O'Hare bids (4 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

Add in increased sponsorship revenue, F&B, parking (assuming we receive percentages of both) and increased merchandise sales.

And to balance that, increased costs of travel/accommodation etc. A relative drop in the ocean but looking at a 20-30% increase vs last season.

Grendel

Add in increased sponsorship revenue, F&B, parking (assuming we receive percentages of both) and increased merchandise sales.

You can add them but also add increased costs other than sponsorship and its probable the TV revenue will reduce as less live games will take place

Grendel

KenilworthSkyBlue

You can add them but also add increased costs other than sponsorship and its probable the TV revenue will reduce as less live games will take place

True, I think in the last set of accounts the TV and solidarity payment was strangely high - £8.9m.

Swiss Ramble estimates the average is between £7m-£8m.

oldfiver

If we look at the last available accounts which was the COVID season:

Turnover (with no fans) - £11.8 m

If we have the same number of games on Sky I cannot see that changing much. We have 13,500 Season Tickets lets assume at £220 each is near enough £3m

Lets say we have another 6,500 to average 20,000 a game at £20 each so thats 20 * 6500 * 23 = £ 3 million

So next years turnover is £18 million

Wages in the last published accounts were £13 million (a huge YOY hike down to promotion bonuses mainly). That does not include players signed May on or those released but clearly Waghorn, Bidwell, Moore etc will have cost more in wages than the outgoing Biamous - we also had the enhanced terms for Hamer and O Hare and we have signed the guy from Bristol whose on £10k a week there.

Its a conservative assumption to assume that wages at lease all income - at least.

We had player sales positive at £1.8m in the first season back in the Championship

Other costs if we carry those over are I assume £15.7 m less wages so around £2.7m

You add those to the positive sales of players in the COVID season and even with I believe generous assumptions in the clubs favour we are looking at in one season with 20,000 fans a projected loss of £4.5m

Last seasons losses I am sure will be worse along with with the recorded losses in the last published accounts

So perhaps someone can explain to me where the shortfall is coming from without a major asset being sold and only his wages being re-deployed?

Have you allowed for VAT is ticket sales? If not then deduct 1/6th

KenilworthSkyBlue

Merchandising only generates a net 10%

Are we in the Coffee Cup cup or what ever its called ? Home games we lose approx £10K

Ouch, I knew it wasn't a lot but thought it was a higher percentage than that.

Do you know if EFL clubs get a payment essentially as a part of a partnership or is that only applicable for PL clubs? So basically pay us for the right to produce and sell merchandise with our brand.

Grendel

Have you allowed for VAT is ticket sales? If not then deduct 1/6th

Yes I don’t know the concession mix so it’s always a guess

Yorkshire SB

If we look at the last available accounts which was the COVID season:

Turnover (with no fans) - £11.8 m

If we have the same number of games on Sky I cannot see that changing much. We have 13,500 Season Tickets lets assume at £220 each is near enough £3m

Lets say we have another 6,500 to average 20,000 a game at £20 each so thats 20 * 6500 * 23 = £ 3 million

So next years turnover is £18 million

Wages in the last published accounts were £13 million (a huge YOY hike down to promotion bonuses mainly). That does not include players signed May on or those released but clearly Waghorn, Bidwell, Moore etc will have cost more in wages than the outgoing Biamous - we also had the enhanced terms for Hamer and O Hare and we have signed the guy from Bristol whose on £10k a week there.

Its a conservative assumption to assume that wages at lease all income - at least.

We had player sales positive at £1.8m in the first season back in the Championship

Other costs if we carry those over are I assume £15.7 m less wages so around £2.7m

You add those to the positive sales of players in the COVID season and even with I believe generous assumptions in the clubs favour we are looking at in one season with 20,000 fans a projected loss of £4.5m

Last seasons losses I am sure will be worse along with with the recorded losses in the last published accounts

So perhaps someone can explain to me where the shortfall is coming from without a major asset being sold and only his wages being re-deployed?

Absolutely correct, something needs to plug that shortfall. However if we stop investing in playing staff that will only get worse.

I think we'll spend some of the O'Hare money, I just don't think we'll invest at a rate that will give us success.

mark82

Hopefully Callum will be in the squad tonight at Walsall, just wondered if he’s thought….
Burnley nah….
Yes most of us would probably go wage wise but if he’s happy here lives close to family, great mates at the club.
Maybe quality of life close to home he’s happy with that!!

Not sure he'll be in the squad but wouldn't read anything into it. We'll be playing the squad that were not involved at the weekend.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Absolutely correct, something needs to plug that shortfall. However if we stop investing in playing staff that will only get worse.

I think we'll spend some of the O'Hare money, I just don't think we'll invest at a rate that will give us success.

I don't think the club will necessarily stop reinvesting altogether. It clearly doesn't help this season that there are significant earners on the books such as Walker, Waghorn, Kelly as well as Kane, Dacosta and Hilssner, all of whom are swallowing a sizeable proportion of the budget available. I did say back in April that having these players still under contract would cause Robins a significant headache this summer.

Once those contracts run out next summer I'd imagine somewhere in between of £45k-£50k pw will be freed up. Or around £2.5m py.

We got away with not having to sell a player last summer due to the the Ricoh return. I'm not sure why fans think that's set some kind of precedent and any notion that the club needs a sale to operate is a bizarre conspiracy theory. It's how we've operated for years and how we'll continue to under the current ownership.

Last edited:

Paxman II

The message is simple. O'Hare travels with the squad and plays some part. He didn't play the whole 90 last time out did he? So he needs some more minutes.

oldfiver

Ouch, I knew it wasn't a lot but thought it was a higher percentage than that.

Do you know if EFL clubs get a payment essentially as a part of a partnership or is that only applicable for PL clubs? So basically pay us for the right to produce and sell merchandise with our brand.

Don't know but its a common percentage when you take out staffing etc and left over stocks so easier to leave it to franchise

Nick

Administrator
Sift through this thread and you'll come across a fair few jibes in response to posters commenting on the club needing to sell or questioning how much Robins would receive from a sale this summer.
Are they not in reply to people saying so and so said it or that X amount will be invested?

Fact is nobody knows what he will get from a sale be it wages or fees.

Samo

Sift through this thread and you'll come across a fair few jibes in response to posters commenting on the club needing to sell or questioning how much Robins would receive from a sale this summer.

That is because the ''ITK's'' told this forum that any incoming transfer fees could only be used on wages rather than outgoing fees.

Grendel

That is because the ''ITK's'' told this forum that any incoming transfer fees could only be used on wages rather than outgoing fees.

Well the financial strategy suggests there is zero option!

ccfcrob

Hopefully Callum will be in the squad tonight at Walsall, just wondered if he’s thought….
Burnley nah….
Yes most of us would probably go wage wise but if he’s happy here lives close to family, great mates at the club.
Maybe quality of life close to home he’s happy with that!!

He turned down more money before to come to us and play football instead of sitting at Villa.

I would hope from that alone it shows he has his head screwed on.

Users who are viewing this thread