Paul Cook (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Do you think with hindsight Leicester are in a better place when they sacked the guy who won the premier league?
I don’t even see how we even felt we would score last night,O’Hare & Shipley have to be used as impact subs currently walker was on his own,half time needed to be changed we done fuck all until the 70th minute

Liquid Gold

It's just hugely frustrating that we found something that was close to working against better teams and then chucked it all in the bin for no reason and played one of our worst game so far.

Evo1883

Do you think with hindsight Leicester are in a better place when they sacked the guy who won the premier league?

Grendel, its extremely hard to take your opinions of Robins because despite being the most successful manager this club has had for 50 odd years you've never taken to him.

That in itself is strange when you've put up with so much tripe over the years, years and years of wasted cash and empty promises and somebody comes along who has given us something to celebrate you're still trying to look for ways to get him out.

To me it's terrible.

If we don't get it right this season, like Norwich, like Burnley, like other clubs... Robins deserves the opportunity to continue and have another crack... We aren't a big club anymore and he's the best thing to happen to us for a long long time

cc84cov

It's just hugely frustrating that we found something that was close to working against better teams and then chucked it all in the bin for no reason and played one of our worst game so far.
Against a team where our usual system probably would of won the game

Evo1883

Il be honest if Robins gets sacked I won't put my money into the club going forward, it's not as easy as saying yea but somebody else will do a better job... They never do here, and they didn't for 3 decades before him... I ain't waiting 3 more decades for the club to get it right again

Grendel

Grendel, its extremely hard to take your opinions of Robins because despite being the most successful manager this club has had for 50 odd years you've never taken to him.

That in itself is strange when you've put up with so much tripe over the years, years and years of wasted cash and empty promises and somebody comes along who has given us something to celebrate you're still trying to look for ways to get him out.

To me it's terrible.

If we don't get it right this season, like Norwich, like Burnley, like other clubs... Robins deserves the opportunity to continue and have another crack... We aren't a big club anymore and he's the best thing to happen to us for a long long time

I don’t think he’s anywhere near the best manager in 50 years

cc84cov

That set up last night was utter shit ! I system we never use or have used for a long time against a team we all agreed we need to be taking points off,attacking bigger better sides playing so defensive against the lesser teams,points dropped last night without a doubt...we’ve spent the budget on 532

SlowerThanPlatt

Il be honest if Robins gets sacked I won't put my money into the club going forward, it's not as easy as saying yea but somebody else will do a better job... They never do here, and they didn't for 3 decades before him... I ain't waiting 3 more decades for the club to get it right again
So you are more of a Robins supporter than CCFC?

cc84cov

I get your point but I also don’t want to see us drop levels again after such a shit few years

Evo1883

So you are more of a Robins supporter than CCFC?

Mate, I spend thousands travelling with this club every year, I've watched us appoint bad manager after bad manager and I'm not prepared to go through the cycle again... Full stop

It wouldn't be just, and it wouldn't be in the clubs best interest to sack Mark Robins

I'd rather stick my dick in a meat blender than go through that again

cc84cov

Mate, I spend thousands travelling with this club every year, I've watched us appoint bad manager after bad manager and I'm not prepared to go through the cycle again... Full stop

It wouldn't be just, and it wouldn't be in the clubs best interest to sack Mark Robins

Staying up is my priority regardless of who needs to come or go

SlowerThanPlatt

Quite a few of the bad managers you say finished mid table in the Championship

clint van damme

What else did they both do?

Going by that logic Barnsley should have changed their manager again during the season as they were in the bottom 3 under Struber longer than they were under Stendel and only a late run kept them up.

Grendel

Ofcourse you don't... But you're wrong

Better than Milne a man who was interviewed for the England job? Someone who worked on no budget from the mid 70’s and recruited bargain talent?

I’d even put mad as a hat Gould’s achievement of survival in season 1 as an achievement

Phil Neal managed a respectable top flight finish with a very poor squad

Then there is Sillett

Evo1883

Better than Milne a man who was interviewed for the England job? Someone who worked on no budget from the mid 70’s and recruited bargain talent?

I’d even put mad as a hat Gould’s achievement of survival in season 1 as an achievement

Phil Neal managed a respectable top flight finish with a very poor squad

Then there is Sillett

Using this logic, hill isn't one of the clubs best either...

So it's fair to say you're wrong on this

cooperskyblue

I get your point but I also don’t want to see us drop levels again after such a shit few years
That will not happen mate with Robins in charge. He in my opinion deserves and has earnt the right to keep us up and have the season to do it. Was I frustrated with the defensive set-up last night. Yes. I thought last 3 games we scored goals and looked like scoring, we didn't last night. We need to find the balance. But we will find it, I believe, with Robins at the helm and when we do we will see the rewards.

We need to start winning games but we have a run of fixtures where we MUST do that. But I think Robins needs the opportunity to do it

cc84cov

Well scak him then, you'd all get everything you deserve going forward...

Tragic this forum is
Not for me yet mate I want us to play the 532 we’ve used for so long and done the budget on,walker & Godden will score goals its defence we need to sort...stay in the mix till jan bring a loan defender in maybe like Luton did last year with the lad from Spurs

Grendel

And?

When we were last in the championship, clubs were spending anywhere near what they are now and the gap was alot smaller.

Many had wage bills in excess of £30 million

NorthernWisdom

Why? They get compensated when fired anyway
Keep their reputation, get a move to a bigger club, don't get a reputation as unable to work at a higher level.

Two fine examples, Warnock and McCarthy. Both taken clubs to promotion when others hadn't, punched above their weight - the inevitable happens and the clubs are relegated, struggle, and the call goes out that they're incapable of managing at that level, so they get typecast as getting jobs at fading clubs who want to pull their budgets in.

Better,last season, for Robins to have heroically missed out on promotion, narrowly, and then have a half-decent start this season, get a job at a better funded club in this division, go on to be successful.

Grendel

But it's a nonsense argument, one I'd expect from my 8 year old because it won't happen will it

What if we ended with a lower points tally than the the Thorn season?

Users who are viewing this thread