Season ticket blackout (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I'll be Fucked if someone ever stops me watching City.
This is the most stupidly thought out 'war mongering ' thing I have ever heard of.
Ensuring we have a team relegated and allow sisu to carry on running the Club at a lower cost than before.
IDIOTS

Meanwhile, we can all bicker over who does and doesn't go.

That'll keep the attention on SISU, eh.

torchomatic

That's a good point AND that is why it is important to bury your position in respect of UNITY.

So, basically agree with you for the sake of unity? You wanted the club to go out of business anyway, so excuse me if I ignore your opinion.

Pipehitterz

You must obey
All you Fans are wrong
You must ring sisu out or you love sisu
Just by writing this post I am in love with Tim Fisher
You must obey

torchomatic

Sadly it is the only way forward now ! They have to be driven out and the only way is to stop feeding them ! Only in football would punters keep coming back for such a shit product and get the piss taken out of them. With SISU here there is no hope at all, with them gone we can start again !

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who the new owners will be.

torchomatic

I am not a season ticket holder but I must say I would never ask a fellow fan to not watch their team be it in Northampton or at the Ricoh.
I understand you are saying it is for the common good but sadly it wont make a difference in any way. If we have learned any lessons along the way it should be that sisu march to the beat of their own drum.

Spot on, Riyadh.

torchomatic

They either sell to someone with an offer or liquidate. The former still gives them sent chance of getting something out of their failed investment.

And if there's no one waiting then you'd welcome liquidation?

Ashdown

If crowds are really low next season it could play into sisu's hands. They can claim that it doesn't make business sense to renew the lease on the Ricoh.

The only way we are going to get rid of them is for them to sell. The way we can help that is by making us look an attractive prospect, increased attendances would be a factor in this.
Do you honestly think that potential investors or buyers cannot see that we would still have a phenomenal fan base waiting in the wings to return once that the hedge fund have been starved out ? The silent majority have slowly lost hope and deserted the club, but with a decent, positive and caring new regime in charge, they would support their club. SISU only know about one thing, money and if they are having to use their own to fund the club then they will be forced to the table or to sell at a realistic price. All people want is transparency and a plan and knowledge that the owners are not using the club to try and profit from it, but to better it ! Not sure who these owners could be though or if anyone would be interested but if SISU keep saying we're not for sale, I doubt anyone will step forward.
I just want this latest court farce sorted and thrown out { I'd even be happy if they won it and fucked off }, but then I guess they will begin another action.

torchomatic

Do you honestly think that potential investors or buyers cannot see that we would still have a phenomenal fan base waiting in the wings to return once that the hedge fund have been starved out ? The silent majority have slowly lost hope and deserted the club, but with a decent, positive and caring new regime in charge, they would support their club. SISU only know about one thing, money and if they are having to use their own to fund the club then they will be forced to the table or to sell at a realistic price. All people want is transparency and a plan and knowledge that the owners are not using the club to try and profit from it, but to better it ! Not sure who these owners could be though or if anyone would be interested but if SISU keep saying we're not for sale, I doubt anyone will step forward.
I just want this latest court farce sorted and thrown out { I'd even be happy if they won it and fucked off }, but then I guess they will begin another action.

Surely, "starving them out" could lead to liquidation. Is that the way some fans want to go? Not me. There's no guarantee that anyone else would step in as they have fuck all to buy, they don't have anything tangible.

NorthernWisdom

Surely, "starving them out" could lead to liquidation. Is that the way some fans want to go? Not me.
Thing is, I'm convinced we're heading there anyway, so I'd rather deal with it now.

But it's the lack of acknowledgement that this is what could happen that concerns me most. Life doesn't work where you just stamp your feet and get what you want (unfortunately, else I'd have a buxom blonde stunner on my arm in one of my five mansions about now!)

torchomatic

Thing is, I'm convinced we're heading there anyway, so I'd rather deal with it now.

But it's the lack of acknowledgement that this is what could happen that concerns me most. Life doesn't work where you just stamp your feet and get what you want (unfortunately, else I'd have a buxom blonde stunner on my arm in one of my five mansions about now!)

Maybe. Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, but that's just my opinion.

At least you've already got the mansions.

Bob Latchford

This !

Bob Latchford

SkyBlueZack

No they won't see a phenomeal fan base. As there isn't one. Not the numbers people like to think there are. Starved out? How? NOPM has worked wonders so far, so has the petition. SISU have said they will not put a penny in so they won't be using their own money, why can't people get their head around that?
All people want is money thrown at the club, out of some belief that it will gain promotion. If that don't work they want more money from someone else. SISU are not taking money out, it's been discussed to death.
Will anyone step forward to buy a club with no stadium, an academy under threat and a council hellbent on turning the city into a city of rugby to justify their hypocritical decision?

Irish Sky Blue

I've had a season ticket every season since 1971, Northampton excepted. This is my club, I will never stop supporting it no matter what happens. However, I am nor sure I will renew my two STs next year. That is not because of the crap football. I am used to that. This may be the only way I can directly have an influence on Sisu. My £600 may be a drop in the ocean, but money, and having to fork out more of it is the only thing I think that they will take notice of. I understand the arguments that it will hurt. CCFC and not Sisu However, almost everyone agrees that we are in the middle of a slow, lingering death anyway. The arguments of many on here is that if Sisu go there is no one there to run the club. If Sisu go and there is no one else, then simply the club just dies more quickly than it does with Sisu.
I don't think the club will die. I know the Trust have plans to step in if Sisu try to liquidate. I am sure the usual Trust bashers will jump on this with relish. However, as I have said before on here, Trust membership and leadership are just ordinary fans who love CCFC like we all do. They would have the best interests of the club at heart and would keep us going until other owners could be found. To do better than Sisu, they won't need particularly big pockets as we all know that Sisu are running the club on a self upporting basis. At least supporter owned we would have the best wishes of other agencies that can help the club but would have nothing to do with us while Sisu are here.
I am positive that once Sisu have gone there will be individuals or groups who want to step in and bring our club back to life. I have no proof of that, it is just that history shows no club of our size or potential has gone out of existence. I totally disagree with those who say it is better with Sisu as there is nobody else. With Sisu we are slowly dying. There is an alternative.

SkyBlueZack

The trust could only keep us going if they sold a player to cover the losses. Would fans be ok with this as they aren't with SISU doing it? SISU want us to be break even but we are still making losses before player sales. Other agencies? CCC? Keep dreaming. A club of our size? One FA cup win and the stat of being the least successful team in the country? How does that make us a big club? How does surviving by the skin of your teeth every year from relegation make us a big club? Potential? If there is a big team or a Wembley day out? Yeah you're right. Other than that, no way.

You have no proof someone will step in yet state there is an alternative, bit of a contradiction that.

Houdi

Well said.

I barely go nowadays, and that's as much because of the fact it ain't fun... to me. Obviously the less that go, the less budget there is for players and running the club. I'm comfortable that it's not my responsibility to increase that but... it's warped logic to assume that boycott = SISU pack up and go, leaving exactly what people boycotting want, in their wake.
Trouble is we are slowly dying anyway ,a death of a thousand cuts.Myself and a friend and three more around us,won't be renewing next year, not particularly as a protest against SISU, but because it is no longer enjoyable at all,and the future is so unbelievably bleak.
Since Wasps moved here, we having taking to go and watch Cov Rugby on free weekends, and to be honest we find those games far more enjoyable than any home game we have witnessed this year at the RIcoh. Last season for the first 4/5 months, you actually looked forward to home games, now the atmosphere and product is dire.
Gates are only likely to go one way, which if SISU remain ,means the wage budget cut to a lower level,which means we will be signing utter dross,and so the downward cycle continues.
NOPM is already a reality for thousands of fans who have simply already walked away. Unless there is a drastic change in fortunes, then God knows what the gates will be next year.

NorthernWisdom

Myself and a friend and three more around us,won't be renewing next year, not particularly as a protest against SISU, but because it is no longer enjoyable at all,and the future is so unbelievably bleak.

But that's fine... well it's not fine, but you know what I mean! It's perfectly normal that if the team's shit then gates become shit, and if a team's good then gates become good - we're not really very different to other clubs there!

It's the idea of an orchestrated campaign getting a club packaged to our liking handed over that's utter, utter madness!

Houdi

But that's fine... well it's not fine, but you know what I mean! It's perfectly normal that if the team's shit then gates become shit, and if a team's good then gates become good - we're not really very different to other clubs there!

It's the idea of an orchestrated campaign getting a club packaged to our liking handed over that's utter, utter madness!
But the alternative is madness as well. The direction of travel under SISU from the start has been just one way. Relegation now is looking distinctively likely. How much are we likely to get from selling players if we are in Division 2, probably a lot less than Division 1. Gates down to what 4/5 thousand maybe, they could be even less.
Another 2 or 3 years later,what then ,relegated out of the football league ? If people believe no one would be interested in our club now, why would they be interested in our club a few years down the line after a more years of decline. People are saying SISU will only go when they are ready to go, but by then there maybe no serious interest in us anyway. Every year they are making the CCFC brand worth less, not more.

Bob Latchford

But the alternative is madness as well. The direction of travel under SISU from the start has been just one way. Relegation now is looking distinctively likely. How much are we likely to get from selling players if we are in Division 2, probably a lot less than Division 1. Gates down to what 4/5 thousand maybe, they could be even less.
Another 2 or 3 years later,what then ,relegated out of the football league ? If people believe no one would be interested in our club now, why would they be interested in our club a few years down the line after a more years of decline. People are saying SISU will only go when they are ready to go, but by then there maybe no serious interest in us anyway. Every year they are making the CCFC brand worth less, not more.
Very true !

clint van damme

it is concerning. What's also concerning is those that seem to think we'll rise phoenix like post liquidation, free of sisu and debt.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've had a season ticket every season since 1971, Northampton excepted. This is my club, I will never stop supporting it no matter what happens. However, I am nor sure I will renew my two STs next year. That is not because of the crap football. I am used to that. This may be the only way I can directly have an influence on Sisu. My £600 may be a drop in the ocean, but money, and having to fork out more of it is the only thing I think that they will take notice of. I understand the arguments that it will hurt. CCFC and not Sisu However, almost everyone agrees that we are in the middle of a slow, lingering death anyway. The arguments of many on here is that if Sisu go there is no one there to run the club. If Sisu go and there is no one else, then simply the club just dies more quickly than it does with Sisu.
of existence. I totally disagree with those who say it is better with Sisu as there is nobody else. With Sisu we are slowly dying.

Absolutely right. Which is precisely why I will not be renewing next season. This is a long, slow lingering death, and every penny I put in, if it doesn't go to SISU, simply slows down the inevitable anyway. The club is rotten to the core. I've seen some highs over the years and some extremely depressing lows since I began watching in 1976. This is the worst in living memory. If it ends it ends, but I would rather it went quickly than this.

Kingokings204

Well whether we decide to buy season tickets next season or not is not really the point as it's happening already. The fans are staying away more and more each season and next season the fan base will reduce again regardless. More of a drop of league 2 of course so bicker all we like but people have given up already. It's already happened.

Sisu can just cut again of course and cut again and this will then lead to conference football but we can keep blaming the fans if we like not turning up to be mugged off. Our loyalty is being pissed on by greedy hedge fund owners and many now have said no fuck this I'm not going anymore. That's just a fact. Some of those fans are on here. I'm close to that stage myself but not there yet but I want to jack it all in but find it really hard to not go.

What needs to happen is new owners with a plan, investment and ambition the 3 things we have none of currently and the fans will come back mark my words.

At the moment as it stands we have hit the iceberg and sadly there are not enough lifeboats.

Bob Latchford

Well whether we decide to buy season tickets next season or not is not really the point as it's happening already. The fans are staying away more and more each season and next season the fan base will reduce again regardless. More of a drop of league 2 of course so bicker all we like but people have given up already. It's already happened.

Sisu can just cut again of course and cut again and this will then lead to conference football but we can keep blaming the fans if we like not turning up to be mugged off. Our loyalty is being pissed on by greedy hedge fund owners and many now have said no fuck this I'm not going anymore. That's just a fact. Some of those fans are on here. I'm close to that stage myself but not there yet but I want to jack it all in but find it really hard to not go.

What needs to happen is new owners with a plan, investment and ambition the 3 things we have none of currently and the fans will come back mark my words.

At the moment as it stands we have hit the iceberg and sadly there are not enough lifeboats.
Spot on !

letsallsingtogether

Unfortunately I don't think they need this campaign.
We have 4 season tickets this year over 180 years of supporting City between us.
All of us are thinking of giving them up next year.
Not because someone has asked us too, but because we are not enjoying it any more.
Might just do away matches and pick certain home matches.
After yesterday really pissed off nothing has changed the football is getting worse.

But if you still enjoying it you do need to back the team or we will die.

Irish Sky Blue

The trust could only keep us going if they sold a player to cover the losses. Would fans be ok with this as they aren't with SISU doing it? SISU want us to be break even but we are still making losses before player sales. Other agencies? CCC? Keep dreaming. A club of our size? One FA cup win and the stat of being the least successful team in the country? How does that make us a big club? How does surviving by the skin of your teeth every year from relegation make us a big club? Potential? If there is a big team or a Wembley day out? Yeah you're right. Other than that, no way.

You have no proof someone will step in yet state there is an alternative, bit of a contradiction that.

I did say no proof but history so far has shown no club our size has gone to the wall, therefore not quite the contradiction you make out. If you are right what we are left with then is death a few years down the line with Sisu or death because Sisu have given up or liquidated and there is no one to take over. In your scenario either way our club is dead.With Sisu gone at least there is hope. I don't expect owners to come in and "invest" millions in our club. Football clubs generally don't make money for their investors. What I do expect is owners who genuinely have the interests of our club and us it's supporters at heart. I don't think Sisu care about CCFC other than the fact it is costing them money. As regards to the way they treat us their "customers", well I think that speaks for itself. They have lied to us continually and treated us and continue to treat us, with utter contempt. I want owners who value their supporters and who tell them the truth. I think you underestimate most fans by saying they only want owners who put in millions.
I am only a second generation Coventrian, as you would guess from my name on here. However I am sick of the way our fans and the potential fans in Coventry and Warwickshire are run down by comments like yours on here. I think that to get 9000 for Saturday's game was magnificent. Others will come on and say look at the gates Leeds, Leicester, Southampton got when they were in this division. They had hope, they had a stadium an acadamy, a training ground not under threat, a board that supported the club, not onte that consists of a part time member who has a loyalty to a hedge fund not our club and our current interim manager. The fact that any body of people in their thousands turns up to watch the joke club we have become is amazing. One glimmer of success in 40 years, continually struggling in what ever league we are in. No other set of fans in the country has had to put up with such lack of success purely in winning games. Yet still people turn up in hpoe to watch, or listen, read or talk about the club and wait for a reason to return.
As has been shown by any glimmer of success people are out there in their thousands waiting to return if given the incentive. You are wrong. Potentially we are a big club, and can certainly rival any of our neighbours such as Leicester et al in terms of gates.
I am sick of Sisu and the way they continue to use our club as a pawn in their pathetic game. I turn up to Trust open meetings, I go on the marches, I throw pigs on pitches. I am continually told on here I am wasting my time. My club is dying. If I think like you or others on here I am to sit idley by and watch us die.

Sky Blue Harry H

I;m going to keep going out of a combination of blind loyalty (to the club - not the owners),stupidity, and the shared care we have as a bunch of fans for our club. If I could think of any legal practical thing I could do to get the monkey off our backs I would. I just hope (like most) that there is something secret going on somewhere that will eventually get rid of them. At some point, Fisher will surely have to 'talk# explaining the 'plan' = unless he intends to just keep picking up a fat salary for running us into the ground. I agree with the 'ever decreasing circles' phrase used by an earlier poster, but until somebody convinces me how not turning up helps the bigger picture, I'm going to keep persevering.

Users who are viewing this thread