Match Thread PNE (A) Weds 20th Oct, 7.45 (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

He is overall TBF. I wish we could put Kanes end product on him though.

Just that ball in mate yes I agree ,I just feel we move forward better as a team with dabo and his engine helps us defensively too ..

I also see after blackburn that we missed maatson despite his flaws , he seems integral at this point

Skybluebeliever

Think Kane is unlucky there. Already got twice the assists of Dabo is less than half the minutes on the pitch.
Think Kane has been a good addition to the squad with his experience and ability to play in numerous positions
Still think we will look for a left footed defender in January , it showed on Saturday we are lacking in that area

Sky Blue Pete

Think Kane has been a good addition to the squad with his experience and ability to play in numerous positions
Still think we will look for a left footed defender in January , it showed on Saturday we are lacking in that area
Shows how far we’ve come really doesn’t it

We knew Maatsen was out but then we lose Jcs to Covid, godden to suspension and Hamer not fit

We fight back for 2-2 and we think we should have won

We played without a natural left sided defender with rose and kane and they did more than ok

That’s a good side / squad that

Great_Expectations

Pleased to have Maasten back, I think the difference will be massive - and not just because he’s left footed. His willingness to get forward helps push us up field and he’s an outlet. Defensively he’s learning but he’s more than capable. Not sure how he has doubters.

Gyokeres and Walker is an interesting combo; the best all round striker (by a mile) and our best poacher type forward. Walker’s strengths are his movement and finishing, perhaps Gyokeres next to him makes up for all the other elements he doesn’t have/do.

Kane has a good final ball, but Dabo is streaks ahead in the WB role. As with Maasten he helps push us forward and is an outlet.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, especially as I had to miss Saturday. I hate international break.

2-0, Gyokeres and Maasten.

Saddlebrains

Wont be suprised to see this called off.

Pissing down all day in Preston and they're not renowned for the best pitch.

Mcbean

Tough game and wet to boot - hopefully a point no injuries and no red cards - ifollow for me tonight - how long since we won here nearly as long as I can remember

slowpoke

It is certainly a bogey ground. Even in the all conquering Jimmy Hill days I can’t remember winning there, the only thing I remember from my only trip to Deepdale in the 60s was seats on our coach catching fire but that’s another story.

fernandopartridge

It is certainly a bogey ground. Even in the all conquering Jimmy Hill days I can’t remember winning there, the only thing I remember from my only trip to Deepdale in the 60s was seats on our coach catching fire but that’s another story.
We last won there in 1966 under Jimmy Hill

Brighton Sky Blue

I get that Dabo is the established favourite yet I think folks need to be more open regards whether Kane is genuinely on a par or not in terms of if his inclusion affects our game.

His delivery is better but he needs more time to get the same cohesion with the rest of the side that Dabo has. Just needs time

procdoc

Modern day pitches these days can withstand most whether conditions so I don’t think it will be in any danger of being called off

Users who are viewing this thread