't just the Ricoh is it?

Nick

Administrator
Why? You believe them. You've said it is that rediculous it must be true.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly!

They can say what they want, as long as they add the lines on about ccfc and it gets peddled amongst city fans it doesn't matter what they say.

Add on a "Door is open" and it makes city fans defend them as they are helpful...

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Why? Its worked - people believe them don't they?
Exactly, they can do what they want.

They need to be called out, some people seem to have an issue with ccc , wasps and csf being called out on things.

Csf wrote that letter, said he had been told many times in meetings ccfc want to leave. Nobody at all questions it

Wasps say they have 17 sites, nobody mentions it...

Imagine if it was ccfc?

Between them all they can drive ccfc out of Coventry, the sad thing is nothing would come back on them and ccfc fans would be high fiving it shows sisu up. Meanwhile they kick off at sisu and ccfc....

People get led up the garden path. Then as soon as one starts to stray ( for example tonys wasps boycott thread) they blow their (it was sisu horn) and everybody gets back in line. You can see it, something comes out and people post things a bit angry at wasps, they post a statement and they forget about that and go back to shouting at the club and sisu.

I don't know if it's genius, but it is so easy. We are going to end up having Coventry city fans protesting against a protest against wasps...

Last edited:

Brylowes

How long have SISU been here now 'is it 9 years
So I propose that in the 9th minute of the Charlton game we all say a quiet prayer
To ourselves, that way we can all prey for what we want, and nobody will get
Offended.;)

skyblue1991

About 3 years too late pal, SISU have won the majority over now
Not sure I agree with that but what annoys me is cheap digs at the owners for no reason other than SISU.

I want them gone and I also want Wasps gone and CCC to fuck off.

I think above sums up the majority of people.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It does seem that with some, the worse the job they make of running the club the more
People jump to defend them, and blame everyone else.
Not sure about a majority though.

Because amazingly some are completely blind to what is going on... It is just "it is only down to SISU as they own us" over and over again.

How many people come on here and spout random rants about CSF or CCC that they can't back up? It is very minimal compared to SISU.

Also, why do the anti sisu type threads just die? It is because if somebody says "Fisher is a knob", people just nod and agree. Somebody says something about Wasps and city fans line up to defend them, hence it goes on and on.

People can sit and have their fingers in their ears if people say nasty things about the council or wasps (look at the guy who had a flounce and said he was never posting again because people say things about wasps).

It just seems to me that more and more people are waking up to the fact that as well as SISU, the council, higgs etc are all doing a job.

Otis

Why? You believe them. You've said it is that rediculous it must be true.

No, I haven't said I believe them, stu.

Just saying if it is spin it's pretty rubbish spin.

Unless of course they are happy for everyone to see collusion with the council.

I have never said I believe it. I don't believe it. I just find it puzzling.

To me it just doesn't make sense (for the reasons already given).

They could easily sit back down, talk and offer something unpalatable to Coventry City that appears to the public to not look too bad at all.

They will then appear to have done their best.

Nick

Administrator
No, I haven't said I believe them, stu.

Just saying if it is spin it's pretty rubbish spin.

Unless of course they are happy for everyone to see collusion with the council.

I have never said I believe it.

To me it just doesn't make sense (for the reasons already given).

They could easily sit back down, talk and offer something unpalatable to Coventry City thst appears to the public to not look too bad at all.

They will then appear to have done their best.

But then it would come out to be unpalatable, it would be straight over to the football league for starters.

The thing is, if it is unpalatable what happens then if they HAVE to move outside coventry because of that? Would you still support them?

Brylowes

But
Because amazingly some are completely blind to what is going on... It is just "it is only down to SISU as they own us" over and over again.

How many people come on here and spout random rants about CSF or CCC that they can't back up? It is very minimal compared to SISU.

Also, why do the anti sisu type threads just die? It is because if somebody says "Fisher is a knob", people just nod and agree. Somebody says something about Wasps and city fans line up to defend them, hence it goes on and on.

People can sit and have their fingers in their ears if people say nasty things about the council or wasps (look at the guy who had a flounce and said he was never posting again because people say things about wasps).

It just seems to me that more and more people are waking up to the fact that as well as SISU, the council, higgs etc are all doing a job.
But THEY own us and it's their actions that ultimately impact the club, if it wasn't for a certain
path they decided to walk down Wasps would still be in whatever god forsaken town they
Crawled here from.IMHO

Nick

Administrator
But

But THEY own us and it's their actions that ultimately impact the club, if it wasn't for a certain
path they decided to walk down Wasps would still be in whatever god forsaken town they
Crawled here from.IMHO

But then you forget that we get quoted £24m for matchday income for our matches... It is things like that isn't it?

It isn't ultimately just their actions is it? CCC / Wasps / CSF's actions impact the club. Selling to Wasps ruined us for good!

Otis

But then it would come out to be unpalatable, it would be straight over to the football league for starters.

The thing is, if it is unpalatable what happens then if they HAVE to move outside coventry because of that? Would you still support them?
I have always said I would go if we were just outside the city.

I would not go if we were in Rugby though, or Nuneaton, or Atherstone, or Leamington.

What I keep saying Nick is that Wasps can make an offer that seems entirely reasonable to everyone except Sisu.

Sisu would then be blamed.

ccfcway

This is a CCFC forum. Id be very surprised if we didn't have more discussions (both factual and non factual) about CCFC and the owners, as opposed to CSF, CCC, Wasps, Bees, Blaze or anyone else.

Brylowes

But then you forget that we get quoted £24m for matchday income for our matches... It is things like that isn't it?

It isn't ultimately just their actions is it? CCC / Wasps / CSF's actions impact the club. Selling to Wasps ruined us for good!
CCC, Wasps, CSF, Telegraph, their actions are as a direct result of SISU,s actions.IMHO

Otis

CCC, Wasps, CSF, Telegraph, their actions are as a direct result of SISU,s actions.IMHO
I have always said and will continue to say, though blame lies on all sides, everyone seems to have extreme difficulty negotiating and going into business with Sisu.

I have heard stuff over the years from people around the club situation, of the nature 'you wouldn't believe some of the stuff about the way Sisu conduct business.'

As I always say, I take it all with a pinch of salt. I am convinced though that things would be very different if we had different owners.

Nick

Administrator
This is a CCFC forum. Id be very surprised if we didn't have more discussions (both factual and non factual) about CCFC and the owners, as opposed to CSF, CCC, Wasps, Bees, Blaze or anyone else.

Yes, but it depends if they are influencing CCFC doesn't it?

Nick

Administrator

Are they? And before SISU?

Surely the people outraged about a stadium management company being distressed would be outraged about it happening to their club?

Also, why would the Telegraph have any actions against us because of SISU's actions? Very strange.

stupot07

Pretty every discussion/thread on here goes back to the owners, so not sure what your point is.

Academy - sisus fault
Ricoh - sisus fault
Sign a player we've not heard off - sisus fault
Miss out on a plaher to a championship club - sisus fault
Not made enough signings - sisus fault
Ticket system is shirt - sisus fault
Have a standard Nike kit - sisus fault
Lose a game - sisus fault for not investing
Sell a player - sisus fault
Council try to insert a clause in the butts standoum lease - sisus fault
Butts owner says he won't allow the club to play there - sisus fault
Any thread that mentions wasps, CSF, CCC, higgs - sisus fault
Protest - sisu discussed

**I'm not implying anything is or isnt sisus fault, just pointing out that the owners are discussed all the time. I dont get where this idea that this forum a) doesn't discuss ccfc and our owners all the time b) this is a pro sisu forum. Its simply not true.

We all hate sisu, they are the worst owners ever, they are massively culpable for where we are now. The only thing that nick and others do is to point out they aren't blameless. We can all go to the game next week and sing sisu fuck off. But why should we not also let wasps, CSF, CCC and higgs know that we recognise their part in this? That's all nick and others do. And then get hammered by those that solely blame sisu, hence sisu get talked about and rightly hammered on here on most thread every day.

This no one wants to deal with sisu is bullshit, it's not sisu they deal with its ccfc. yes things get signed off by sisu's board, but negotiations and day to day contact is with the club. Nike, just sports, ticket master, harry shaw, football league, allsop & allsop, FA, etc, etc seem happy to work with and deal with the club.

And actually arguing about who is to blame is pointless, between the former owners, sisu, acl, higgs, CCC, CSF and wasps they have loaded the gun, aimed it at ccfc's head and are in the process of pulling the trigger.

Nick

Administrator
Pretty every discussion/thread on here goes back to the owners, so not sure what your point is.

Academy - sisus fault
Ricoh - sisus fault
Sign a player we've not heard off - sisus fault
Miss out on a plaher to a championship club - sisus fault
Not made enough signings - sisus fault
Ticket system is shirt - sisus fault
Have a standard Nike kit - sisus fault
Lose a game - sisus fault for not investing
Sell a player - sisus fault
Council try to insert a clause in the butts standoum lease - sisus fault
Butts owner says he won't allow the club to play there - sisus fault
Any thread that mentions wasps, CSF, CCC, higgs - sisus fault
Protest - sisu discussed

**I'm not implying anything is or isnt sisus fault, just pointing out that the owners are discussed all the time. I dont get where this idea that this forum a) doesn't discuss ccfc and our owners all the time b) this is a pro sisu forum. Its simply not true.

We all hate sisu, they are the worst owners ever, they are massively culpable for where we are now. The only thing that nick and others do is to point out they aren't blameless. We can all go to the game next week and sing sisu fuck off. But why should we not also let wasps, CSF, CCC and higgs know that we recognise their part in this? That's all nick and others do. And then get hammered by those that solely blame sisu, hence sisu get talked about and rightly hammered on here on most thread every day.

This no one wants to deal with sisu is bullshit, it's not sisu they deal with its ccfc. yes things get signed off by sisu's board, but negotiations and day to day contact is with the club. Nike, just sports, ticket master, harry shaw, football league, allsop & allsop, FA, etc, etc seem happy to work with and deal with the club.

And actually arguing about who is to blame is pointless, between the former owners, sisu, acl, higgs, CCC, CSF and wasps they have loaded the gun, aimed it at ccfc's head and are in the process of pulling the trigger.

Exactly, but if it is Wasps / CSF or the Council aiming the gun at CCFC it is great and people love it because they think it is getting at SISU.

People will slowly wake up to it all.

NorthernWisdom

So we're still going...

Surely any protest is either a *we* are Coventry (assert *we* matter) and there has to be some kind of commitment from everybody going that when that protest rocks up at CCFC, Council House, Wasps... everyone who cares does their best to get to *all*?

Pointless arguing over who to protest *at*, all the buggers deserve it! Doesn't really matter if you think SISU are more to blame, CCC more to blame... whoever, surely? Surely the point is that if there are protests it's giving *everyone* a voice that *we* matter?!?

dongonzalos

Academy - sisus fault (said they were building their own changed their mind when it was too late)
Ricoh - sisus fault (said they were building their own changed their mind when it was too late)
Sign a player we've not heard off - sisus fault (SISU sign the players)
Miss out on a plaher to a championship club - sisus fault ( see above)
Not made enough signings - sisus fault ( see above)
Ticket system is shirt - sisus fault (in their control)
Have a standard Nike kit - sisus fault ( in their control)
Lose a game - sisus fault for not investing (90% of the time you reap what you sow budget last year was probably 7th in the league we finished 8th)
Sell a player - sisus fault ( most times it's their decision)
Council try to insert a clause in the butts standoum lease - sisus fault (councils fault taking revenge)
Butts owner says he won't allow the club to play there - sisus fault ( no idea on that one, what was his reason)
Any thread that mentions wasps, CSF, CCC, higgs - sisus fault ( they carry a bigger share of blame than they other parties)
Protest - sisu discussed

Time SISU take control of their own destiny as they themselves have repeatedly stated they need to.
They need to build this stadium, academy and training facility.
They need to provide a top six budget if they want promotion.

Otis

Time SISU take control of their own destiny as they themselves have repeatedly stated they need to.
Well yep. If you say you are building your own stadium, build it. Same too for the academy.

How long have they been saying now they are building one?

It's ridiculous.

Nick

Administrator

How do you suggest taking control of the destiny then? What was it that happened when there was word of doing something with the Butts?

Oh yeah, the council tried to nip it in the bud. Nobody batted an eye lid about it.

Nick

Administrator
Well yep. If you say you are building your own stadium, build it. Same too for the academy.

How long have they been saying now they are building one?

It's ridiculous.

SO this is what happens then, Wasps force CCFC out of the ricoh, Council try their best to make it difficult to move somewhere (use butts as an example) so it means going outside of Coventry. You get angry at SISU?

stupot07

We're not going to build a new stadium or a new academy so it really isn't in their own hands.

They also won't put anymore money in to increase the budget, it doesn't guarentee promotion and the financial return isn't that good.

So there you go, at the mercy at others until some rich Chinese billionaire fancies taking us over.

Nice deflection though

Otis

How do you suggest taking control of the destiny then? What was it that happened when there was word of doing something with the Butts?

Oh yeah, the council tried to nip it in the bud. Nobody batted an eye lid about it.
But that wasn't so simple, Nick. Lots of people, myself included, said it wouldn't happen because of all the obstacles.

People can of course come to the conclusion that it is screwing Sisu over, but I don't think it was as simple as that.

The opposition to 25,000 at the Butts would have been absolutely huge.

A lot of factors involved that can't just be concluded as CCC screwing Sisu over.

Users who are viewing this thread