Priority is a new keeper (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

Why are we looking at relegated keepers? Surely that’s a giveaway they’re not so hot. Leave it to MR to sort the issue out?

SBT

How much will Stockdale cost us in the summer now then? £4 million? £6 million? Straight swap for O’Hare? Obviously he has to be the priority signing.

TomRad85

Why are we looking at relegated keepers? Surely that’s a giveaway they’re not so hot. Leave it to MR to sort the issue out?
I don't really think any of the relegated keepers are all that tbh, but the suggestion that all relegated players are kind of rubbish is incorrect. It's often a good opportunity to pluck the handful of players from relegated sides that did perform well for a decent price.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Is Westwood available on a free? Sure he’s out of contract now. Questions about his age but goalies do tend to keep on going and his experience might be a bonus. Not 100% convinced he’d be a good signing but probably worth consideration. What do others think?

1ccfc

Looking at Westwood in his last couple of games we can definitely do better. Even at 36 would still expect a decent salary.

Hobo

Wycombe have been on good form last three months.

Even relegated teams have a few good players. Always worth a look.

Skybluefaz

Is Westwood available on a free? Sure he’s out of contract now. Questions about his age but goalies do tend to keep on going and his experience might be a bonus. Not 100% convinced he’d be a good signing but probably worth consideration. What do others think?
He was shite today. I think we may have to look outside the bubble of former players. Thank God.

Deity

He was shite today. I think we may have to look outside the bubble of former players. Thank God.
Does Oggy know our plans ?? Rather odd that he crow barred in that Wycombe had done better since Stockdale returned to their team .... 😉😉

shepardo01

Looked past it today.
Struggled this season.
Not been 1st choice at times at Wednesday and not due to injury.

Move on.

higgs

Would 100k take Stockdale from Wycombe he's been a big part of their recovery to only go down by a point was some achievement by Wycombe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

All I’ve read so far is people saying our players need upgrading and then suggesting we sign Rotherham and Wycombe players that have done worse than our players
Again, while teams get relegated it doesn't mean that said teams don't have a few players between them that are more than good enough at Championship standard. Raiding relegated teams of their best players is standard practice.

procdoc

Again, while teams get relegated it doesn't mean that said teams don't have a few players between them that are more than good enough at Championship standard. Raiding relegated teams of their best players is standard practice.

I don’t want their goalkeepers or their misfiring strikers

Frostie

Would 100k take Stockdale from Wycombe he's been a big part of their recovery to only go down by a point was some achievement by Wycombe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Literally signed a new contract yesterday, doubt they're looking to offload him.

Brighton Sky Blue

All I’ve read so far is people saying our players need upgrading and then suggesting we sign Rotherham and Wycombe players that have done worse than our players

Collectively yes, it doesn't mean none of their players are worth looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread