Ricoh is confirmed? (1 Viewer)

SBS

Times and morals really have changed haven’t they ;)

Attachments

• BDE253F5-3540-4573-873E-DBE9ABF59A03.png
    BDE253F5-3540-4573-873E-DBE9ABF59A03.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 82

mark82

Deciding who’s paying for the Desso Grass Master pitch is the main rumour now.

Considering their first home game is just over a month away, I'm not sure whether there's time to be laying a new pitch now. Anyone know how long it would be until ready to play on if they started replacement now?

Magwitch

Considering their first home game is just over a month away, I'm not sure whether there's time to be laying a new pitch now. Anyone know how long it would be until ready to play on if they started replacement now?
I have heard that the Ricoh pitch has been worked on for a while now obviously doesn’t mean an imminent return but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Hadji's_Goatee

Hmmm, so Waps have a game at the Ricoh on the 21st August. Doesn’t leave much time to prepare the playing surface, get the right seed technology down to make it through the winter

Tommo1993

The pitch just needs adequate treatment. I’m sure all that used to happen was the artificial UV lights before and after games. A return is crucial for survival imo.

Rodders1

Yep, all for that, but the fear is obviously we need income to compete and stay in this division. If crowds are allowed back we would be at an immediate disadvantage - unless by some quirk everybody suddenly wanted to travel to Brum.

SISU have let MR spend a few bob, taking FFP into account, what are they basing this spending on in terms of how much money they think we will make, additional TV revenue etc. The gate money must be a factor in their calcs surely.
Think FFP is being changed to an average over the next two years so SISU could be considering staying another year at Brum.

Also with the Man City decision, FFP is bollox anyway. Anyone remember Leicester getting promoted to the Prem, breaking the FFP and then only getting fined £3m I think? Not bad when they’ve now had access to circa £700m in additional income!

Sky Blue Pete

Which worries me as it points to St Andrews.
Genuinely, and I know I’m naive, boddy and Seppalla were very clear that their priority was to move back but it takes everyone to play ball. At some point a decision has to be made to plan everything else. I add no more than that. I said earlier there are a number of facts this time round but there a lot of Shayman on here who get their diviner’s out and tell us all this and that.

Negotiations are ongoing but we have a deal to play at St. Andrews for 2 more years
Negotiations are ongoing and are complex and not just about rent per year or match
Financially wasps and ccfc will be better off if ccfc play at the Ricoh next season
Not as many fans will go to Birmingham as will go to the Ricoh

Now for my diviner and opinion.

I cannot believe that all parties will not agree a deal again this season. You’ve got to think wasps are going to be losing heaps and ccfc returning could mean an average crowd easily above 20000 with potentially a couple of full houses

Also I will be getting a season ticket wherever we are playing as will the 7 people I go with. I didn’t go to Northampton I felt we were playing a dangerous game. I did go to Birmingham as we had nowhere else to play and I wanted to support my club. If we play at Birmingham this season it will be for the exact same reason and people who’ve boycotted need to get their heads around that.

Again I make no judgement on other adults who decide to do what they decide to do

Mark said on another thread it’s a toss of a coin and i think that’s absolutely right.

higgs

So the bigger picture is for Wasps to go pop and us still not having the Ricoh simply handed to us?
The bigger picture is that wasps fuck off back to London and we get a long term deal off Coventry City Council to play football in Coventry on a proper playing surface in a stadium that was purpose built for our football team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

The bigger picture is that wasps fuck off back to London and we get a long term deal off Coventry City Council to play football in Coventry on a proper playing surface in a stadium that was purpose built for our football team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok. Good luck with it.

Liquid Gold

Wasps can basically play hardball by saying "we're going bust with or without you so do what we say or fuck off"

Users who are viewing this thread