Priority is a new keeper (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Won't get two.
Wouldn't want two if budget tight anyway.
Quite right need to stretch the budget as far as possible. I'd have thought Wilson would be a very small wage (football wage wise) happy for him or Marco as backup

pusbccfc

Problem is they're both under contract aren't they?

Wonder what Marosi's wages are? if he hasn't had too much of a bump in the Championship we might get a L1 side who are interested in him.

Wilson we might be stuck with but not the end of the world if he's a backup that isn't called upon.

If we wanted rid of Marosi, he'd quite easily get a number 1 spot in League 1.

shepardo01

Marosi was the starting keeper for the team that won league 1, yet bizarrely you seem to rate Wilson more highly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Wasn't tested last season. Although he did suit our style last season.
Had some horrific games. Portsmouth away. Rotherham away. Dropped a worse one in vs Rotherham at home than Wilson's today.
Was found out this season. Some could see that even before his injury - Robins included (although some couldn’t and wouldn't!!)

Winny the Bish

Have to think a League 1 team would be willing to pay a fee for Marosi, even if it was £100k. Wilson I assume is on a pittance so happy for him to stay as backup but a new first choice is definitely needed.

We need a keeper that can command his area and isn't afraid to come for the high ball.

Sick Boy

Had some horrific games. Portsmouth away. Rotherham away. Dropped a worse one in vs Rotherham at home than Wilson's today.
Was found out this season. Some could see that even before his injury - Robins included (although some couldn’t and wouldn't!!)
He’s still a superior ‘keeper to Wilson.

TomRad85

He was fine on the whole last season, and the one or two times we saw Wilson he looked like what he still is now. A clown.

SAJ

Wilson hasn’t been the better of the 2 he’s cost us so many times and got away with even more. It’s baffling that he still plays.
Think the figures say something totally different Wilson has played about 600 minutes more than Marosi and conceded about 9 goals less.

PVA

Marosi was the starting keeper for the team that won league 1, yet bizarrely you seem to rate Wilson more highly.

I'd love you to point out where I said I rate Wilson more highly. Because I've never said that.

But the fact is Wilson has had a better season than Marosi, hence why he's in the team.

skyblue1991

Wilson is not the answer long term but would rather have him as a number 2 to a new Keeper than Marosi.

John Ruddy is a good shout

TomRad85

I'd love you to point out where I said I rate Wilson more highly. Because I've never said that.

But the fact is Wilson has had a better season than Marosi, hence why he's in the team.
No you just allude to it.

TomRad85

Burge and Wilson are both shite. Marosi was average til he got his face caved in, now he seems pretty shite too. So to summarise a keeper is a priority yes.

shepardo01

He’s still a superior ‘keeper to Wilson.
This season he has not been.
Hence why Robins has picked him over Marosi frequently.
As we keep saying, neither are number one quality if we want to progress. This has been highlighted this season.
Yes it's stats. And as someone who has a bit of experience here, I hate the stock phase "good shot stopper", but Wilson is that over Marosi.
He will come for more that those that are a foot off his line too. Different to Marosi.
Marosis last game, can't remember who it was against, some of his footwork accross the goal was poor too. He got away with it.
Yes, Wilsons error today was basic and poor but. His decision last week was the correct one, but not on the StAndrews pitch....on which he should know better.

But, on the Whole, marginally, very marginally, (he'll save more shots than Marosi) he edges it this season.

TomRad85

Marosi is the better keeper but Wilson has had a better season.

Marosi has been total shit whereas Wilson has been quite shit.
Fair enough. I'm not sure Wilson has been better this season, based on not thinking Marosi really did anything wrong up until the Welsh fuckers did him in. We did concede a lot but we were playing very open up until that very game. I don't remember him really being at fault for any.
On the other hand I think Wilson does bonkers things like both this week and last week, well pretty much every week but he's often been very very lucky in getting away with it.
All about opinions though so fair play. At least we both agree a new keeper is needed.

PVA

Fair enough. I'm not sure Wilson has been better this season, based on not thinking Marosi really did anything wrong up until the Welsh fuckers did him in. We did concede a lot but we were playing very open up until that very game. I don't remember him really being at fault for any.
On the other hand I think Wilson does bonkers things like both this week and last week, well pretty much every week but he's often been very very lucky in getting away with it.
All about opinions though so fair play. At least we both agree a new keeper is needed.

Agreed 👍🏻

Offhegoes

One needs to be moved to No 2 next season. Marosi is more likely to have interest, so he goes. Wilson back up and. Cup goalie, and we get an experienced guy in. Stockdale/ Ruddy etc

larry_david

Comparing marosi or Wilson this season is like conparing a kick in the nuts or a kick in the teeth. Both fucking hurt you and neither are good for you long term

Adge

The amount of stick Burge (rightly so) recieved should also apply then to Wilson. Both not good enough in the Championship and Burge has proved over the years that he’s not good enough even in L1.

Users who are viewing this thread