Paul Cook (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

If we fail to beat Wycombe, Rotherham or Luton everyone here will soon change their tune.

Brighton Sky Blue

Some were calling last night’s display sublime, which completely baffles me. Then again others are now increasingly calling for a change of manager, which also baffles me. Look at how the games have actually gone since changing to 5-3-2. Moments of individual madness and missing sitters have cost us 4 points from the games we ended up losing.

This is also without the ideal pairing of Godden/Walker and with McCallum at RWB for the two games we lost. We had a central 3 who were performing well as a combination and even the poor Biamou was better as a partner up top than nobody. Robins like his players needs to have more courage.

Hertsccfc

Mate, I spend thousands travelling with this club every year, I've watched us appoint bad manager after bad manager and I'm not prepared to go through the cycle again... Full stop

It wouldn't be just, and it wouldn't be in the clubs best interest to sack Mark Robins

I'd rather stick my dick in a meat blender than go through that again
Was going to like this post until I read the final sentence!

clint van damme

Keep their reputation, get a move to a bigger club, don't get a reputation as unable to work at a higher level.

Two fine examples, Warnock and McCarthy. Both taken clubs to promotion when others hadn't, punched above their weight - the inevitable happens and the clubs are relegated, struggle, and the call goes out that they're incapable of managing at that level, so they get typecast as getting jobs at fading clubs who want to pull their budgets in.

Better,last season, for Robins to have heroically missed out on promotion, narrowly, and then have a half-decent start this season, get a job at a better funded club in this division, go on to be successful.

The day Ipswich sacked McCarthy I put few quid on them to go down at 7/2.

His remit was to cut their wage bill while simultaneously challenging for the play off which he was doing but the fans didn't like the playing style!
Look where that got them. Our support are behaving in a similar vein.

leeskyblue

Robins all the way for me whatever happens! Although at times he might not get things right tactically, he has picked this club of the floor together with the coaching team and got us back to where we realistically we belong. We knew this season would be tough but don’t forget we have players in this team that were with us in league 2 - they are still learning and I’m confident we will see them improve. The Reading game, 2nd half v Forest and parts of Watford game show me we can get better. KEEP THE FAITH

clint van damme

Robins as admitted many a time this team are good enough so if he can’t get them performing im sure he will be asking himself why also

Yeah, he should have come out in.public and said they haven't got a cat in hells chance of staying up - fuck me.

Evo1883

What if we ended with a lower points tally than the the Thorn season?

I dont know? Stick with our model and try again with the knowledge that we have from this season and try and improve on it going forward... Rather than pull the trigger and go through years of utter shite that spirals into non stop underachieving?..... Maybe

NorthernWisdom

His remit was to cut their wage bill while simultaneously challenging for the play off which he was doing but the fans didn't like the playing style!
It's often be careful what you wish for. Curbishley at Charlton is a fine example where it went pear shaped once he went. They, incidentally, kept faith with him earlier after they were relegated following a promotion, and saw success further down the line because he was installing a system, and a way of working...

Hey, even we did similar. It's easy to look back and say the board were crazy to sack Sillett, but there were increasing mumblings of discontent about him.

clint van damme

If we fail to beat Wycombe, Rotherham or Luton everyone here will soon change their tune.

And no doubt if we do beat them you'll change yours.
The difference been some of us will welcome the points where as your over zealous reactionary mind will have you posting about challenging for the play offs!

Grendel

Do you think with hindsight Nottingham Forest are in a better place than they were last season before they sacked Karanka? It's a bit of a nonsense argument

It isn’t as the manager had the same status as robins and fans were wailing as hence he’d been killed

Evo1883

You would think that lessons had been learned from our fans... That the 20 years of spiraling into almost oblivion would put some perspective into their minds... It appears the mindset that's been here since gordan Strachan was sacked is still as vibrant as ever... Such a shame

Liquid Gold

I think this is an exaggeration. I imagine 99% of out fans are behind MR.

Evo1883

The job would not attract someone like Paul Cook, Steve Cotterill would be our sort of level who is a similar manager to Robins

When did Steve cotteral take over a basket case of a club heading into oblivion and compete turn the club around from top to bottom earning 2 promotions and a cup win in 3 years? The answer is never... Robins is clear

cc84cov

The system we used last night is for me an away set up against a good strong side,Cardiff Wednesday we need to go 532 and go out and take the game to them Godden & Walker up front.

Grendel

You would think that lessons had been learned from our fans... That the 20 years of spiraling into almost oblivion would put some perspective into their minds... It appears the mindset that's been here since gordan Strachan was sacked is still as vibrant as ever... Such a shame

The issue with strachan was we didn’t sack him sooner

Skybluefaz

No I won't, because I don't really have any expectations for this season. I think we could be doing better, I think we could be doing worse. For all manner of reasons I give Robins and the team a free shot at it this season. What I don't want to see is our footballing principles abandoned for a Pulis type 442 play it to the big man manager. Who yes, may keep you up but then it's so hard to progress from there. Stick to the principles brought in by Robins, hopefully improve the playing personnel in Jan and do what we can to survive. If not, we gave it our best and I do expect to be bouncing back from league one next season. That's where my expectations would kick in.

clint van damme

I dont know? Stick with our model and try again with the knowledge that we have from this season and try and improve on it going forward... Rather than pull the trigger and go through years of utter shite that spirals into non stop underachieving?..... Maybe

I agree. I can get Grendels reasoning to a point, a relegation can be far more disastrous to us than a lot of clubs but sometimes you've got to just stay calm when everyone is losing their heads and I think that's what the club needs to do.

Evo1883

Ofcourse., but from then on we got it wrong almost every single time and now we've got stability it's worked and we're struggling a bit so fans want to revert back to that obsessive need to change things because that always worked better

SlowerThanPlatt

When did Steve cotteral take over a basket case of a club heading into oblivion and compete turn the club around from top to bottom earning 2 promotions and a cup win in 3 years? The answer is never... Robins is clear

Bristol City were 23rd in the table when he took over, he avoided relegation finished 12th and the next season won the league with 99 points and also the JPT

Grendel

Grendel

Bristol City were 23rd in the table when he took over, he avoided relegation finished 12th and the next season won the league with 99 points and also the JPT

lol

Terry Gibson's perm

The mistake Strachan made was to show to much loyalty to the pathetic Pendry, Vivash shows how important the coach is. But Strachan should have gone the previous season when I might be wrong we didn’t win a single away game.

Evo1883

What's funny, their wage bill pissed the league in itself and it was also league 1.. Cotterill never took bristol from league 2 to the championship... Robins did that with us... And he never once had the biggest wage bill... What's funny

NorthernWisdom

I agree. I can get Grendels reasoning to a point, a relegation can be far more disastrous to us than a lot of clubs but sometimes you've got to just stay calm when everyone is losing their heads and I think that's what the club needs to do.
I'm not convinced it would be. Even our chairman said our model wouldn't work in this division.

A bit of space to actually be able to play the likes of Bapaga and Burroughs, get them some exposure so they get transfers, allow the likes of Hillssner to play and maybe develop (never would at this level) and our finances look a lot better.

In many ways, we promoted a season or two too early really - we needed to grow the club a bit more. (I do appreciated the Ricoh / St Andrews debacle nobbles a lot of the attempts to grow a club organically.)

Grendel

What's funny, their wage bill pissed the league in itself
I'm not convinced it would be. Even our chairman said our model wouldn't work in this division.

A bit of space to actually be able to play the likes of Bapaga and Burroughs, get them some exposure so they get transfers, allow the likes of Hillssner to play and maybe develop (never would at this level) and our finances look a lot better.

In many ways, we promoted a season or two too early really - we needed to grow the club a bit more. (I do appreciated the Ricoh / St Andrews debacle nobbles a lot of the attempts to grow a club organically.)

we’d cease to exist as a realistic competitive club if we are relegated

Users who are viewing this thread