Paul Cook (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

The whining excuse is Robins has achieved promotions and now has a poor team and its not his fault. Robins has spent more on one player than Gould on the entire squad in a higher league.

Phil Neal achieved a top flight finish of 11th

Robins has never to be knowledge achieved that
Ridiculous statement - have you heard of inflation?

Grendel

Your answer is Kenny Jackett. He’d have set us out 4-5-1 last night, which you were salivating over, we’d be lumping it up to Walker when that system requires a Juke type player to be even remotely effective. We’d score perhaps once every other game and go down on <40 points.

What your posts have highlighted particularly this season is your footballing judgment is miles off and I say that having previously agreed with it in seasons gone by

You don't need to lump it up - under Mowbray we often played Fortune and Murphy wide in a 3 and Armstrong in the middle.

Teams with limited abilities playing 3 at the back are asking for trouble

DannyThomas_1981

The whining excuse is Robins has achieved promotions and now has a poor team and its not his fault. Robins has spent more on one player than Gould on the entire squad in a higher league.

Phil Neal achieved a top flight finish of 11th

Robins has never to be knowledge achieved that

You want Phil Neal back to replace Robins? Jesus Christ - even by your ridiculous standards that's amazing.

I can't believe I'm even having this debate. Phil Neal inherited a team that was established in the top flight for over 30 years. He did ok here but to be brutally honest his overall coaching/management record doesn't stand up to much.

Just as a comparison.......Robins has taken a team in free-fall from L2 to the Champ (that's two promotions in 3 seasons) and the team is now facing a very sharp adjustment to life in a much higher quality division. But let's bring back Phil?

Brighton Sky Blue

You don't need to lump it up - under Mowbray we often played Fortune and Murphy wide in a 3 and Armstrong in the middle.

Teams with limited abilities playing 3 at the back are asking for trouble

Jackett would be lumping it up. You say it’s asking for trouble yet by HT we had just conceded once in 3 games. It’s individual errors that cost goals not the setup. The central 3 in front of the defence also can provide cover when we’re out of possession.

That system last night was just poor

Grendel

You want Phil Neal back to replace Robins? Jesus Christ - even by your ridiculous standards that's amazing.

I can't believe I'm even having this debate. Phil Neal inherited a team that was established in the top flight for over 30 years. He did ok here but to be brutally honest his overall coaching/management record doesn't stand up to much.

Just as a comparison.......Robins has taken a team in free-fall from L2 to the Champ (that's two promotions in 3 seasons) and the team is now facing a very sharp adjustment to life in a much higher quality division. But let's bring back Phil?

I don't want Phil Neal back and I don't think we had the same team for 30 years

I assume by your logic Graham Turner was a great manager for Wolves - a real legend and better than Nunez?

SeaSeeEffCee

If we persist with the system that created one 'shot' on target all evening (if you can even call that a shot) then we may as well pack it in now. We'd actually looked decent going forward in the three previous games yet last night we didn't look like we'd have scored if we were still playing now.

Grendel

Jackett would be lumping it up. You say it’s asking for trouble yet by HT we had just conceded once in 3 games. It’s individual errors that cost goals not the setup. The central 3 in front of the defence also can provide cover when we’re out of possession.

That system last night was just poor

Again you associate managers with football styles that are not actually what they do. You seem to want us to go gung ho when we concede 2 every game

Brighton Sky Blue

If we persist with the system that created one 'shot' on target all evening (if you can even call that a shot) then we may as well pack it in now. We'd actually looked decent going forward in the three previous games yet last night we didn't look like we'd have scored if we were still playing now.

Question is does MR persist with it or admit it was a mistake.

Grendel

Question is does MR persist with it or admit it was a mistake.

So you would just carry on losing games? Didnt you say when we last lost 3-2 can we just be relegated now as that formation concedes too many goals?

Brighton Sky Blue

Again you associate managers with football styles that are not actually what they do. You seem to want us to go gung ho when we concede 2 every game

It isn’t a gung ho system is it, it’s flexible and affords protection to the 3 centre backs while giving us actual options going forward as demonstrated by us scoring 6 in 3 with many more sitters going begging. We aren’t getting overrun with it, we’re making stupid mistakes or conceding from set pieces which are nothing to do with the formation.

As said above your judgment is way off if you think 4-5-1 is the answer

Brighton Sky Blue

So you would just carry on losing games? Didnt you say when we last lost 3-2 can we just be relegated now as that formation concedes too many goals?

I didn’t say that formation concedes too many goals. It was after we just conceded an own goal after missing sitters prior

Grendel

It isn’t a gung ho system is it, it’s flexible and affords protection to the 3 centre backs while giving us actual options going forward as demonstrated by us scoring 6 in 3 with many more sitters going begging. We aren’t getting overrun with it, we’re making stupid mistakes or conceding from set pieces which are nothing to do with the formation.

As said above your judgment is way off if you think 4-5-1 is the answer

We are conceding goals because of the system - also Roy seem to be backtracking and want biamou back in the team

DannyThomas_1981

I don't want Phil Neal back and I don't think we had the same team for 30 years

I assume by your logic Graham Turner was a great manager for Wolves - a real legend and better than Nunez?

You are now comparing Nunez to Phil Neal?

Please. Just for once stop the stupidity and give yourself and everyone else a break. Just have a day off - It's not really a big ask is it?

Grendel

I didn’t say that formation concedes too many goals. It was after we just conceded an own goal after missing sitters prior

How many goals did we concede with this formation. Oh and before you say they missed chances check the stats for other games where we did concede 2 or 3 compared to last night

Grendel

You are now comparing Nunez to Phil Neal?

Please. Just for once stop the stupidity and give yourself and everyone else a break. Just have a day off - It's not really a big ask is it?

No I’m saying if you were a wolves fan deploring your argument Nunez is a less capable manager than graham Turner as Turner did exactly what robins did as a manager

Brighton Sky Blue

How many goals did we concede with this formation. Oh and before you say they missed chances check the stats for other games where we did concede 2 or 3 compared to last night

Birmingham were shit too G and hoofed up to Juke-funnily enough also going for the same turgid guff we were attempting

Grendel

We got lucky is why we kept the clean sheets mate better teams will rip that system to pieces

Better teans Have ripped the other system to pieces

Grendel

Birmingham were shit too G and hoofed up to Juke-funnily enough also going for the same turgid guff we were attempting

You seem obsessed with one dimensional long ball - they had wide players and our crosses in - they are a better team than us

Brighton Sky Blue

You seem obsessed with one dimensional long ball - they had wide players and our crosses in - they are a better team than us

You’re praising a system where we created absolutely nothing and still made mistakes. Cardiff will have nothing to trouble them, likewise Norwich. Back to the powder puff Middlesbrough performance

DannyThomas_1981

No I’m saying if you were a wolves fan deploring your argument Nunez is a less capable manager than graham Turner as Turner did exactly what robins did as a manager

Jesus Christ - I know what you are trying to say.

But let's look at a few fundamental flaws in your argument in comparing Neal and Nunez in this scenario: 1. Nunez got Wolves promoted to the Premiership 2. Two consecutive 7th place finishes in the Premiership 3. Quarter finals in Europe. Got it?

Grendel

You’re praising a system where we created absolutely nothing and still made mistakes. Cardiff will have nothing to trouble them, likewise Norwich. Back to the powder puff Middlesbrough performance
Oh it was robins system - are you saying you know better?

Grendel

Jesus Christ - I know what you are trying to say.

But let's look at a few fundamental flaws in your argument in comparing Neal and Nunez in this scenario: 1. Nunez got Wolves promoted to the Premiership 2. Two consecutive 7th place finishes in the Premiership 3. Quarter finals in Europe. Got it?

Im not comparing Phil Neal FFS I’m comparing a wolves manager whose got promoted twice and one who hasn’t - with wolves!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We got lucky is why we kept the clean sheets mate better teams will rip that system to pieces

Oh I agree entirely. Juke should've scored a couple. But it wasn't about what I think, it was what will MR do and IMO he'll stick with it, citing the reasons I gave regardless of how fortunate the fact they came about are or the things we've lost as a result.

He must've spent a fair bit of time over the break getting that system worked on so to then abandon it entirely with a game in midweek I can't see happening.

besides against the next two opposition it may be slightly beneficial as I think they're likely to dominate those games anyway.

Trouble is if it works we get into winnable games in Dec and he sticks with it if it works and that'll be a mistake and we could fail to get stuff out of three or four winnable games by not trying to impose ourselves against them.

Although I obv want to get stuff from every game possible I am wondering if he sticks with it, would it be better to be poor against teams like Cardiff we're less likely to win so the system gets dumped and we try to attack more in those more winnable games?

Ideally I hope MR recognises it's limitations and intends to enter those games with more intent, but I'd have classified Brum as one of those games and he went for the solidity and totally curtailed our attack.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh it was robins system - are you saying you know better?

I called for a 5-3-2 a day after the Boro game, with tactical reasons. Robins goes with it the following game and we win. Then we throw away 3 points at Forest and another one at Watford missing sitters and giving away two comical penalties. His answer is to take out our attacking threat while keeping the defensive mistakes.

You lapped it up which says all we need to know

SeaSeeEffCee

I called for a 5-3-2 a day after the Boro game, with tactical reasons. Robins goes with it the following game and we win. Then we throw away 3 points at Forest and another one at Watford missing sitters and giving away two comical penalties. His answer is to take out our attacking threat while keeping the defensive mistakes.

You lapped it up which says all we need to know
The only real reason he's praising it so much is that he's been banging the drum for four at the back all season and thinks that if he pretends we played well last night then it makes him look clever.

Brighton Sky Blue

The only real reason he's praising it so much is that he's been banging the drum for four at the back all season and thinks that if he pretends we played well last night then it makes him look clever.

My view has been we should start games 5-3-2, the revert to the box if we need to keep it tight or go 4-3-3 if we need to chase the game. Yesterday’s stodgy stuff looks like it might be a better option for seeing games out but never to start with

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread