Season ticket blackout (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

I did say no proof but history so far has shown no club our size has gone to the wall, therefore not quite the contradiction you make out. If you are right what we are left with then is death a few years down the line with Sisu or death because Sisu have given up or liquidated and there is no one to take over. In your scenario either way our club is dead.With Sisu gone at least there is hope. I don't expect owners to come in and "invest" millions in our club. Football clubs generally don't make money for their investors. What I do expect is owners who genuinely have the interests of our club and us it's supporters at heart. I don't think Sisu care about CCFC other than the fact it is costing them money. As regards to the way they treat us their "customers", well I think that speaks for itself. They have lied to us continually and treated us and continue to treat us, with utter contempt. I want owners who value their supporters and who tell them the truth. I think you underestimate most fans by saying they only want owners who put in millions.
I am only a second generation Coventrian, as you would guess from my name on here. However I am sick of the way our fans and the potential fans in Coventry and Warwickshire are run down by comments like yours on here. I think that to get 9000 for Saturday's game was magnificent. Others will come on and say look at the gates Leeds, Leicester, Southampton got when they were in this division. They had hope, they had a stadium an acadamy, a training ground not under threat, a board that supported the club, not onte that consists of a part time member who has a loyalty to a hedge fund not our club and our current interim manager. The fact that any body of people in their thousands turns up to watch the joke club we have become is amazing. One glimmer of success in 40 years, continually struggling in what ever league we are in. No other set of fans in the country has had to put up with such lack of success purely in winning games. Yet still people turn up in hpoe to watch, or listen, read or talk about the club and wait for a reason to return.
As has been shown by any glimmer of success people are out there in their thousands waiting to return if given the incentive. You are wrong. Potentially we are a big club, and can certainly rival any of our neighbours such as Leicester et al in terms of gates.
I am sick of Sisu and the way they continue to use our club as a pawn in their pathetic game. I turn up to Trust open meetings, I go on the marches, I throw pigs on pitches. I am continually told on here I am wasting my time. My club is dying. If I think like you or others on here I am to sit idley by and watch us die.

Excellent post !

ccfc92

I did say no proof but history so far has shown no club our size has gone to the wall, therefore not quite the contradiction you make out. If you are right what we are left with then is death a few years down the line with Sisu or death because Sisu have given up or liquidated and there is no one to take over. In your scenario either way our club is dead.With Sisu gone at least there is hope. I don't expect owners to come in and "invest" millions in our club. Football clubs generally don't make money for their investors. What I do expect is owners who genuinely have the interests of our club and us it's supporters at heart. I don't think Sisu care about CCFC other than the fact it is costing them money. As regards to the way they treat us their "customers", well I think that speaks for itself. They have lied to us continually and treated us and continue to treat us, with utter contempt. I want owners who value their supporters and who tell them the truth. I think you underestimate most fans by saying they only want owners who put in millions.
I am only a second generation Coventrian, as you would guess from my name on here. However I am sick of the way our fans and the potential fans in Coventry and Warwickshire are run down by comments like yours on here. I think that to get 9000 for Saturday's game was magnificent. Others will come on and say look at the gates Leeds, Leicester, Southampton got when they were in this division. They had hope, they had a stadium an acadamy, a training ground not under threat, a board that supported the club, not onte that consists of a part time member who has a loyalty to a hedge fund not our club and our current interim manager. The fact that any body of people in their thousands turns up to watch the joke club we have become is amazing. One glimmer of success in 40 years, continually struggling in what ever league we are in. No other set of fans in the country has had to put up with such lack of success purely in winning games. Yet still people turn up in hpoe to watch, or listen, read or talk about the club and wait for a reason to return.
As has been shown by any glimmer of success people are out there in their thousands waiting to return if given the incentive. You are wrong. Potentially we are a big club, and can certainly rival any of our neighbours such as Leicester et al in terms of gates.
I am sick of Sisu and the way they continue to use our club as a pawn in their pathetic game. I turn up to Trust open meetings, I go on the marches, I throw pigs on pitches. I am continually told on here I am wasting my time. My club is dying. If I think like you or others on here I am to sit idley by and watch us die.

Hard to disagree with any of that Irish :( although I'm sure some will.

dadgad

The idea of a united fans protest is a pipe dream because, as this thread illustrates,
we categorically cannot agree.
The consequence is we continue to disagree because we "know what we know" and refuse to change.
The idea of UNITY is therefore radical but
might stimulate the change we desperately
need.
In other words sing from the same hymn sheet whatever you decide.
The alternative is we continue to stay as we are....passive, divided and unhappy.

Grendel

The idea of a united fans protest is a pipe dream because, as this thread illustrates,
we categorically cannot agree.
The consequence is we continue to disagree because we "know what we know" and refuse to change.
The idea of UNITY is therefore radical but
might stimulate the change we desperately
need.
In other words sing from the same hymn sheet whatever you decide.
The alternative is we continue to stay as we are....passive, divided and unhappy.

Ok then let's so some UNITY and pack the Ricoh out every week?

You in "brother"?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's simple really :
If SISU invest in the club, I will invest in the club (renew season ticket}
If they don't , I wont.

torchomatic

It's simple really :
If SISU invest in the club, I will invest in the club (renew season ticket}
If they don't , I wont.

They've already said the club has to be self sufficient. If people don't renew then the budget will be even smaller and...the vicious circle ensues...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Ok then let's so some UNITY and pack the Ricoh out every week?
If we pack the ricoh every week it won't change a thing. There will be no more money. The money will go into the owners pockets. Therein lies the problem .

ccfchoi87

I will never not get a season ticket whilst we are in Coventry unless we do get changed to RB Coventry and play in red!

ccfc92

They've already said the club has to be self sufficient. If people don't renew then the budget will be even smaller and...the vicious circle ensues...

What about last season when we were told 12,000 was required, which we averaged, and then the goal posts were moved when they realised we were getting 12,000 most weeks?

oucho

Coventry City Season Ticket Blackout 17/18
15 hrs ·
We are Urging Coventry City Supporters to Not Purchase Season Tickets for the 2017/18 season , We understand how hard this is as somebody who hasn't missed a game home and away for a long time , we believe this is the next step to try and force ownership Change at Coventry City Football Club .
Together we win , Divided we lose
#CCSTBO #PUSB #SISUOUT
Obly just seen this. Only yesterday the very same idea occurred to me as the obvious next step for the JHW protests. Good luck with it, i won't buy an ST though to be fair I wouldn't have bought one anyway so can't truly be described as joining the boycott.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Very few people I know who follow the club believe any of that . They don't even know what the break even figure is on gates . If we averaged 25,000 they'd say we needed 28,000. We all know why.

oucho

They would just cut everything down on Northampton attendances.

It isn't going to get rid of them.
Pooh-poohing another anti Sisu protest idea, what a bag of surprises you are! !

torchomatic

torchomatic

Pooh-poohing another anti Sisu protest idea, what a bag of surprises you are! !

So give us the definitive way to get rid of them then?

torchomatic

In this case he's got the likes of OSB agreeing with him.

Seems it's not only SISU who ar pig-headed, stubborn and refuse to listen...

Spot on. There's a few with a big "my way or the highway" attitude on here.

torchomatic

What about last season when we were told 12,000 was required, which we averaged, and then the goal posts were moved when they realised we were getting 12,000 most weeks?

Similar to being told that NOPM would arrive them out? And, a similar situation arose before they took over.

torchomatic

NorthernWisdom

Ha, true. but it will be even worse next season . And that's the way youbseem to want the club to go.

tbf he's another who's just not going because it's shit.

Thnk we have to differentiate very carefully between those who do that (hardly unreasonable, is it! I kind of enjoyed my 'protest' at the German market eating doughnuts and drinking beer yesterday) and those who seek to co-opt a totality using flawed logic.

Bob Latchford

Obly just seen this. Only yesterday the very same idea occurred to me as the obvious next step for the JHW protests. Good luck with it, i won't buy an ST though to be fair I wouldn't have bought one anyway so can't truly be described as joining the boycott.
Sorry Oucho , this topic was taken off a CCFC site on facebook . just thought I'd share it and get the general concensus

ccfc92

Similar to being told that NOPM would arrive them out? And, a similar situation arose before they took over.

I think you've missed the point. I'm not talking about NOPM, I'm talking about regular "decent" attendances as the "pack the "Ricoh" idea is unrealistic at the foot of L1. We kept our attendances up to stay self sufficient, then were told "Actually we need 14,000 and JM was sold to secure the future of the club for years to come"

Terry Gibson's perm

After yesterday it is unlikely I would renew anyway but will probably have a last minute change of heart like this year:banghead:

chiefdave

You're never going to get everyone boycotting. Chances are numbers will be down anyway next year after the performances so far this season, unless things radically change.

The first thing that needs to happen IMO is for someone to work out what kind of numbers need to not renew for it to actually have an impact rather than just see the budget cut again.

Then some thought needs to be given to what would happen if that point was reached. People, not just with this, seem to operate under the assumption that someone else is waiting in the wings to come and throw money at the club but is that realistic? At best I suspect we'd have different owners with exactly the same problems with lack of income. At worst nobody comes in and we're in big trouble.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Ha, true. but it will be even worse next season . And that's the way youbseem to want the club to go.
That's not what I want, nor will it happen courtesy of me nor any other season ticket holder not renewing. The owners are to blame. They took us down from the championship and will take us to division 4. If you are saying that I am wishing ill on the club I have watched for 40 years simply because I don't want a season ticket any more then that's your opinion. I could of course ask you why you wish to invest your money in a business that has absolutely no intention of investing in Coventry City.

ccfc92

You're never going to get everyone boycotting. Chances are numbers will be down anyway next year after the performances so far this season, unless things radically change.

The first thing that needs to happen IMO is for someone to work out what kind of numbers need to not renew for it to actually have an impact rather than just see the budget cut again.

Then some thought needs to be given to what would happen if that point was reached. People, not just with this, seem to operate under the assumption that someone else is waiting in the wings to come and throw money at the club but is that realistic? At best I suspect we'd have different owners with exactly the same problems with lack of income. At worst nobody comes in and we're in big trouble.

It depends on CCC/Wasps I guess, as in if they would sell a % of the Ricoh or land for CCFC to build on, if new owners came in.

torchomatic

That's not what I want, nor will it happen courtesy of me nor any other season ticket holder not renewing. The owners are to blame. They took us down from the championship and will take us to division 4. If you are saying that I am wishing ill on the club I have watched for 40 years simply because I don't want a season ticket any more then that's your opinion. I could of course ask you why you wish to invest your money in a business that has absolutely no intention of investing in Coventry City.

Because i love SISU obviously .

Users who are viewing this thread