Match Thread PNE (A) Weds 20th Oct, 7.45 (1 Viewer)

Northants Sky Blue

If the Gyoks fit give Allen a start and return to the 1-0 box from Blackpool game
If he's not give the W+W strikeforce a spin

That's how important the big-man is in how we set up at the mo 👊

lordy_87

Would go Waghorn and Walker up top. I think with a central midfield pairing of Hamer and Kelly the risks of being overran in midfield are not as likely. Could even bench O'Hare for Allen as CAM, but with him he'll drop deep and help out defensively.

Then bring O'Hare on second half to run them ragged.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If the Gyoks fit give Allen a start and return to the 1-0 box from Blackpool game
If he's not give the W+W strikeforce a spin

That's how important the big-man is in how we set up at the mo 👊

Not sure I'd want Gyo having all that extra running around on what will be at the very least a sore ankle and risk aggravating it even if he is fit enough to start.

Two up top for me regardless of whether Gyo is fit or not.

Happy_Martian

As others have said, I'm expecting Vik to have a rest for the game. Wagz and Walker up front but as Wagz and Vik play the same style, the attacking threat is still there. It starts to be threadbare if one of those two need to be subbed. Would like to see Kelly and Sheaf in CM with Hamer pushed forward in place of COH. Hamer won't have the work rate of COH but his passing ability will create opportunities for the 2 forwards.

All in all, we have the team to beat Preston. But I'm still not convinced the team have enough belief in themselves away from home. The next win will give them a boost. Until then, the fear will always be if we don't score, we'll lose.

So I'll stick to my guns of predicting defeat with a 2-1 home win for Preston.

Londonccfcfan

Think Robins also mentioned JCS was back out of isolation on Monday . So i think he will be involved. Rose back on the bench.

Robins during the last midweek game gave McFadz a rest after 70 mins ish. Although we were 5 nil down then.

Hopefully we will 2 or 3 nil up this time.

Londonccfcfan

We would assume the team will travelling up tommorow morning/afternoon.

Robins will probably be at the Derby game today ahead of the weekend.

Happy_Martian

Nice touch by Preston for their game against Derby. They've dropped all prices to £5 including for away fans and will be donating all monies to charities supported by their owner, who passed away last week. Any purchases of full price tickets will be valid for a refund of the difference or if the buyer is willing, they can forfeit the refund and all the money will be donated to charity.

harvey098

Think Robins also mentioned JCS was back out of isolation on Monday . So i think he will be involved. Rose back on the bench.

Robins during the last midweek game gave McFadz a rest after 70 mins ish. Although we were 5 nil down then.

Rose has been poor for about 18 months now but it woukd be a bit harsh on him after his two literal goal saving moments last game. Think he’s earned another start.

Skybluebeliever

Yes and then staying up after the game , travel back Thursday morning to ryton
This will give the players a good nights sleep after the game
Derby play tonight so have extra day to recover

Skybluebeliever

Rose will keep his place with JCH on bench
Maatson in for Kane
Hamer in for sheaf
Victor is fine

no_loyalty

Nice touch by Preston for their game against Derby. They've dropped all prices to £5 including for away fans and will be donating all monies to charities supported by their owner, who passed away last week. Any purchases of full price tickets will be valid for a refund of the difference or if the buyer is willing, they can forfeit the refund and all the money will be donated to charity.

They are also doing a 3 for 2 ticket offer for their next three home games, maybe something we could do in the future?

JAM See

Users who are viewing this thread