Priority is a new keeper (1 Viewer)

South West Sky Blue

I’ve always liked Marosi. Seem to remember an interview with him early this season where he was being questioned why he wasn’t in the Slovakian squad, as CCFC fans seemed to think he should be.
Not sure any / many of us had concerns about him until 6 months ago.
Wilson on the other hand is someone who I don’t think many would have wanted as first choice. Capable of the exceptional, but prone to the embarrassing.
MR has known for several months that he’ll have to bring in at least one new keeper. It’s just been damage limitation with tied hands in the mean time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think the figures say something totally different Wilson has played about 600 minutes more than Marosi and conceded about 9 goals less.

We did change our style a bit when Wilson came in. Marosi plays the ball with his feet and the faster speed of press in this league didn't help that. Plus when he distributed to defenders they were all too often caught in possession. When Wilson came in he wasn't bothered about just clearing the lines if necessary so we had less possession but playing higher up the pitch and away from danger.

Wilson has made a few great saves, esp in the last few games, but he's also prone to gifting an easy chance too often by dropping a cross etc. Also due to him being more likely to come for stuff like that than Marosi who does stay on his line more. I think Marosi's injury has made him even more reluctant to come for balls.

We'll be looking for a new keeper and I reckon we'd let Wilson go for free if someone wanted him but Marosi i reckon we'd want a small fee for. Can't see us replacing both with new signings and I reckon the club will be looking for Billson to progress to number 2 if they did both go.

letsallsingtogether

Wilson has made a few brilliant saves recently then has a howler, I guess it happens but it's frustrating. Do we think he will learn and get better?
No because every GK has a howler it's just one of those things.
Oggy had a few howlers in his time but was still one of the best keepers in the league.

wingy

You are correct my mistake from me dear old mums bingo days 5 and 9 the Brighton line is the number or numbers of the bus or train from London to Brighton always assumed it was the road number, all good fun, always hated bingo.
Likewise picked it up from Sunday nights at the club Lol.
Railway I think .
Ended up calling for my local club for a couple of years.

wingy

What club ? Coachmakers was ours bingo Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday mornings mainly for the men. shop window on Tuesdays concerts Sundays and packed every night !
Berkswell British legion.
Sure it was played more than once a week but Sundays are what I remember.
Darts, Snooker Tuesdays.
Shooting club Thursdays .
Pool replacing snooker eventually.

Adge

Darts, Snooker Tuesdays.
And a game of Bagatelle and dominoes on Sunday.

Magwitch1

Darts, Snooker Tuesdays.
My old mum god test her was an original bingo queen, every night, Stanton club, Rialto, Cox Street, Coaches, Brassworkers all gone now. She won the second house on opening night at the Savoy Radford Road mid-sixties which had converted from a bowling alley, £100 quid big money in those days. All houses that opening night were £100 and walked home to Sandy Lane.

letsallsingtogether

What club ? Coachmakers was ours bingo Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday mornings mainly for the men. shop window on Tuesdays concerts Sundays and packed every night !
I worked at the coachmakers for 4 years.

Magwitch1

In those days 60s/70s/80s every club was packed especially Thursday (payday) Friday, Saturday & Sunday lunch time, where do they go now ?

wingy

Used to love if you played up in a social club and it would be "you will be up in front of the committee"
Yes poor old committee folk had to be the police when it got too lairy ,or falling over tanked up.
Always mostly civil though,very rare.
Mainly repeat offenders lol.

Last edited:

higgs

Terrible goal to concede nobody challenging him apart from his own two players has got to be stronger and claim it. Stockdale comes out and takes that all day long

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

Disagree with the opinion that stockdale is the answer. Yes, he is better than wilson and marosi, but too much of a sideways step to be a good signing imo
He's experienced and not going to cost much ticks all the boxes for me if we got two seasons out of him without using a big chunk of our budget

pipkin73

He's experienced and not going to cost much ticks all the boxes for me if we got two seasons out of him without using a big chunk of our budget

Oggy said that Wycombes results have been better of late and that is since Stockdale has been in goal. Poor team but they now have 40 points the same as the others so they have improved.

Warwickhunt

My old mum god test her was an original bingo queen, every night, Stanton club, Rialto, Cox Street, Coaches, Brassworkers all gone now. She won the second house on opening night at the Savoy Radford Road mid-sixties which had converted from a bowling alley, £100 quid big money in those days. All houses that opening night were £100 and walked home to Sandy Lane.
Talking my era now Mags!

Hobo

Our keepers make tonnes of mistakes proportional to everybody elses

So do our defenders. Its part and parcel of being a bottom 7 club which we have been this season and where always going to be.

I think we will only see 4 or 5 come in this summer so getting the recruitment right will be key. We need an upgrade in keeper. Someone with experience and a voice. It should be one of the easier positions to improve on relatively cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread