O'Hare bids (3 Viewers)

Grendel

I attended the race day which seemed pretty successful.

It's a different dynamic now though. As shown by the end of season awards if the club puts on a decent event it'll be well attended.

the player sponsorship and shirt sponsorship elements on the commercial page is still 2019 rates

It’sabatch87

Hopefully Callum will be in the squad tonight at Walsall, just wondered if he’s thought….
Burnley nah….
Yes most of us would probably go wage wise but if he’s happy here lives close to family, great mates at the club.
Maybe quality of life close to home he’s happy with that!!

Reactions: vow

Torquay Sky Blue

Hopefully Callum will be in the squad tonight at Walsall, just wondered if he’s thought….
Burnley nah….
Yes most of us would probably go wage wise but if he’s happy here lives close to family, great mates at the club.
That would make him very rare indeed in modern day football but who knows . Loyalty by a player I doubt we'll see again. The Trevor Brookings of this world are sadly long gone

usskyblue

So, to recap (Remove the bullshit)

Boddy didn’t actually say we had to sell, he said we would sell if the price was right.

We aren’t selling O’Hare for 6m despite what a mate of Overson allegedly said.

As for the current situation; It’s obvious that SISU/Boddy don’t want players sold asap at an undervalued price.

The only thing in question seems to be what MR will get from any given sale to strengthen the team.

Once again on here there’s an agenda by some and an all to easy fall in line by others.

KenilworthSkyBlue

So, to recap (Remove the bullshit)

Boddy didn’t actually say we had to sell, he said we would sell if the price was right.

We aren’t selling O’Hare for 6m despite what a mate of Overson allegedly said.

As for the current situation; It’s obvious that SISU/Boddy don’t want players sold asap at an undervalued price.

The only thing in question seems to be what MR will get from any given sale to strengthen the team.

Once again on here there’s an agenda by some and an all to easy fall in line by others.

Regardless of whether it's true or not do you honestly believe he'd commit himself to saying that?

He'd obliterate any chance of the club receiving even a half decent fee by openly admitting that it needed to sell a player.

Evo1883

Regardless of whether it's true or not do you honestly believe he'd commit himself to saying that?

He'd obliterate any chance of the club receiving even a half decent fee by openly admitting that it needed to sell a player.
But to say that he said it when you dont know , then push it as fact to scaremonger on a forum is pretty weird isn't it

usskyblue

I agree but some of the language on here from some posters was intimating that’s either what he said (or meant).. and it obviously isn’t the case.

Tile Hill Phil

Burnley nah….
That’s what I’m thinking. Being content and happy where you are is very important I believe . Sure he could earn a lot more money elsewhere but he’s obviously on a decent wage here and certainly not a poor man. I’ve chased the money in jobs before and it wasn’t always the best option

SlowerThanPlatt

That’s what I’m thinking. Being content and happy where you are is very important I believe . Sure he could earn a lot more money elsewhere but he’s obviously on a decent wage here and certainly not a poor man. I’ve chased the money in jobs before and it wasn’t always the best option

It’s more likely to be the transfer fee which is the sticking point. I don’t think he’d be opposed to going there

WGABSOOS

Burnley nah….
Wasn't it supposed to be a brand new 11 tonight. Suspect of he isnt involved though a meltdown will ensue

stay_up_skyblues

If, and it’s a huge one, he is looking to stay over a move to Burnley, it’s safe in the knowledge he will very likely get his payday at a more desirable club (to him) in the future. Which nobody would begrudge him. I’d argue that for Cal this isn’t a once in a lifetime chance.

SlowerThanPlatt

If, and it’s a huge one, he is looking to stay over a move to Burnley, it’s safe in the knowledge he will very likely get his payday at a more desirable club (to him) in the future. Which nobody would begrudge him. I’d argue that for Cal this isn’t a once in a lifetime chance.

They would have already sounded him/his agent out. If it was clear he had no interest in going there they wouldn’t be continuing their pursuit

NorthernWisdom

Burnley nah….
Ironically that could be exactly why he'd be off, as he unwittingly negotiated a better deal by being quite happy around here until they offer stupid wages that you just can't turn down.

Let's face it, if he's paid enough he could hire someone to drive him down!

KenilworthSkyBlue

Well they obviously aren’t as desperate as some would like to think.

Well, I think they probably do need a sale. I've given the reasons for that in previous posts.

Burnley have shown their hand far too quickly - likely due to inexperience on Kompany's end - and as a result have positioned the club into a fairly reasonable negotiating position, granted that could quickly change though. Equally, with an eight figure transfer fee potentially coming in for Cornet, it would be remiss of the club to accept an unsuitable bid now, especially when there's over six weeks left of the window remaining.

So it's understandable why at present the club are holding fast and ensuring to maximise the potential for any fee received for O'Hare.

SlowerThanPlatt

For a bit of perspective, if it is £8m, even before add ons, I believe it would be the biggest Championship to Championship transfer fee since Assombalonga 5 years ago probably? And in the Top 10 all time?
People keep saying about £10m+ etc. but it just doesn't happen anymore. To get that sort of money you'd need Premier League interest.

Not totally related but just as you mentioned Huddersfield; Lewis O'Brien & Harry Toffolo joining Forest at £10m for the pair.
Given O'Brien's quality & the fact he has a longer contract than O'Hare, say £7/8m for him looks cheap in comparison.
Huddersfield fans seem to think O’Brien has a release clause, I did think it was on the low side for him

djr8369

A few of his posts have been pretty contradictory as of late. However, there's seemingly a lot of Chinese whispers surrounding O'Hare at the minute though and I'd imagine those probably extend to within the industry as well as there's narratives likely coming from all sides - O'Hare's agent, the club and Burnley.

Potentially what he could be hearing and relaying is very much a combination of rumours, speculation and snippets from the above.
Perhaps being fed bull to weed out a mole?
Or is that too conspiratorial?

AOM

It's more likely to be Burnley's agent
COH has been great throughout but with the personal terms on offer very few players could resist
It's unlikely that Callum or his agent will be making waves
They could have done after hearing of Fulham's offer but kept quiet
But our club are playing hardball which is great
It shows the risky tactic of giving our most valuable players long contracts last season is paying off

Not sure how close you are to the whole situation, but can you foresee any situation where he ends up staying?
Is it just a case now of Burnley meeting the right price?

Probably wishful thinking on my part...

Grendel

Well they obviously aren’t as desperate as some would like to think.

If we look at the last available accounts which was the COVID season:

Turnover (with no fans) - £11.8 m

If we have the same number of games on Sky I cannot see that changing much. We have 13,500 Season Tickets lets assume at £220 each is near enough £3m

Lets say we have another 6,500 to average 20,000 a game at £20 each so thats 20 * 6500 * 23 = £ 3 million

So next years turnover is £18 million

Wages in the last published accounts were £13 million (a huge YOY hike down to promotion bonuses mainly). That does not include players signed May on or those released but clearly Waghorn, Bidwell, Moore etc will have cost more in wages than the outgoing Biamous - we also had the enhanced terms for Hamer and O Hare and we have signed the guy from Bristol whose on £10k a week there.

Its a conservative assumption to assume that wages at lease all income - at least.

We had player sales positive at £1.8m in the first season back in the Championship

Other costs if we carry those over are I assume £15.7 m less wages so around £2.7m

You add those to the positive sales of players in the COVID season and even with I believe generous assumptions in the clubs favour we are looking at in one season with 20,000 fans a projected loss of £4.5m

Last seasons losses I am sure will be worse along with with the recorded losses in the last published accounts

So perhaps someone can explain to me where the shortfall is coming from without a major asset being sold and only his wages being re-deployed?

KenilworthSkyBlue

If we look at the last available accounts which was the COVID season:

Turnover (with no fans) - £11.8 m

If we have the same number of games on Sky I cannot see that changing much. We have 13,500 Season Tickets lets assume at £220 each is near enough £3m

Lets say we have another 6,500 to average 20,000 a game at £20 each so thats 20 * 6500 * 23 = £ 3 million

So next years turnover is £18 million

Wages in the last published accounts were £13 million (a huge YOY hike down to promotion bonuses mainly). That does not include players signed May on or those released but clearly Waghorn, Bidwell, Moore etc will have cost more in wages than the outgoing Biamous - we also had the enhanced terms for Hamer and O Hare and we have signed the guy from Bristol whose on £10k a week there.

Its a conservative assumption to assume that wages at lease all income - at least.

We had player sales positive at £1.8m in the first season back in the Championship

Other costs if we carry those over are I assume £15.7 m less wages so around £2.7m

You add those to the positive sales of players in the COVID season and even with I believe generous assumptions in the clubs favour we are looking at in one season with 20,000 fans a projected loss of £4.5m

Last seasons losses I am sure will be worse along with with the recorded losses in the last published accounts

So perhaps someone can explain to me where the shortfall is coming from without a major asset being sold and only his wages being re-deployed?

Add in increased sponsorship revenue, F&B, parking (assuming we receive percentages of both) and increased merchandise sales.

Skyblueweeman

Alright, calm down OSB.

I don't think anyone is disputing that are they? I've previously said that I think all 3 will be with us come the SoL game in a couple of weeks. But I could be wrong. If we receive a great offer, it would be silly to turn it down.

From what I can see from this thread, the majority think he's going to go and that the money will be used to mainly plug some losses and give Joy some new handbags.

The areas of contention that seem to permeate through this thread is if he actually is going and if so, whether MR will get anything from a figure between £5-10m to use on a replacement. I think the majority know that any monies in will be in part, used to pay off some losses.

And yes, my Grendel alarm did go off.

Users who are viewing this thread