Priority is a new keeper (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

This is interesting......
;)
I'd take him for a season certainly, although lack of match sharpness is a concern. Number 1 on my list is Ruddy.

NorthernWisdom

shepardo01

Difference between maybe 20 minutes once upon a time, and a full season, though.

As I said, no clue myself, haven't seen much of him for the past five years(!) so got to trust the manager he's still up to it.
Totally agree.
As a note, Would be training daily with top class players and other international gks.
Although i do know that there are previous links to this!

Frostie

I believe we made enquiries about Grant in January. I'd have been happy with that as a short term fix then but at 38 years old & only played 4 games in 4 years he's not one I'd be looking at to be first choice now.

Not sure on the clamour for Ruddy either tbh. Is it just because he's a big name? His performances absolutely fell off a cliff a few years back with a string of horrendous errors. I'd have real concerns over him too.

shepardo01

I believe we made enquiries about Grant in January. I'd have been happy with that as a short term fix then but at 38 years old & only played 4 games in 4 years he's not one I'd be looking at to be first choice now.

Not sure on the clamour for Ruddy either tbh. Is it just because he's a big name? His performances absolutely fell off a cliff a few years back with a string of horrendous errors. I'd have real concerns over him too.
Yes we did. Agree about the possibility of it being a short term fix.

Stockdale and Ruddy not the answer either, as I've said, someone like Iversen from Leicester would be an idea.

Ccfcisparks

Living in Wolves I’ve watched a lot of their games with friends. He typically starts in the cup for them and doesn’t look out of place. I think he’d be a safer signing that a young keeper.

Frostie

Yes we did. Agree about the possibility of it being a short term fix.

Stockdale and Ruddy not the answer either, as I've said, someone like Iversen from Leicester would be an idea.

Someone of Iversen's ilk would definitely be preferable but it'd likely need to be a loan or a big fee which would rule us out. I'd be surprised if Preston don't try to take him again next year.
I like Joe Bursik but not sure Stoke would want to loan to a team in same division either.

I'd prefer a goalkeeper we own & can invest in his development but they're probably the hardest position to recruit for.

rob9872

Just looked at the released list of 19 championship keepers. At 30 Nyland, ex Villa sticks out for me. Would be a great option.

Magwitch1

What about Christian Walton apparently being released by Brighton only 25 about 6ft 5” and potentially a long future and should have future value. Going for experience keepers in their mid to late thirties is very expensive and short term in a lot of cases.
That might help the Osti situation too....and Viktor Gyokeres...and Danny Cashman.🙃

Last edited:

Sick Boy

What about Christian Walton apparently being released by Brighton only 25 about 6ft 5” and potentially a long future and should have future value. Going for experience keepers in their mid to late thirties is very expensive and short term in a lot of cases.
That might help the Osti situation too....and Viktor Gyokeres...and Danny Cashman.🙃
Decent shout that.

shmmeee

Walton is wanted by Luton as he was there on loan, which suggests he’d be in our wage budget. He’s who I’d go for. But for bad luck with injuries he’d be Brighton’s number one right now, but got injured just as his chance came and the Spanish keeper who was behind him took his chance.

SBAndy

Walton is wanted by Luton as he was there on loan, which suggests he’d be in our wage budget. He’s who I’d go for. But for bad luck with injuries he’d be Brighton’s number one right now, but got injured just as his chance came and the Spanish keeper who was behind him took his chance.

Find it interesting that he’s linked to Luton, who spent over £1m on their current keeper.

shepardo01

Shit that's not good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Don't panic.
He was never going to be the answer.
Would have had him in LG 1, no question. We have to set our sights slightly higher.
We'll end up with a loan or out of contract keeper.

shepardo01

Lol would rather lick piss off a stinging nettle, he was worse than Burge when he played for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was very very young when he came to us (20/21 ish) and did not do that badly. He was not worse than Burge but if I recall had to follow Westwood and Murphy.
He has played in the Premier League but is now 2nd choice at Wycombe.
One thing you are right on is that he is also not the answer to what we need next season.

Users who are viewing this thread