O'Hare bids (8 Viewers)

djr8369

There’s been mention of a need to sell someone to cover the last few seasons losses. Any idea how much would be needed? If we sold above that value does that free up a little for MR and if so does that explain the rumour he’s fighting his own corner with the owners?

Sky Blue Pete

There’s been mention of a need to sell someone to cover the last few seasons losses. Any idea how much would be needed? If we sold above that value does that free up a little for MR and if so does that explain the rumour he’s fighting his own corner with the owners?
Must be

Offhegoes

This is exactly what I didn't want. From reading all these posts, I was resigned he was off on Saturday, and the deal would of been done by now. I don't want him to go, but it would give Robins time to bring in a replacement before the 31st.
It seems to be dragging out, and we don't want him going next week, days before the opening game. Palmer may not be ready to start at Sunderland (fitness wise) so we'll have a huge hole in our team. Pretty sure Robins will play the box formation, so we need 2 attacking midfielders. Allen can play there, but who else? Waghorn seems to be injured too

KenilworthSkyBlue

Unless he actually scores some goals this season and his profile raises

Even then it's probably not overly promising.

From memory Olise at Palace was bought for around £8m last summer (I believe he had one year remaining on his deal at the point of sale) and he'd had a fairly strong campaign for Reading and was 19 at the time.

junglej13

This is exactly what I didn't want. From reading all these posts, I was resigned he was off on Saturday, and the deal would of been done by now. I don't want him to go, but it would give Robins time to bring in a replacement before the 31st.
It seems to be dragging out, and we don't want him going next week, days before the opening game. Palmer may not be ready to start at Sunderland (fitness wise) so we'll have a huge hole in our team. Pretty sure Robins will play the box formation, so we need 2 attacking midfielders. Allen can play there, but who else? Waghorn seems to be injured too
Agree with this. In an ideal world we would have four attacking midfielders if we are going to play the box. Imagine Robins will toggle between the box and one attacking midfielder behind a front two. With that in mind maybe three attacking midfielders would be good. Allen's not good enough to play that role at this level. If O'Hare goes and with Palmer still getting up to speed, I think we need two more bringing in. Would love Anjorin on loan and someone like Sibley or Taylor Richards bought.

SlowerThanPlatt

Why has the author given how much it is in dollars?

Two bids have been rejected, the first coming in at around £3.5million plus add-ons. The second one was an improvement but still not enough.

Burnley have not given in and the two clubs have held verbal discussions since. There is a belief among all parties a deal can be done, but only if it meets Coventry’s valuation, thought to be above £6million ($7.2m).

SlowerThanPlatt

Forest have recruited about as well as they can. Use loans where you need and take decent players from the Championship and foreign top flights.

Well the Bosman ruling put paid to a good deal of that and ‘I can do better’ takes care of the rest
Forest are being seriously backed this season, their spending over £100m, now they’re signing Lingard on a free as they can offer more than West Ham!

skybluegod

From the very same Athletic article...

To sell the most creative player in the championship for less than £10m would be very disappointing

Funny how you cut the bit where it talks about expected assists and how he over achieved. It's also about quality of chances created. You also skipped the part where they talk about his actual goals to expected goals being half what it should be.

coop

Does he want to leave? If not then why sell him ,if he a better season this year ie scores more then he will be worth double and will then probably be looking to move if we don't make at least the play offs.

The Philosopher

To be fair, the majority would say that he does create enough.

The majority would probably also say that he doesn't score enough. He started to rectify that towards the end of the season and as someone pointed out, if he scored a shed load, he would've gone a long time ago.
He creates enough but also creates a huge amount of free kicks in dangerous areas by winning (if that’s the right word) so many fouls.

We have a great free kick taker from wide in Gus.

We need to take advantage of those aspects.

Grendel

He creates enough but also creates a huge amount of free kicks in dangerous areas by winning (if that’s the right word) so many fouls.

We have a great free kick taker from wide in Gus.

We need to take advantage of those aspects.

giphy.gif

MacReady

Forest are being seriously backed this season, their spending over £100m, now they’re signing Lingard on a free as they can offer more than West Ham!
It's crazy. 180k a week is crazy for a team the size of Forest, they are setting themselves up to fail here. Wait till they drop into the Championship with the most outrageous wage bill and go bankrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread