Shipley (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

What I find bizzare is how a professional athlete can't manage 60 minutes of sport. Every week he needs hooking at around 60mins.

shmmeee

Robins should of took him off at half time leaving him out there dkne him more damage than good he’s not at the level or close to

the end

Robins inability to make subs before 75 minutes is also not Shipley’s fault. You play Shipley you know he’ll run himself into the ground around the hour mark.

cc84cov

Robins inability to make subs before 75 minutes is also not Shipley’s fault. You play Shipley you know he’ll run himself into the ground around the hour mark.
Yep his subs are still too late with some strange ones thrown in this year

rob9872

100% he was a disgrace to the shirt last night
A disgrace to the shirt? Some of the knee-jerk reactions immediately in the aftermath of the game are forgivable, but for a supporter to suggest that about a kid working his bollocks off makes you a complete c**t. You don't like or rate him, we get that, but don't start pedaling that bollocks.

To be a disgrace to the shirt you need to do a Sealey and refuse to play or chuck one in, a Yakubu walking around by the tunnel, a Bellamy turning on the fans, a Keith O'Neill laughing at getting £20k per week and going out on the piss injured or be some kind of Adam Johnson. None of these are applicable here. Have a word with yourself.

mr_monkey

A disgrace to the shirt? Some of the knee-jerk reactions immediately in the aftermath of the game are forgivable, but for a supporter to suggest that about a kid working his bollocks off makes you a complete c**t. You don't like or rate him, we get that, but don't start pedaling that bollocks.

In his defence he only said it because others did.... Don't get me wrong I think he is a c**t due to his homophobic rhetoric but don't be too hard on the kid as he is only young and just copying the bigger boys

covcity4life

To be a disgrace to the shirt you need to do a Sealey and refuse to play or chuck one in, a Yakubu walking around by the tunnel, a Bellamy turning on the fans, a Keith O'Neill laughing at getting £20k per week and going out on the piss injured or be some kind of Adam Johnson. None of these are applicable here. Have a word with yourself.
This i agree with

I don't personally think hes good enough to start games but what he has(and prob will continue to do here and there) for ccfc shoukd never be forgotten

Deserves no venom. Done alot for thid club

Bugsy

getting sick and tired of so called fans moaning about our own players.

here is 3+ minutes of the very best of our shippers ......enjoy u miserable B***ards

Bugsy

If he was doing the same this season perhaps they wouldn't moan !!

give him a chance and abit of encouragement he might u never know.

he scored a sweet & decisive goal against Swansea just under a month ago.....PUSB

Bugsy

Think he'd be absolutely gutted if he read this thread to be honest...

makes me sad seeing fellow sky blue fans ripping him tbh, he has accomplished more in his sporting career than the turds saying shit about him...PUSB

larry_david

here is 3+ minutes of the very best of our shippers ......enjoy u miserable B***ards

I'd show him this back. Remind him what he can do. We need that cocky dusting himself down in front of Sunderland fans Shipley back. Not the one we have who looks like he's frightened

Saddlebrains

I'd show him this back. Remind him what he can do. We need that cocky dusting himself down in front of Sunderland fans Shipley back. Not the one we have who looks like he's frightened

Think this is the nail on the head from all comments on this thread.

We all know hes got it in him. But for one reason or another the bottling tackles, the hiding away most of the game and the basic passes going astray are making him look woeful, and thus not championship ready.

I'd love to see the shipley of the last couple of seasons, but really feel he needs to be left out the squad for 3 or 4 games, out the firing line. Dare i say even a couple of u23s games ( where you'd expect him to be the best player on the pitch by a mile) to get his mojo back

cc84cov

Dude, you have literally just proven people's point about you 😂

yesterday you were saying that you would rather have Allen than shiperly in the team and now you have flip flopped again
It’s called banter you sausage 😁 nice to see you’ve got over last time you ran into me and cried 😁😁

Adge

He was a disgrace to the shirt tonight end of
Na, might not be up to it but not a disgrace to the shirt.
If you want that then take your pick here...

Attachments

• E25773D4-BC33-490C-BD90-C2BCEE2C4DB8.jpeg
    E25773D4-BC33-490C-BD90-C2BCEE2C4DB8.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 28

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

There’s some way too over the top stuff on this thread. Calling him a disgrace to the shirt is embarrassing. As someone who doesn’t think Shipley is up to the standard required, I found that ridiculously cringeworthy. I also understand Robs defence of him as I believe he knows him personally. Id feel put out by some of it too if that was the case. He’s a good kid and I have no doubt he tries his all every time he puts the shirt on. That being said, I also think it’s wrong for people to come out and say “call yourself a supporter” every time someone criticises a player. Let’s not all act like we’ve rated every player to wear the shirt. I wish I had the time to check back through each persons post history but I guarantee some of these people have slated other players in the past. I’m not saying slating anyone is acceptable but it’s a football forum, where people should be allowed to criticise performances within reason and I don’t think too many have overstepped the mark on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garryb80

I wasn't aware we are still in league one. He isnt good enough for our current level

Bugsy

I wasn't aware we are still in league one. He isnt good enough for our current level

says who ??? you, clearly Robins and Adi see something you dont...PUSB

Covstu

Some disappointing comments calling him a disgrace. I never buy into the ‘he’s one of our own’ nonsense but he is a young lad playing in our shirt so gets my backing. He is struggling no doubt and isn’t playing well but personally think he is struggling to adapt but has the ability to get there. This season I have seen us call out Shipley, Max, sheaf, McFadden and Marosi. There are probably more but I just don’t get the logic of doing this, by all means discuss why they aren’t playing well but I just don’t understand the mindless abuse of so called fans at our club

stevefloyd

There’s some way too over the top stuff on this thread. Calling him a disgrace to the shirt is embarrassing. As someone who doesn’t think Shipley is up to the standard required, I found that ridiculously cringeworthy. I also understand Robs defence of him as I believe he knows him personally. Id feel put out by some of it too if that was the case. He’s a good kid and I have no doubt he tries his all every time he puts the shirt on. That being said, I also think it’s wrong for people to come out and say “call yourself a supporter” every time someone criticises a player. Let’s not all act like we’ve rated every player to wear the shirt. I wish I had the time to check back through each persons post history but I guarantee some of these people have slated other players in the past. I’m not saying slating anyone is acceptable but it’s a football forum, where people should be allowed to criticise performances within reason and I don’t think too many have overstepped the mark on here.

Absolutely, some people have agendas with players but mostly are disappointed that 1 or more of our players are playing bad, they become the subject of the so called boo boys because their performances drop consistently to what is expected, Shipley has definitely fallen into that catergory but when he was playing well he also got deserved plaudits so it works both ways.. I am sure if people who were out working consistently let their work ethic fall below an acceptable standard they would be seeking employment elsewhere if they didn't pull their socks up so the same applies here !!
I am sure Robins knows plenty more about the players than we will ever know but a paid professional bottling just about every challenge that comes his way has surely not gone unnoticed. If Shipley hadn't got the potential to score goals I doubt very much he would be at the club any longer never mind in the team...time will tell

Blind-Faith

He’s been poor for 95% of this season. I can only assume he’s getting in the team because what other options do we have?

A disgrace to the shirt he most certainly is not , but I don’t want either him or Allen anyway near the first 11 atm.

when he was sent through with 4 runners ahead of him against derby and just toe poked it to one of there players, just sums him up, simply not championship standard.

Been a great servant to the club but if we do manage to stay up , get rid in the summer and bring in better options for that position.

Mr Panda

He can't be in the team against teams like Rotherham or Luton who utilise the high press.

He just doesn't have the composure for this division, yet.

Adge

Not sure why Rob knowing him (like most of us who are part of the LWCCFCSC do also as he is always at the meetings) means that is a pre-requisite that means he should be exempt from criticism?
Infact-I know that further up the food chain (at LWCCFCSC) that even though his boots are purchased/sponsored by them that some do not rate him that highly.

Irish Sky Blue

100% he was a disgrace to the shirt last night
I have to say that I try and avoid getting into personal arguments on here, however I find your posts really annoying.
You pop up all of the time on a variety of threads, inevitably moaning about the manager or about certain players. You speak as though you are some sort of tactical genius. (What are your footballing qualifications by the way?)
You obviously know better than Robins, think he is a fool for his selections, an idiot for his tactics and an imbecile for his substitutions. So who should be our new manager, who will be the man to see the obvious in the way that you do? (Perhaps yourself? With your vast and encyclopaedic knowledge of players and tactics, how could we fail?).
For what it is worth, I think Shipley and Allen have been generally poor this season. However, rather than writing them off, I would hope that they can both play themselves in to this level. The only way that can happen is by having game time and by having time in and out of the team, something Robins is giving them. He has little alternative as this is the squad that he has. Both players did well last year and I think deserved a shot at the Championship.
You are now questioning O'Hare's ability and his bravery. This is player that came back and played on after getting a terrible head injury in a game last season and consistently continued to put his head in where it hurt, in that game and every other game he played in afterwards. You can question his ability but not his courage surely?
You seem to post things for effect, rather than thinking them out ('Shipley is a disgrace to the shirt' for example. No he's not. He's a player out of form, lacking in confidence but he has done nothing to disgrace himself or the club).
I think a little less quantity and a lot more quality is what you should be aiming for. Think before you type. Say things you genuinely believe rather than playing to the audience on here. ('100%s', 'end ofs' and a variety of emojis don't add gravitas to the things you say).
Finally, maybe show a bit more kindness. You consistently describe certain players as 'shit'. Firstly, totally inaccurate as they have gone through an incredibly rigorous selection process to make it as a professional, secondly just on a human level think how it must make you feel to read that someone thinks you are 'shit' (One of your own supporters at that, who when Saturday comes will expect you to bust a gut for his team. Furthermore, a 'supporter' who hasn't a fraction of your footballing ability or knowledge).

hill83

Think before you type.

44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.gif

Yorkshire SB

Ridiculous comments by some on here. He's struggling at this level, but doesn't deserve dogs abuse for it, still goes out and does his best. Especially considering the contribution he's made to the club over the past 3 seasons.

We don't have a tonne of quality at this level outside the starting XI, so he and a couple of others are going to have to come in and do a job. Shipley will know that he either finds his feet or he'll move down to League one again.

Users who are viewing this thread