Shipley (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

Robins picks him consistently. I do not always agree with the teams he picks but I accept he knows better than me and anyone else on this board.
So how about we stop moaning and get behind the team he picks, (except Bacca he’s bloody useless).
Let myself down at the end there 😇

stevefloyd

What is disgraceful is the way he is allowed to play like that, and get away with it, last night he never tackled or attempted to tackle 1 player, from what I seen on the tv he was also hiding so he didn't receive a pass, Mccallum had no outlet because Shipley was in a place where he couldn't receive a pass and Sam was being ran ragged, his whole contribution was a header back to their keeper, now thats not trying to slaughter a player that is 100% fact.
Shipley improved tremendously over the past few seasons but he needs a massive wake up call now before he should be let anywhere near the team again if he keeps shitting out of tackles...etc etc

AFCCOVENTRY

Shipley is a top L1 player but he currently isn’t anywhere near good enough for the Championship. He is just slow mentally to the pace of the game. That’s not his fault and Robins keeps picking him.

We currently have a squad stuck between some decent Champ players and good L1 players.
This is very much a transition squad based on staying up this year.

Littlewood CCFC

Shipley is a top L1 player but he currently isn’t anywhere near good enough for the Championship. He is just slow mentally to the pace of the game. That’s not his fault and Robins keeps picking him.

We currently have a squad stuck between some decent Champ players and good L1 players.
This is very much a transition squad based on staying up this year.

He's not a top L1 player at all you're being far too generous

chiefdave

Some of the comments on here are way over the top. The guy was a regular in two promotion campaigns for us, he can't be that bad!

Lets be honest, if Robins had the money a lot of players in our squad would be reserves at best but we don't have that luxary and Robins and the coaching staff clearly think he deserves a role.

Do we need him to improve? Clearly we do but as they pointed out on Sky the other day we still have a decent number of players that were part of our L2 side, its a huge step up we're asking them to make.

clint van damme

Oh fuck off. I've said before that he isn't championship quality, but disgrace to the shirt? Bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

what I would say is he's played less than 15 games in the Championship.
Sometimes it takes longer than that to be in to a new league or a higher level. We have several players who the jury is out on and Shipley in particular but I'd say it's too earl to write any of them off just yet though the signs for Shipley aren't good.

cc84cov

A few weeks ago you were making threads saying how he had to start, have some courage in your conviction.... You don't have to echo everyone ;)
Start over Allen

Also we have no other options really O’Hare isn’tmuch better and your pal Allen has been bombed

mr_monkey

Start over Allen

Also we have no other options really O’Hare isn’tmuch better and your pal Allen has been bombed

I don't really think that starting against Norwich can really be classed as bombing a player but you do you (for what it's worth I don't think he should be starting at the moment as he hasn't kicked on as he should have)

And your posts about O'Hare are laughable really, you can't compare his performance to shiperly's last night as at least he was actually in the game (yeah he missed a couple of chances and got fouled for another but at least he is getting in those positions)

You should really try and stick with one opinion and not flip flop all the time and then people might actually take your pov seriously ;)

cc84cov

I don't really think that starting against Norwich can really be classed as bombing a player but you do you (for what it's worth I don't think he should be starting at the moment as he hasn't kicked on as he should have)

And your posts about O'Hare are laughable really, you can't compare his performance to shiperly's last night as at least he was actually in the game (yeah he missed a couple of chances and got fouled for another but at least he is getting in those positions)

You should really try and stick with one opinion and not flip flop all the time and then people might actually take your pov seriously ;)
He didn’t miss chances he missed 1 glaring header and the other 2 he shit himself

Magwitch

The whole of our squad apart from MacFadz are learning the championship, Hamer, Giles, Sheaf, Walker, O’Hare are in their first season as first teamed, Dabo, Rose, Hyam, McCallum in there second. These are all gaining much needed experience on the hoof. As they become more experienced and better players get added to the squad we will imo become a very good side.

mr_monkey

He didn’t miss chances he missed 1 glaring header and the other 2 he shit himself

Are you including the one where he was taken out by the keeper in that?

Definitely should have done better with the header but it will come, at least he is getting into the right positions especially when he was basically playing as a right winger yesterday

Londonccfcfan

I'd rather see Bapaga given a go. I like Shipley, but the truth is he's just not good enough.

I agree, Bapaga all day long as a sub instead of Shipley or Jobello.

Thing is Shipley isnt a bad player its just surrounded by championship quality in a match some of whom are our players. Shipley does have moments of magic (swansea goal), but apart from that cant think of a telling contribution or goal creating chance hes created. And hes had plenty of opportunties.

cc84cov

Are you including the one where he was taken out by the keeper in that?

Definitely should have done better with the header but it will come, at least he is getting into the right positions especially when he was basically playing as a right winger yesterday
He bottled them all the 2 in 6 yard box one he flapped from a challenge from defender the other he shit it ffom
Thr keeper surely just put it in the net or square it

Jamesimus

Does he have a fitness issue? He never seems to look at 100%.

I personally think he's one of those players that doesn't posess a high level of natural fitness and his ceiling as to how much running he can actually do, would be a lot lower than some of our other players that are in his position.

D

Deleted member 11652

You need to watch the replays as he obviously did hence why he went down 😂

But O'Hare definitely needs to work on his finishing but it'll come with experience

Definitely a foul and having watched it a few times, the keeper covered the goal and O’Hare tries to lay it to Walker. The header wasn’t exactly a sitter I wouldn’t expect anyone to score that chance really. I need to see the Giles cross across the box again as it was drilled with pace and I’m not sure how close o’hare could get to it

clint van damme

The whole of our squad apart from MacFadz are learning the championship, Hamer, Giles, Sheaf, Walker, O’Hare are in their first season as first teamed, Dabo, Rose, Hyam, McCallum in there second. These are all gaining much needed experience on the hoof. As they become more experienced and better players get added to the squad we will imo become a very good side.

whether we'll become a very good side or not time will tell but I agree with the rest of your post. We're a very inexperienced side who are learning every week.

Legia Sky Blue

Shipley is not shit. However, he is plainly struggling this season and playing like his confidence is shot - which wouldn't be wholly surprising if he did read comments on here by the 'supporters' of his own team.

Unfortunately his weaknesses in respects of stamina and tackling which have always been apparent, have not been offset like last season where the good parts of his game were more to the fore. If he can bring those good parts back to his game he will have a part to play, which is why I presume Robins is persisting with him despite his poor form.

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree, Bapaga all day long as a sub instead of Shipley or Jobello.

Thing is Shipley isnt a bad player its just surrounded by championship quality in a match some of whom are our players. Shipley does have moments of magic (swansea goal), but apart from that cant think of a telling contribution or goal creating chance hes created. And hes had plenty of opportunties.

He played well in the first half against Cardiff too where we actively looked for him in the first 20m.

I don’t think Shipley is a standout performer, and some of his misplaced passes irk me all a be all, he does an ok job. He’s always had his boo boys - people were questioning if he was good enough for L1...

Bapaga is 17/18, let’s not rest our hopes on someone who’s played 5 senior games. If he’s good enough, MR will pick him - he’s got a good track record bring players through against the grain of public opinion (McCallum most notably).

NorthernWisdom

Give him time and space and the ball around the edge of the box and he can do damage. Trouble is at this level you don't get given an awful lot of that, and he doesn't do enough to achieve that for himself. He has the quality in his left foot to score that goal Hamer did tonight, but he doesnn't have the athleticism, desire and brain to get into the position.
At the same time, this is his first time at this level. Not so long ago he couldn't get in a League 2 side, so his development's been beyond where maybe expected. Doesn't mean he absolutely *will* improve, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. As you say, he shows skill, so *if* he can adapt to the pace, then he'll do alright.

cc84cov

At the same time, this is his first time at this level. Not so long ago he couldn't get in a League 2 side, so his development's been beyond where maybe expected. Doesn't mean he absolutely *will* improve, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. As you say, he shows skill, so *if* he can adapt to the pace, then he'll do alright.
Can’t see it usually you can see a player might make the grade O’Hare for exampe
Has a better chance than Shipley who looks worse than Allen

cc84cov

Some of the defence of Shipley on here is madness.

I'm all supporting the players, even when they need some encouragement. This guy has been abysmal though. Not just in form, but in application too. For his own sake he needs to be dropped and sort himself out for the greater good. His performances for weeks have been an absolute embarrassment.
100% he was a disgrace to the shirt last night

shmmeee

@shmmeee he didn’t want to be out there

Sorry I just don’t buy that. The game passed him by yes. He’s at his best playing off the striker not as a DM (which virtually all our midfield are in this formation) or a winger. He obviously loves playing for the club so not sure how his commitment can be challenged. It’s not his fault he was picked for a job that doesn’t suit him.

cc84cov

Sorry I just don’t buy that. The game passed him by yes. He’s at his best playing off the striker not as a DM (which virtually all our midfield are in this formation) or a winger. He obviously loves playing for the club so not sure how his commitment can be challenged. It’s not his fault he was picked for a job that doesn’t suit him.
Robins should of took him off at half time leaving him out there dkne him more damage than good he’s not at the level or close to

the end

Users who are viewing this thread