O'Hare bids (2 Viewers)

SkyB

Realistically with a transfer of this size the club will put out a statement saying he's been released to go and talk with Burnley. I'm sure the club has released statements like this before when were selling players? (Happy to be fact checked and corrected if not)

Very unlikely we'll be blindsided by a Burnley twitter announcement as the way we find out he's gone.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Are they not in reply to people saying so and so said it or that X amount will be invested?

Fact is nobody knows what he will get from a sale be it wages or fees.

The narrative changes all the time. Initially it was that there was no chance the club needs a sale due to a record breaking number of ST sales sold and merchandise sales being successful - despite posters suggesting neither would really increase the club's turnover all that much.

Then it switched to well if a sale is made then Robins will receive a decent proportion of any fee because he has before - again despite posters pointing out the obvious that this season is different compared to previous years and the ability for reinvestment has likely significantly lessened. Reasons have already been outlined for this.

It's now switched again to the above arguement so posters aren't wrong regardless of the outcome.

Nick

Administrator
The narrative changes all the time. Initially it was that there was no chance the club needs a sale due to a record breaking number of ST sales sold and merchandise sales being successful - despite posters suggesting neither would really increase the club's turnover all that much.

Then it switched to well if a sale is made then Robins will receive a decent proportion of any fee because he has before - again despite posters pointing out the obvious that this season is different compared to previous years and the ability for reinvestment has likely significantly lessened. Reasons have already been outlined for this.

It's now switched again to the above arguement so posters aren't wrong regardless of the outcome.
Which posters?

Yorkshire SB

I don't think the club will necessarily stop reinvesting altogether. It clearly doesn't help this season that there are significant earners on the books such as Walker, Waghorn, Kelly as well as Kane, Dacosta and Hilssner, all of whom are swallowing a sizeable proportion of the budget available. I did say back in April that having these players still under contract would cause Robins a significant headache this summer.

Once those contracts run out next summer I'd imagine somewhere in between of £45k-£50k pw will be freed up. Or around £2.5m py.

We got away with not having to sell a player last summer due to the the Ricoh return. I'm not sure why fans think that's set some kind of precedent and any notion that the club needs a sale to operate is a bizarre conspiracy theory. It's how we've operated for years and how we'll continue to under the current ownership.

Yeah agreed with all of that. I suppose it's just the notion that our owners won't invest the any of the money that I would take issue with.

Next summer will be interesting, presume we'll have to cash our chips on Hamer and Gyokeres then as well.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Yeah agreed with all of that. I suppose it's just the notion that our owners won't invest the any of the money that I would take issue with.

Next summer will be interesting, presume we'll have to cash our chips on Hamer and Gyokeres then as well.

Next summer the club will almost certainly have to sell Hamer and Gyokeres, yes. I can't see either signing new deals.

JonesBob

The suggestion is that Wilson is being considered for the number 1 spot and this is Moore’s chance to impress…

MR doesn't seem to think like that. He has been playing Wilson because he doubts Wilson's ability, not Moores. He has faith in Moore and he will definitely be our No.1, but Wilson? If the rumours are correct and we loan a keeper from Chelsea then Wilson could be on his way our.

SlowerThanPlatt

MR doesn't seem to think like that. He has been playing Wilson because he doubts Wilson's ability, not Moores. He has faith in Moore and he will definitely be our No.1, but Wilson? If the rumours are correct and we loan a keeper from Chelsea then Wilson could be on his way our.
Not seen any rumour about a Chelsea goalkeeper, do you have a name?

SlowerThanPlatt

But, wouldn't you have said that about Fleck and McGoldrick? Many of our supporters were saying most would not make it in the championship.

Not the greatest examples, Fleck played two seasons, was relegated in the latter and hasn’t returned since. McGoldrick the same

KenilworthSkyBlue

Two issues with this.

Why would a club willingly send their player on loan to be a No.2 and subsequently get next to no game time?

Secondly, if the RWB from Palace comes in we're at three loans already. With a maximum of five permitted in a match day squad why would Robins waste a loan spot for a No.2. GK that won't play?

coop

Bloody hell if we get promoted we will need about 25 new signings then.
Just think we are miles off and haven't got the money to even make a decent challenge of getting there never mind playing in the prem. But miracles do happen.

Deity

Of course we are miles off. We finished mid table for a reason last season.

we always will be unless we go up. Then we will invest,go down, but thesquad will be better and the gap narrowed.

There are not many examples of clubs going up and then thriving …. Some do well for a season but often struggle the next. Leeds we’re lucky last season, who’s to say Brentford won’t struggle this.

if you can survive one season then your financials are very different and the newly promoted clubs are often ahead of you in the queue to be relegated.

robbiethemole

we always will be unless we go up. Then we will invest,go down, but thesquad will be better and the gap narrowed.

There are not many examples of clubs going up and then thriving …. Some do well for a season but often struggle the next. Leeds we’re lucky last season, who’s to say Brentford won’t struggle this.

if you can survive one season then your financials are very different and the newly promoted clubs are often ahead of you in the queue to be relegated.

Do we think Forests squad is good enough for the Prem? Not a chance but the £170m+ will go a long way towards upgrading their team but I think they will be another yo-yo setup, plus £92m for being relegated and then parachute payments. Absolutely mind-blowing figures, but I wish we were in with a chance of getting them.

Bad Boy

Best example in recent seasons has been Wolves.

Hobo

Next summer the club will almost certainly have to sell Hamer and Gyokeres, yes. I can't see either signing new deals.

Every player in the squad is up for grabs if the price is right. Just like it has always been. Just like it is at every club.

It is just that offers you can't refuse don't come round that often in reality.

It seems to me the club this time are trying to get above market value on Gyokeres, Hamer and O'Hare. As they have pushed away offers on all three. The how much money will be put back in for reinvestment argument? At the moment is all hyperthetical speculation.

NorthernWisdom

Independent pay review bodies?
Don't appear particularly independent about what they award when the gov't comes out and says they don't want rates matched to inflation as then it creates a belief that inflation is ingrained and then it becomes ingrained .
Who on earth believes a policeman is experiencing higher inflation than a nurse and frankly who is more important.
Not sure they'll be reviewing O'Hare's pay though

no_loyalty

Huddersfield could be the next Barnsley. Manager and best 3 players gone in a matter of weeks. Be interesting to see jow they go next season

They have a fairly difficult run of fixtures to start (apart from Blues).

KenilworthSkyBlue

Every player in the squad is up for grabs if the price is right. Just like it has always been. Just like it is at every club.

It is just that offers you can't refuse don't come round that often in reality.

It seems to me the club this time are trying to get above market value on Gyokeres, Hamer and O'Hare. As they have pushed away offers on all three. The how much money will be put back in for reinvestment argument? At the moment is all hyperthetical speculation.

It's not really a criticism. More of an objective fact.

Both players will have one year remaining on their respective contracts next summer (or earlier) and I'd imagine, if their progress continues, neither will sign new deals and subsequently the club will be forced to move both on.

KenilworthSkyBlue

At least one will go in January.

I was potentially thinking this.

If they're looking to get maximum value for both then the logical choice would be to sell in January.

However, surely you would think it entirely depends on how we're doing in the league?

Especially as it would be difficult to replace either if they were to depart.

Hobo

It's not really a criticism. More of an objective fact.

Both players will have one year remaining on their respective contracts next summer (or earlier) and I'd imagine, if their progress continues, neither will sign new deals and subsequently the club will be forced to move both on.

Not necessarilly when your stock is high as a player. Take a new contract and a pay rise with a release clause that suits you. The increased pay rise and extended contract raises their bargaining position.

Mediocre players on the other hand are better off winding contracts down and becoming free agents.

Users who are viewing this thread