Priority is a new keeper

Ccfcisparks

May 13, 2011
This is interesting......
;)
I'd take him for a season certainly, although lack of match sharpness is a concern. Number 1 on my list is Ruddy.

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
Did he play two games for us on loan in League One? Because if not, he'll never convince the fans he's better than Stockdale.

• Haha
Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

shepardo01

Jul 16, 2011
Difference between maybe 20 minutes once upon a time, and a full season, though.

As I said, no clue myself, haven't seen much of him for the past five years(!) so got to trust the manager he's still up to it.
Totally agree.
As a note, Would be training daily with top class players and other international gks.
Although i do know that there are previous links to this!

Frostie

Jan 31, 2011
I believe we made enquiries about Grant in January. I'd have been happy with that as a short term fix then but at 38 years old & only played 4 games in 4 years he's not one I'd be looking at to be first choice now.

Not sure on the clamour for Ruddy either tbh. Is it just because he's a big name? His performances absolutely fell off a cliff a few years back with a string of horrendous errors. I'd have real concerns over him too.

Reactions: fernandopartridge

shepardo01

Jul 16, 2011
I believe we made enquiries about Grant in January. I'd have been happy with that as a short term fix then but at 38 years old & only played 4 games in 4 years he's not one I'd be looking at to be first choice now.

Not sure on the clamour for Ruddy either tbh. Is it just because he's a big name? His performances absolutely fell off a cliff a few years back with a string of horrendous errors. I'd have real concerns over him too.
Yes we did. Agree about the possibility of it being a short term fix.

Stockdale and Ruddy not the answer either, as I've said, someone like Iversen from Leicester would be an idea.

Ccfcisparks

May 13, 2011

Living in Wolves I’ve watched a lot of their games with friends. He typically starts in the cup for them and doesn’t look out of place. I think he’d be a safer signing that a young keeper.

Frostie

Jan 31, 2011
Yes we did. Agree about the possibility of it being a short term fix.

Stockdale and Ruddy not the answer either, as I've said, someone like Iversen from Leicester would be an idea.
Someone of Iversen's ilk would definitely be preferable but it'd likely need to be a loan or a big fee which would rule us out. I'd be surprised if Preston don't try to take him again next year.
I like Joe Bursik but not sure Stoke would want to loan to a team in same division either.

I'd prefer a goalkeeper we own & can invest in his development but they're probably the hardest position to recruit for.

Reactions: Northeast sky blue

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
Just looked at the released list of 19 championship keepers. At 30 Nyland, ex Villa sticks out for me. Would be a great option.

Reactions: Saddlebrains

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
Might help us sign Ostigard too :)

Magwitch1

Feb 28, 2021
What about Christian Walton apparently being released by Brighton only 25 about 6ft 5” and potentially a long future and should have future value. Going for experience keepers in their mid to late thirties is very expensive and short term in a lot of cases.
That might help the Osti situation too....and Viktor Gyokeres...and Danny Cashman.🙃

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
What about Christian Walton apparently being released by Brighton only 25 about 6ft 5” and potentially a long future and should have future value. Going for experience keepers in their mid to late thirties is very expensive and short term in a lot of cases.
That might help the Osti situation too....and Viktor Gyokeres...and Danny Cashman.🙃
Decent shout that.

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Walton is wanted by Luton as he was there on loan, which suggests he’d be in our wage budget. He’s who I’d go for. But for bad luck with injuries he’d be Brighton’s number one right now, but got injured just as his chance came and the Spanish keeper who was behind him took his chance.

SBAndy

Mar 20, 2011
Walton is wanted by Luton as he was there on loan, which suggests he’d be in our wage budget. He’s who I’d go for. But for bad luck with injuries he’d be Brighton’s number one right now, but got injured just as his chance came and the Spanish keeper who was behind him took his chance.
Find it interesting that he’s linked to Luton, who spent over £1m on their current keeper.