Shipley (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

Liam Kelly can’t be babysitting O’Hare and Shipley, as well as the defence.

Shipley took that turn on the ball, but then failed to play in anyone in front of him. Everyone was bad on the ball tonight, just Shipley was bad off it too. I love him, but he’s got too much to improve on.

Silsden

He looks like he’s scared of getting on the ball, no desire or movement tonight. Not helping when we’re trying to pass our way up the pitch. Robins clearly has a lot of faith in him but he’s surely had enough chances to get more involved in games now

Skybluefaz

Give him time and space and the ball around the edge of the box and he can do damage. Trouble is at this level you don't get given an awful lot of that, and he doesn't do enough to achieve that for himself. He has the quality in his left foot to score that goal Hamer did tonight, but he doesnn't have the athleticism, desire and brain to get into the position.

PVA

I don't think he's good enough but when the alternative is Allen it's easy to see why he gets game time.

The Jones injury is such a sickener, he'd have been so good in this formation.

larry_david

As I said in the match thread. You remove his affiliation from cov from the last 3 seasons and we'd signed him from a league 1 team for example, we'd be seriously worried we'd signed a shocker.

He just isn't doing anything right. When he needs to be calm he tries blind one touch flick tricks and when he needs to release it quick he fannies around with it.

For me he needs an Allen style break. Out the limelight and come back stronger because he can't be enjoying how he's playing

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's two things for me. Firstly is his ability is very questionable at this level, but you would think that would mean he would fight tooth and nail to make up for it.

He doesn't and this shepherding thing he does is embarrassing. He is scared of physical contact. For that alone he should be nowhere near this team.

rob9872

He was far from great tonight, but I have to wonder about someone who's first post after a decent point like that was to dig out one of our players. It's a bit of a twattish thing to do.

Skybluefaz

I don't think he's good enough but when the alternative is Allen it's easy to see why he gets game time.

The Jones injury is such a sickener, he'd have been so good in this formation.
He definitely would have brought a threat. I think he has to roll the dice and give Bapaga a chance. I'm not sure Jobello has it, if we could stumble accross a player with a bit of an x factor though to play in wide role it would give us much more threat.

Ccfcisparks

He isn’t fit at all. Struggles to make it through 60 minutes. For a professional footballer that is appalling.

rob9872

I think we all realised 2 years ago he wasn't a left winger but he's being asked to play there. It exposes his failings but the bile and hatred towards him is strange. He doesn't go out to play badly and I can't see how it's in any way helpful to keep digging him out and starting the same thread every point game. He's got a lot to learn but he's young enough and will continue to improve when he finds the level as he did in L1 & L2. Currently more bad games than good in the Championship but he's made some positive contributions before tonight and needs to find some consistency.

larry_david

It's two things for me. Firstly is his ability is very questionable at this level, but you would think that would mean he would fight tooth and nail to make up for it.

He doesn't and this shepherding thing he does is embarrassing. He is scared of physical contact. For that alone he should be nowhere near this team.
Mate if their keeper had the ball, facing his goal a yard out, Shipley would still pretend he's 'closing him down' - now I've spotted it I can't stop seeing it every time

rob9872

He isn’t fit at all. Struggles to make it through 60 minutes. For a professional footballer that is appalling.
You understand so little.

He's one of the fittest at the club. The running stats in game back that up which is why he doesn't last the pace. He covers more ground in the time on the pitch than others but needs to channel that and learn to pace himself better which he will as he grows older.

Londonccfcfan

Even the Biamou critics wouldn't disagree we would have been better served with 2 up front. Couldn't have done worse.

Liquid Gold

He was terrible tonight but he always looks bad being played out of position.

We've know it for 3 years now, the management should too.

lordy_87

I'd rather see Bapaga given a go. I like Shipley, but the truth is he's just not good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread