Match Thread PNE (A) Weds 20th Oct, 7.45 (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Sold 950 and there's pay on the day too .

Be about 1100/1200 I'd imagine

Happy with that if I'm totally honest

Thsts phenomenal support considering. Just had a big away few days earlier.

If this was sandwiched between 2 home games. Would have been over 2k easy.

usskyblue

1-1. Have to come from behind again

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

CBS16

The support this season has been phenomenal, just imagine the hysteria if we're still around top 6 in 4 or 5 months time !

Londonccfcfan

Assuming Vik isnt fit.

2 strikers hasn't really worked away from home. We have been generally over run in midfield and the wings. I'd pack the midfield with runners and pressers. Keep it tight try to nick a goal.

Hamer, Kelly
O'hare, Allen
Walker.

Then 2nd half bring on Waghorn.

Brighton Sky Blue

Assuming Vik isnt fit.

2 strikers hasn't really worked away from home. We have been generally over run in midfield and the wings. I'd pack the midfield with runners and pressers. Keep it tight try to nick a goal.

Hamer, Kelly
O'hare, Allen
Walker.

Walker on his own up front is probably the last thing I’d go for

Marty

We'll struggle with holding the ball up front with just Walker, going to have to play Waghorn and Walker together, would go Kane at RWB, Walker thrives on the kind of balls Kane puts in.

Think we should be having words with the FA too, player gets banned for anticipating contact and going down, then the next match, our star striker nearly has his ankle snapped and nothing happens. Absolute joke.

Londonccfcfan

Walker on his own up front is probably the last thing I’d go for

Its not ideal. He will be confident and there should be enough from Ohare And Allen to support him.

The danger is play 2 up front and it still dont stick and we get over run in midfield. Like we have been away from home vs Luton and (QPR 2nd half Godden/Walker) blackburn first half and the last 15 mins when we were stretched.

Maybe he will go for the jugular and play 2 upfront.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its not ideal. He will be confident and there should be enough from Ohare And Allen to support him.

The danger is play 2 up front and it still dont stick and we get over run in midfield. Like we have been away from home vs Luton and (QPR 2nd half Godden/Walker) blackburn first half and the last 15 mins when we were stretched.

Maybe he will go for the jugular and play 2 upfront.

If we're going 1 up then it should be Waghorn, better at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play. The problem in the past with this system is the midfield not getting up quickly enough to support the forward combined with O'Hare's dire finishing.

shmmeee

If we're going 1 up then it should be Waghorn, better at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play. The problem in the past with this system is the midfield not getting up quickly enough to support the forward combined with O'Hare's dire finishing.

Waghorn on his own and I’d worry where the goals are coming from TBH. Waghorn and Walker if Vik isn’t around for me.

Waghorn can play slightly deeper anyway but less likely to get dragged into DM when we’re under the cosh like Allen.

Brighton Sky Blue

Waghorn on his own and I’d worry where the goals are coming from TBH. Waghorn and Walker if Vik isn’t around for me.

Waghorn can play slightly deeper anyway but less likely to get dragged into DM when we’re under the cosh like Allen.

This is if we were going with 1 up top, which isn't my preference most of the time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah mine neither but it remains that our only away win has come using the box. Though I’d much rather see it with Vik than without.

As would I but if he isn't available and it's Walker or Waghorn I'd pick the latter and emphasise to the midfield they have to get forward quickly to support him when he gets the ball

TomRad85

As would I but if he isn't available and it's Walker or Waghorn I'd pick the latter and emphasise to the midfield they have to get forward quickly to support him when he gets the ball
That would be a low scoring 11 on the pitch, would end up like last season when we played them off the park and lost.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

That would be a low scoring 11 on the pitch, would end up like last season when we played them off the park and lost.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Well with Godden and Gyo out we're going to be struggling for goals regardless. Walker on his own up front will struggle, Waghorn can lead a line but he isn't a goalscorer. Play them both and sod's law says one gets injured.

better days

The attritional nature of Championship football with so many games in a short time frame might mean one or two changes will be needed for this one

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Assuming Vik isnt fit.

Hamer, Kelly
O'hare, Allen
Walker.

Walker up front on his own the ball won't stick. It'd just be coming back at us the entire game. Walker is good in the box getting on the end of crosses and through balls. As a lone striker having to scrap for stuff it'd be useless. Easiest day of the season for their CB's.

Allen and O'Hare would have the work rate but they'd never be near enough to him to be of any use so they'd just be chasing down Preston players because they'd have already won it off Walker.

One up top we're inviting them to have the initiative and that's not how we play. We play to control the game, not score on the breakaway.

Frostie

giphy.gif

Find that amazing given how much we try and keep possession. How bad must the teams that do play on the counter be at it?

Bearing in mind we only scored 1 counter attack goal all last season it's been a huge improvement.

Currently we also rank 6th for possession this term, able to keep the ball but break with such pace, enthusiasm & quality.
It's an incredible style we're playing, particularly at home, & other teams just can't handle it at the moment.
Long may it continue!

Users who are viewing this thread