Match Thread Portsmouth vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 22nd Apr (3 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I would have kept brown in the squad and left out McCallum he is way ahead of him and is far better defensively

SkyBlueSoul

Isn't it the same sort of formation as we play? Hawkins up front with Lowe out wide, Evans the other side and Pitman just behind?

Basically yeah, they’ve played 4-2-3-1 most of the season.

Said I’d take a draw on the other thread, going for 2-2. Portsmouth are good but we’ve got a fairly settled line up that have scored a few goals recently.

cc84cov

Bright is the key today if he’s on form we can pull this off keep it tight at the back and take our chances strikers need to be clinical.

Come on Lads PUSB !!!

clint van damme

Has to be have been told he can move on in the summer. Hope that's the end of experimenting with signing players on their way back from knee injuries too. Already got Jones and Biamou to ease back in next season. Not enough space in the squad if we're to bring through the next wave of youngsters too.

but I can't understand why he's now decided to not to even have him on the bench. We've still got a slim chance of the play offs and we've got a tough game today, surely he would be a better back up option than McCallum?

chiefdave

Same as Grimmer I guess. Letting them just drift away.
If he's playing McCallum ahead of him then you assume he's on the way out. He can't be on big wages and at his age another season sitting around being 3rd choice could do serious damage to his chances of finding another club down the line.

stupot07

Come on city!!!! Let's get get the 3 points and all the pressure will be on Doncaster tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

samccov1987

Sky just stated there has been a thaw in the stand off between sisu and wasps. No detail mentioned but seemed a strange thing to come out with unsubstantiated.

Esoterica

Always bizarre for me when Cov games are shown on domestic TV out here. Today's coverage starts at the kick off minute - god forbid any studio guest has to learn something about non-PL footy!

Gibbo

Sky just stated there has been a thaw in the stand off between sisu and wasps. No detail mentioned but seemed a strange thing to come out with unsubstantiated.
If so, it will confirm what many of here have assumed, that much of the recent goings ons were all about negotiating.
The question will be which side blinked? Was it Wasps (lost revenue because CCFC have a viable ground share option), or SISU (lost court action). Or both. CCFC's recent PR blitz since the accounts were filed have been obvious negotiating ploys.

Great_Expectations

I don’t see this as one sided as others on the thread. We really shouldn’t be worried about anyone, we’ve said all season we have some very good technical players, and with MR allowing them to be more offensive recently I think we have a strong chance today.

Especially as the players have to be up for it, slim as it is, surely the potential of play offs has to be a big motivator for them.

1-2 City, Hiwula and Bright. Plus Burge to have a stormer.

Nick

Administrator
Their left back looks like Thomas should have him in his pocket if he is on his game.

Nick

Administrator
Bakayoko loves to over pressure, to the point he wipes them out!

"Let him know you are there" to a new level.

Users who are viewing this thread