Shipley (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

LOL. The guy is literally saying he has a different opinion to a lot of Burton fans and urging people not to have a meltdown about Allen leaving?! Thus proving yourself wrong, why did you even post that 😂😂😂

mr_monkey

LOL. The guy is literally saying he has a different opinion to a lot of Burton fans and urging people not to have a meltdown about Allen leaving?! Thus proving yourself wrong, why did you even post that 😂😂😂

He'll claim it was only "banter" in a minute as he's been proven wrong 😂

Jamesimus

League 1 is his level and was made to look better by the other 2

That is what one person said yes. But most of the other people... ...

Also, no one would argue that may be his level.

You are being called out here for talking a bit of shite, that's all. You said most Burton fans were over the moon he left. But they were not, were they?

SlowerThanPlatt

League 1 is his level and was made to look better by the other 2

Fraser’s destination after Burton doesn’t exactly support that - he’s at a club 17th in League 1 whereas after injury Allen was one of our best players in winning the league

rob9872

Whilst Rose has been below par, he has been unfortunate in the quality of striker he's come up against and not all teams have that up top thankfully or we'd be punished more often by clinical strikes. He's started 6 games v Brentford (Toney), Swansea (Ayew), Blackburn (Armstrong), Reading (we won), Forest (last min pen after Fadz) and Watford (Sarr, Gray, Deeney incl last min pen)

rob9872

Fraser’s destination after Burton doesn’t exactly support that - he’s at a club 17th in League 1 whereas after injury Allen was one of our best players in winning the league
I'm on this thread defending Allen but I can't agree he was instrumental in us winning the league. Imo he's quite far down that pecking order in terms of contribution. Certainly not ahead of Godden, Ohare, Walsh, Dabo, Marosi and arguably behind Shipley, Kelly, Hyam, Rose, Fadz and McCallum too.

Ccfcisparks

Personally I don't think Shipley and Allen have been up to the standard of the league yet. Despite this, considering both have been good servants to the club over the years, I will allow them time to adjust. Age is on their side also.

TomRad85

Fraser is actually a very good player, one of the best midfielders in league one. Really strange he ended up at MK, bit of a waste.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

87 n all that

Rose has struggled. To the extent at which I believe that a contributing factor of our GA record improving is as a result of him being out of the side.

He's been directly at fault for a number of goals conceded this season. Look back at some of the highlights of games that he's played in.
His sending off against Blackburn led to 4 goals being put past us.

rob9872

Very true. I guess he has struggled since returning from Injury. Good decision by Robins to get Ostigard in while Rose gets back to his old self

Since Blackburn Rose started the next three games. In the 4 games after where we've tightened up, 3 of them we played with a back 4 and the other was the Norwich game. Ostigard didn't start any of those 4 games so I'm not quite sure what you mean. If it was getting him in as cover then Ostigard came in the pre-season at which point we didn't know Rose wouldn't play to the level he did last season, but did know he would miss the start with his hip injury. I suspect if anything Ostigard was more as cover for McFadzean and probably like most of us assumed by now we'd still be playing 3 CH and Fadz would be the one to miss out, but since a few early mistakes he's been a consistent performer and deserves his place.

*Edit, my mistake he must have missed 1 for the sending off

rob9872

Yep just checked he missed the defeat v Middlesboro and then played the three after that.

Garryb80

good on you.

already have pal, regarding evidence also if you want evidence that he can cut it in the championship look at 18 seconds into this and this is the quality he possess.....PUSB

Balance enough for ya bud ;)

18 seconds video is the best you have. Well I take it back then give him the ballon dor now. If you seriously have only that as your justification I think I've been proved correct.

Bugsy

18 seconds video is the best you have. Well I take it back then give him the ballon dor now. If you seriously have only that as your justification I think I've been proved correct.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:
cant be arsed today

yeah you win...PUSB

we wil see over the course of the season yeh :D

edit : if he plays his part in us staying up then we all win...PUSB

Last edited:

Speedies_Chips

Personally I don't think Shipley and Allen have been up to the standard of the league yet. Despite this, considering both have been good servants to the club over the years, I will allow them time to adjust. Age is on their side also.
Allen has been a good servant over the years? He's been here 17 months - lol

Users who are viewing this thread