Shipley (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 2477

Had a poor game but it’s one of them, don’t agree with slaughtering him on here....soon as he scores everyone will be loving him again
Im starting to lose track of who the current boo boy is. In the past few weeks we have had Baka, Wilson, max, Hyam, Allen and now Shipley.
going by some on here we need at least six signings in January

larry_david

If he got dropped I wonder who the next target would be
Whoever is playing consistently shite.

Shipleys seasonal rating has to be 4/10? Maybe less? Scored a beauty but that's it in what, 14 games. He needs a break, I still back him but he looks utterly terrified. Like I would if I got asked to play Saturday

cc84cov

Shipleys seasonal rating has to be 4/10? Maybe less? Scored a beauty but that's it in what, 14 games. He needs a break, I still back him but he looks utterly terrified. Like I would if I got asked to play Saturday
Difference is he’s a paid pro your not mate bottom line he’s not at the level of the manager carries on picking him he needs looking at too 😁

JulianDarbyFTW

He does a job for his manager. He's good at cutting passing lanes, and is usually positionally sound. That said, he's had a habit of throwing his hands up in frustration this season, and he seems to be really lacking confidence at the moment. Probably from reading the match threads on here, when people criticise how he's playing before we even kick off.

Is he a world beater? No. Does he do the job his manager gives him? I assume so, or he wouldn't be picked.

Hutch11

I'd still back Robins over anyone on here , he sees the game from a different perspective to fans , he has to and I believe he knows what he's doing

Saddlebrains

He was far from great tonight, but I have to wonder about someone who's first post after a decent point like that was to dig out one of our players. It's a bit of a twattish thing to do.

Its not about tonight. Tonight was the final straw. So hardly 'twattish'

He's been consistently bollocks all season. The responses on this thread are vast majority in agreement with him not being up to standard. Am i not allowed to state that?

If you're happy with a player who in his games this season, doesnt show for the ball, loses the ball the majority of the time he gets it, misplaces passes and flaps tackles, then dont be whinging when persisting with players that 90% of us can see wont make the grade, potentially sends us down.

Briles

He does a job and when he's on form he's a really useful player to have in that he can attack and defend. He just hasn't seemed fit so far this season.

cc84cov

Its not about tonight. Tonight was the final straw. So hardly 'twattish'

He's been consistently bollocks all season. The responses on this thread are vast majority in agreement with him not being up to standard. Am i not allowed to state that?

If you're happy with a player who in his games this season, doesnt show for the ball, loses the ball the majority of the time he gets it, misplaces passes and flaps tackles, then dont be whinging when persisting with players that 90% of us can see wont make the grade, potentially sends us down.
The players can’t be happy with it

Briles

That’s because this level is too much for him

Its nothing to do with "the level" we've played against some awful players this season that make shipley look like messi. I think he maybe didn't stay as fit as he could've during lockdown. Fitness can easily be worked on. He also probably has the busiest job out of the entire midfield as he is cutting out passing lanes

letsallsingtogether

He was a disgrace to the shirt tonight end of
Was he the only one?

No, but typical lazy moaning fans pick on one player blame him for everything.
Watch the whole game watch each player instead of one and waiting for him to fail.

Biamou the other week Burge for 2 seasons just to mention 2 players hounded by fans yet expected to take ot on the chin.
Most of you would go crying and scream bullying because someone moaned about you.
We have what we have.
Get behind the team.

PUSB.

cc84cov

Was he the only one?

No, but typical lazy moaning fans pick on one player blame him for everything.
Watch the whole game watch each player instead of one and waiting for him to fail.

Biamou the other week Burge for 2 seasons just to mention 2 players hounded by fans yet expected to take ot on the chin.
Most of you would go crying and scream bullying because someone moaned about you.
We have what we have.
Get behind the team.

PUSB.
He’s the most consistent it’s every week more worrying is the manager keeps picking the lad 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mate if their keeper had the ball, facing his goal a yard out, Shipley would still pretend he's 'closing him down' - now I've spotted it I can't stop seeing it every time

It's insane isn't it? Every single time an opponent has the ball I just watch as he pretends to go and tackle. Does a few side steps as if he is doing a cone hurdle exercise in an attempt to look authentic.

Some people on this thread would probably still defend him if he killed their kids. It's embarrassing.

stevefloyd

I think we all realised 2 years ago he wasn't a left winger but he's being asked to play there. It exposes his failings but the bile and hatred towards him is strange. He doesn't go out to play badly and I can't see how it's in any way helpful to keep digging him out and starting the same thread every point game. He's got a lot to learn but he's young enough and will continue to improve when he finds the level as he did in L1 & L2. Currently more bad games than good in the Championship but he's made some positive contributions before tonight and needs to find some consistency.
I dont hate him in fact i do not hate anyone but atm he is indefensable for his on the pitch performances, its not his fault he doesnt have bags of skill but it is his fault he almost seems not to be trying and his chicken shit attempts to close players down is actually appalling.. I have no idea what the coaching staff are doing surely they can see his lack of application

stevefloyd

We always need a scapegoat don’t we ? It’s pathetic , get behind the team
We do get behind the team and want our best 11 playing unfortunately he is not one of the 11 in fact I would make him the 11th sub unless he pulled his socks up and applied himself better

rob9872

I dont hate him in fact i do not hate anyone but atm he is indefensable for his on the pitch performances, its not his fault he doesnt have bags of skill but it is his fault he almost seems not to be trying and his chicken shit attempts to close players down is actually appalling.. I have no idea what the coaching staff are doing surely they can see his lack of application
I'd say the coaching staff are pleased or they wouldn't play him and after 2 promotions I'd back their judgement.

As for his pressing it is such that he might not stick his foot in as often as we'd like, but gets goalside to slow the attack and is placed to win a more valuable interception than a tackle and is then facing the right way to get us on the offensive. He runs in and out of those passing areas and whilst not winning the ball often turns it to be passed backwards.

stevefloyd

He does a job for his manager. He's good at cutting passing lanes, and is usually positionally sound. That said, he's had a habit of throwing his hands up in frustration this season, and he seems to be really lacking confidence at the moment. Probably from reading the match threads on here, when people criticise how he's playing before we even kick off.

Is he a world beater? No. Does he do the job his manager gives him? I assume so, or he wouldn't be picked.
If he is reading this thread then I say to him Fuck off and take up golf !!

stevefloyd

I'd say the coaching staff are pleased or they wouldn't play him and after 2 promotions I'd back their judgement.

As for his pressing it is such that he might not stick his foot in as often as we'd like, but gets goalside to slow the attack and is placed to win a more valuable interception than a tackle and is then facing the right way to get us on the offensive. He runs in and out of those passing areas and whilst not winning the ball often turns it to be passed backwards.
I would say to you watch him more closely!!!

rob9872

If he is reading this thread then I say to him Fuck off and take up golf !!
And I'd hope his response would be fuck back off and support Incester or The Vile to spread your negativity among their boards.

cc84cov

So basically it’s ok as he runs around a lot

The new Jamie Allen 🤣

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Reminds me of some of the excuses that came out for Ryan Kent. He couldn't pass, cross, or shoot. Yeah but he pulls defenders out of position!

I think anyone having a go at people for pointing out Shipley being consistently below the standard required this season would probably argue water wasn't wet if they could. No point even trying to discuss it.

He needs dropping for a bit.

rob9872

Reminds me of some of the excuses that came out for Ryan Kent. He couldn't pass, cross, or shoot. Yeah but he pulls defenders out of position!

I think anyone having a go at people for pointing out Shipley being consistently below the standard required this season would probably argue water wasn't wet if they could. No point even trying to discuss it.

He needs dropping for a bit.
Water isn't wet. It makes other materials wet when it sticks to the surface of them.

mds

He has been poor and carried for the whole season, it isnt hate or victimisation or anything else it is the truth, he is not or dosnt currently look to be Championship standard more like a fish out of water.

stevefloyd

He has been poor and carried for the whole season, it isnt hate or victimisation or anything else it is the truth, he is not or dosnt currently look to be Championship standard more like a fish out of water.
I'd rather the fish played in his place :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Water isn't wet. It makes other materials wet when it sticks to the surface of them.

giphy.gif

Littlewood CCFC

A truly awful footballer, im glad people are finally starting to see it.... the ones who are saying 'He's out of position' he played centre mid tonight and a 3/10 would be generous. Keeps losing the ball needlessly, decision making is piss poor, runs around like a headless chicken for 60 mins and is always fucked by then and needs to come off. I can tolerate Baka and King Max as they do the odd good thing but Shipley is a League 2 level footballer at the very best and the love affair with Robins needs to end! I was annoyed when Derby scored but not half as annoyed when Shipley received the ball 35 yards out, we had 4 runners busting a gut for a through ball and he casually flicks it to the nearest Derby player, he should of got hooked for that alone

Users who are viewing this thread