Oh Jeremy Corbyn (5 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I find it somewhat concerning the way 'anti-Semitic' is getting thrown around recently. The definition is

Does that really apply to what is being protested today? Most of the talk seems to be about Kalen Ockerman's Freedom for Humanity mural. Of course with everything going on in the world at the moment it is vitally importantly everyone concentrates on a facebook comment made by Corbyn in 2012 about a mural that doesn't exist anymore.

View attachment 9339

Ockerman described the work at the time

Is such an artwork, removed 6 years ago really worthy of this uproar? Or is it Corbyns facebook post that is the source of the outrage? Well lets look at that.

At the time the now disgraced former Conservative Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman demanded the artwork be destroyed and Ockerman posted

Corbyn's comment was

I would assume referring to the Diego Rivera mural Man at the Crossroads.
Not seeing much anti-semitism in Corbyns comment. Seems more to be asking why it is being destroyed and comparing it to the destruction of another famous mural.

Still it distracts from anything important that might be going on in the country.

People have being trying to label Corbyn as anti Semitic for a while now. A lot comments that get singled out are anti Zionist not anti Semitic. For comparison ultra Orthodox Jews are anti zionists, majority of Orthodox Jews are anti Zionist to. Not sure either of those parties could be described as anti Semitic by any stretch of the imagination.

Ian1779

Not really , let a fool speak for himself ( or have Diane abacus Abbot ) do it for him . An effective opposition has to actually be effective . Look how labour lost Scotland to the SNP. I do not trust a man that cannot involve himself in important matter of the country . A blithering wreck. His supporters include Jeremy Kyle , hmm wonder why as most of his audience would vote for him .

Labour lost Scotland before Corbyn, and he started to reverse that trend last year.

Doesn't involve himself in the important matters of the country? Like a health service in crisis, an education system falling apart, homelessness rampant and a housing system that is failing millions????

Are you just upset he doesn't want to blow shit up or are you enraged that he asked for the proper procedure to be followed in respect to Russia?

Think it's you that's the blithering wreck.

Ian1779

People have being trying to label Corbyn as anti Semitic for a while now. A lot comments that get singled out are anti Zionist not anti Semitic. For comparison ultra Orthodox Jews are anti zionists, majority of Orthodox Jews are anti Zionist to. Not sure either of those parties could be described as anti Semitic by any stretch of the imagination.

I won't pretend to understand the complexities of the issue, but there are also Jewish groups coming out in support of Corbyn so this is far more intricate than being portrayed.

BackRoomRummermill

Labour lost Scotland before Corbyn, and he started to reverse that trend last year.

Doesn't involve himself in the important matters of the country? Like a health service in crisis, an education system falling apart, homelessness rampant and a housing system that is failing millions????

Are you just upset he doesn't want to blow shit up or are you enraged that he asked for the proper procedure to be followed in respect to Russia?

Think it's you that's the blithering wreck.

No again wrong , the second biggest party in Scotland ..... Conservative

Before general election Labour so again Corbanista DYOR

Secondly NHS pay rise 6 per cent , beat ever labour pay rise 3 per cent

Again DYOR

You honestly are brain washed by JC labour

As for blowing up anyone , i Don’t think anyone wants that .

BackRoomRummermill

If someone can convince me what good JC would do for the WORKING family I am all ears , if someone can convince me that he knows what he is doing I am all ears .

Even the Scottish have abandoned him . Our work here is done !

skybluetony176

I won't pretend to understand the complexities of the issue, but there are also Jewish groups coming out in support of Corbyn so this is far more intricate than being portrayed.
Same here but watching the news earlier and thinking back can’t remember seeing ultra Orthodox Jews protesting. Plenty of liberal Jews who all tend to be Zionist so maybe just maybe some of these protests are driven by the opportunity to attack him because of his anti Zionist views.

BackRoomRummermill

Same here but watching the news earlier and thinking back can’t remember seeing ultra Orthodox Jews protesting. Plenty of liberal Jews who all tend to be Zionist so maybe just maybe some of these protests are driven by the opportunity to attack him because of his anti Zionist views.

I thought you said the media was on his back ? What’s do you believe then - the media that suits ?

Hang on let’s wait to see what JC says again

Ian1779

No again wrong , the second biggest party in Scotland ..... Conservative

Before general election Labour so again Corbanista DYOR

Secondly NHS pay rise 6 per cent , beat ever labour pay rise 3 per cent

Again DYOR

You honestly are brain washed by JC labour

As for blowing up anyone , i Don’t think anyone wants that .

I'm the brainwashed one?

I said Labour reversed 2015 trend - going up 6 seats in 2017 after being virtually wiped out in 2015 - at which point both them and Tories had 1 seat. Tories are currently 2nd biggest party in Scotland its true.

Comparing the pay rise rubbish (which is still tantamount to a freeze or drop as it's well below inflation) proves you actually haven't got a coherent thought of your own - just another Tory mouthbox. The fact you haven't even got a word on my other points because you know how shameful they are to your precious party.

BackRoomRummermill

Why do you keep banging on about Diane Abbot when this thread is about JC.

She is his mouth piece appointed by him , is it annoying you ? I hope it is .

Take today it was hilarious on the PM statement , why was she stood up in front of ‘ Jeremy’ while he his behind A floppy bit of paper.

I will tell you why - he had nothing valuable to say , an embarrassment of the UK public and his own party .

BackRoomRummermill

Take today it was hilarious on the PM statement , why was she stood up in front of ‘ Jeremy’ while he his behind A floppy bit of paper.

I will tell you why - he had nothing valuable to say , an embarrassment of the UK public and his own party .
I'm the brainwashed one?

I said Labour reversed 2015 trend - going up 6 seats in 2017 after being virtually wiped out in 2015 - at which point both them and Tories had 1 seat. Tories are currently 2nd biggest party in Scotland its true.

Comparing the pay rise rubbish (which is still tantamount to a freeze or drop as it's well below inflation) proves you actually haven't got a coherent thought of your own - just another Tory mouthbox. The fact you haven't even got a word on my other points because you know how shameful they are to your precious party.

So I am correct there is no resurgence in Scotland , a failure of a couple of SNP seats surpassed by the Tory party even ousting Alex Salmond.

Labour on their way out

The debt labour left this country, well after Blair sold everything and mismanaged , rose tax etc etc .

The country had to stop spending , Labour make the SNP look good which is why they are a minority in Scotland , it will soon be the same in England thank goddess ,

The world unites against Putin , apart from ‘Jeremy’

I eagerly await JC next comments

Ian1779

So I am correct there is no resurgence in Scotland , a failure of a couple of SNP seats surpassed by the Tory party even ousting Alex Salmond.

Labour on their way out

The debt labour left this country, well after Blair sold everything and mismanaged , rose tax etc etc .

The country had to stop spending , Labour make the SNP look good which is why they are a minority in Scotland , it will soon be the same in England thank goddess ,

Straight out of the Daily Mail manual - Dacre would be proud - after all that's what he wants, mindless trolls repeating his dirge ad infinitum.

You are going to be a very disappointed man.

Johnnythespider

Seems to be annoying you far more than me, hence your recent activity in this thread. Is Boris a more qualified mouthpiece for May or the odious Reece Mogg. When I vote Labour at the next election it will be for all sorts of reasons you don't understand, if that means you and I have a little less I'm ok with that, you'll be ok, after all you listened at school.

BackRoomRummermill

Seems to be annoying you far more than me, hence your recent activity in this thread. Is Boris a more qualified mouthpiece for May or the odious Reece Mogg. When I vote Labour at the next election it will be for all sorts of reasons you don't understand, if that means you and I have a little less I'm ok with that, you'll be ok, after all you listened at school.

But Boris can count ...yep listening at School was not a bad thing . Are you saying you didn’t ?

wingy

Labour on their way out

Blair sold everything Lol .
Was there even anything left after Margeret?

fernandopartridge

Labour on their way out

When the Tories eventually go, the debt the country will be in compared to what it was in 2010 will have at least trebled.

BackRoomRummermill

I have spent countless hours persuading hard line SNP supporters of reality , I include my own family as well . I have Scottish heratige . It’s the same here with Labour who 10 years ago were Scotland and the Tory party were seen as dog poo. it’s all changing and the Scottish Tory and DUP vote support will keep labour out, the failed SNP blueprint that Labour in England has failed , massive debt I.
When the Tories eventually go, the debt the country will be in compared to what it was in 2010 will have at least trebled.

Can you prove that ?

BackRoomRummermill

I can bat you guys to the boundary all day here , sorry it’s getting boring

I have to go to bed to earn money and pay tax tomorrow so forgive me please

Thank you for the elephant banter

fernandopartridge

I have spent countless hours persuading hard line SNP supporters of reality , I include my own family as well . I have Scottish heratige . It’s the same here with Labour who 10 years ago were Scotland and the Tory party were seen as dog poo. it’s all changing and the Scottish Tory and DUP vote support will keep labour out, the failed SNP blueprint that Labour in England has failed , massive debt I.

Can you prove that ?

I'm wrong actually, it's only increased by just over half (£622bn as at 2017, so over £650bn in 2018) despite the apparently booming economy and sound financial management of Osborne and Hammond. Who knows what it will look like now the idiots are forecasting big Brexit related increases in spending....and they say Corbyn doesn't cost things properly!

Here's the ONS website: PS: Net Debt (excluding public sector banks): £bn: CPNSA - Office for National Statistics

skybluetony176

33D079E6-C0B7-4182-85ED-08B5B4A9E936.jpeg
I thought you said the media was on his back ? What’s do you believe then - the media that suits ?

Hang on let’s wait to see what JC says again
Literally cannot make sense of that post.

I saw the coverage of the protests on the news and made an observation that I didn’t see any ultra Orthodox Jews. For the record Orthodox Jews tend to dress in the above attire at the top of the post. What I saw was a lot of people dressed in normal western clothes that don’t indicate their religion. That tells me that more than likely they are liberal Jews and most liberal Jews are Zionist in stark contrast to their ultra orthodox and Orthodox Jewish brothers and sisters. JC has never really hidden his anti Zionist beliefs and this belief is in line with a lot of Jews so therefore can’t be anti Semitic. Liberal Jews don’t tend to like anyone who speaks out against their Zionist veiws whether that be JC or orthodox/ultra orthodox so my observation is is this really a protest about anti semitism or is it an opportunity to attack someone who’s anti Zionist and claim that they’re anti Semitic deliberately blurring the line for political gain.

Nothing to do with the media being on his back. They covered the protests as you would expect them to and that is what I observed of the protests.

Last edited:

martcov

Off thread: Where was Farage the schoolboy? Writing his initials as NF ( in form from NF logo ) and singing "gas em all gas em all, the long and the short and the tall" in some village half pissed. Wish someone would mention that again. And his speaking for one of Hitler's Minister's grand daughter recently.

Grendel

you'd need to ask them.
But they're bang on the money. Certain people are trying to politicise antisemitism for their own aims.
It's pretty low to be honest.

So they are not Jewish Voice of Labour - I.e Labour Party members?

Grendel

no they're not. JewishvoicesforLabour support Corbyn as well though.

Well I’m looking at the twitter account and it’s oddly extremist even to the point of claiming right wing Labour MP’s are attending rallies with a known associate of Tommy Robinson.

I wonder what it’s views on Ken Livingstone are

Users who are viewing this thread