Priority is a new keeper (1 Viewer)

fatso

I would be happy with Westwood returning
Why ffs
I never understand the love in for former players, he's 36 ffs, so no future sell on. And wednesday fans dont rate him.
Honestly, wtf makes you think he would fit our requirements? He's been fucking garbage all season, I mean seriously why not just get Jim Blyth back?

D

Deleted member 2477

Why ffs
I never understand the love in for former players, he's 36 ffs, so no future sell on. And wednesday fans dont rate him.
Honestly, wtf makes you think he would fit our requirements? He's been fucking garbage all season, I mean seriously why not just get Jim Blyth back?
I was a big fan of Westwood and hands up I thought he would be what we needed but having seen him in the last two games for Wednesday I agree he is past his prime and not what we all remember. Ive changed my mind and its a No from me

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I would be really suprised if Mike Cooper at Plymouth isn't on Robins or Badlans radar for this summer.

Ticks a lot of boxes for our style of recruitment. Great first season in league 1 with Plymouth and full of potential at only 21.

Frostie

I would be really suprised if Mike Cooper at Plymouth isn't on Robins or Badlans radar for this summer.

Ticks a lot of boxes for our style of recruitment. Great first season in league 1 with Plymouth and full of potential at only 21.

100%, one I've kept an eye on too. Plymouth have an incredible young side with a few gems in there tbf.

blunted

Who was the young West Ham keeper we wanted at the start of the season who they would not let come, as we could not guarantee first team football?

no_loyalty

Alex Palmer currently on loan at Lincoln from West Brom is a highly rated keeper, not sure if West Brom would loan him out to a team in the same division? also they might decide to keep him, especially if they cash in on Sam Johnstone.

D

Deleted member 2477

Maybe we should get this year's league 1 goalkeeper of the year. Surely he'd be top notch 🤣🤣🤣

Joking aside I think Walton would be a good bet.
Clearly someone saw him play differently to Sunderland fans and ourselves

bazza16

Cooper has just signed a new 3 year contract with Plymouth, so I guess this is a non starter. Shame as I rate him over Alex Palmer

SlowerThanPlatt

Cooper has just signed a new 3 year contract with Plymouth, so I guess this is a non starter. Shame as I rate him over Alex Palmer

What’s the view on Jephcott? Couldn’t stop scoring first part of the season but hasn’t scored for 20 games now. Had Brentford all over him if kept scoring but might be within our grasp now if we’re looking for a striker.

Frostie

What’s the view on Jephcott? Couldn’t stop scoring first part of the season but hasn’t scored for 20 games now. Had Brentford all over him if kept scoring but might be within our grasp now if we’re looking for a striker.

Still think he'll score goals at Championship level but he's a pure penalty box striker, Walker is better (at this stage).

Last edited:

SleepyGinger

Seems to be a lack of good goalkeepers around this level at the moment, the likes of betinelli, Dillon Phillips and etheridge who moved for money last summer have flattered to deceive. I would say pick up a promising goalie from league 1 but the fact burge got in the team of year speaks for itself.

bazza16

Like Frostie said he is a pure penalty box striker. Lost his way a bit in 2nd half of season (mainly sub)
I would say this was due to lack of form through the whole team and not playing off a big target man in the form of our very own Frank Nouble

Mcbean

They will want a lot of money for him ! As per Sunderland forum this morning on the discussion of replacing Burge

lord_garrincha

Bursik looked good last night. Loan consideration?
If we are signing him on the basis of watching him from one match, then we can swap him for Wilson and receive a couple of million too on the basis of what they saw of Ben in the only match they have seen of him!

shepardo01

Excellent young keeper. I'd personally prefer a permanent signing in that position but certainly wouldn't be adverse to it. Not sure if Stoke would loan to a rival?
Think they have already refused a loan back to Peterborough (?) for the coming season as they want him involved for the coming season.

ccfc_Tom

If we are signing him on the basis of watching him from one match, then we can swap him for Wilson and receive a couple of million too on the basis of what they saw of Ben in the only match they have seen of him!
I have only seen him that one match but seems to have a lot of positive reviews from all the clubs hes been at

Users who are viewing this thread