Oh Jeremy Corbyn (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I see one twitter spat with Jewish Voice when a Jewish poster attack’s their view on the Holocaust and says they are despised by the Jewish community.

I can see why they back Mr Corbyn

clint van damme

Well I’m looking at the twitter account and it’s oddly extremist even to the point of claiming right wing Labour MP’s are attending rallies with a known associate of Tommy Robinson.

I wonder what it’s views on Ken Livingstone are

They did.

clint van damme

I see one twitter spat with Jewish Voice when a Jewish poster attack’s their view on the Holocaust and says they are despised by the Jewish community.

the Jewish community has as many factions and different opinions as any other community. Of course not all Jewish people are going to agree with the opinions of one particular group.

skybluetony176

Well I’m looking at the twitter account and it’s oddly extremist even to the point of claiming right wing Labour MP’s are attending rallies with a known associate of Tommy Robinson.

I wonder what it’s views on Ken Livingstone are

Who was the known associate of Tommy Robinson? Wasn’t someone connected to the DUP was it by any chance?

skybluetony176

Probably because they’re calling for an end to the Israel/Palestine conflict. Not a popular opinion with some Jews (tends to be those with Zionist views). I would think it’s always a good idea to be on the side of those calling for an end to conflict in the region instead of those happy to see a continuation of it. Wouldn’t you?

Grendel

the Jewish community has as many factions and different opinions as any other community. Of course not all Jewish people are going to agree with the opinions of one particular group.

Seems the vast majority loath this group that’s all. It seems incredibly Marxist.

clint van damme

It was the indian fella, think he's a Hindu extremist. He's spoken at EDL rallies. Strong anti Muslim rhetoric.

not sure this is actually correct, a Tory MP has posted an article by this fella on Facebook in the last couple of days on and it's emerged that he attended an event with him previously so I'm not sure what event with Labour MPs Jewish voices are referring to.

wingy

IDK.
Was Jesus anti-semetic when he turned over the money changers tables?
Were there any marxists among the 25M dead Russians who faught the fascist who slaughtered 3M of their Jewish countrymen?
Has or does Isreal operate a virtual Aparthied policy?
Was the state of Isreal founded on terrorism and the murder of British servicemen ?
It's all baffling to me .

Grendel

I believe it’s 30 days before Hitlers chum Mr Livingstone returns to the Labour Party.

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably because they’re calling for an end to the Israel/Palestine conflict. Not a popular opinion with some Jews (tends to be those with Zionist views). I would think it’s always a good idea to be on the side of those calling for an end to conflict in the region instead of those happy to see a continuation of it. Wouldn’t you?

Seems like anyone criticising Israel is an anti-Semite these days. Give them carte blanche to break international law in the West Bank and commit atrocities in Gaza and if you call it out you're an anti-Jewish bigot. If there are Holocaust deniers latching on to the party obviously boot them out but if we're conflating criticism of Israel with racism it does a disservice to cases of genuine anti-Semitism.

martcov

Evolve vs Deal we want...two very different things

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We helped the EU to evolve to what it is today. Now we ( a portion of the 17,4, a minority) are saying that it is evil and imposing things upon us which we actually were in favour of at various times. We actually had a good deal being a member with a couple of get out clauses and a rebate. Now you are annoyed that we cannot have our cake and eat it. We wouldn’t be in this mess and divided if the Tories hadn’t held an advisory referendum and then insisted on carrying out it‘s result.

The article 50 was worded in part by Lord Kerr who says he never thought the U.K. would leave. He was thinking, in 2002, that the people who may leave would do so because of not liking the freedom of speech, freedom of the press and democracy guarantees of the EU. People on the extreme right. Shows how far we have moved to the right as to put is into the same general direction as these people. These principles are still our principles, but somehow we have ended up alongside the extreme right wing eurosceptics.

Farage has even held a speech for a party that doesn’t want to be told who to remember ( the words of the AFD ), meaning memorials to victims of the holocaust. Or the disgrace of having a major holocaust memorial in Berlin ( again their words). I never dreamt that one of our politicians (MEP ) would be celebrating leaving the EU and then offering his „services“ to a party criticising, and seeking to ban, the „stumbling stones“ placed in the street before the houses of people who were dragged away and sent to death camps never to return. But, the scum, hero of millions of leavers ( not all ), did just that at the invitation of the granddaughter of a member of Hitler’s cabinet.

The association of a major leave campaigner, now threatening to go back to the front if he feels Brexit is being betrayed, with such people and such views is a far cry from the Britain that I grew up in. Some people claim on here that I am out of touch with the real feelings in Britain. Maybe I am, if that is how far people in the U.K. are prepared to sink in order to leave a Europe built to protect us against such scum.

martcov

Seems like anyone criticising Israel is an anti-Semite these days. Give them carte blanche to break international law in the West Bank and commit atrocities in Gaza and if you call it out you're an anti-Jewish bigot. If there are Holocaust deniers latching on to the party obviously boot them out but if we're conflating criticism of Israel with racism it does a disservice to cases of genuine anti-Semitism.

Why isn’t Farage being pilloried for his support of AFD to the same extent? Where are the Express, Telegraph and Mail on this? The AFD are against the guilt culture in Germany. The guilt being largely for the mass persecution and murder of Jews. They want the remembrance stones for Jews banned in one state. They remained silent in the parliament when the freeing of Auschwitz was rembered in January and did not applaud the speakers. Farage supports them, as he does the Austrian extreme right party because it fits in with his dream of smashing the EU. For obvious reasons. Big article on him in the Telegraph online threatening to make a come back though.

Grendel

Christ knows what you call actual Nazis...

Mr Livingstone believes Hitler had a progressive approach to Jews until “he went a bit mad and killed 6 million of them”

Brighton Sky Blue

Why isn’t Farage being pilloried for his support of AFD to the same extent? Where are the Express, Telegraph and Mail on this? The AFD are against the guilt culture in Germany. The guilt being largely for the mass persecution and murder of Jews. They want the remembrance stones for Jews banned in one state. They remained silent in the parliament when the freeing of Auschwitz was rembered in January and did not applaud the speakers. Farage supports them, as he does the Austrian extreme right party because it fits in with his dream of smashing the EU. For obvious reasons. Big article on him in the Telegraph online threatening to make a come back though.

To be called 'hard left' in Britain you have to support a living wage and national rail. To be called hard right you have to be Nick Griffin in an SS uniform.

Kingokings204

We helped the EU to evolve to what it is today. Now we ( a portion of the 17,4, a minority) are saying that it is evil and imposing things upon us which we actually were in favour of at various times. We actually had a good deal being a member with a couple of get out clauses and a rebate. Now you are annoyed that we cannot have our cake and eat it. We wouldn’t be in this mess and divided if the Tories hadn’t held an advisory referendum and then insisted on carrying out it‘s result.

The article 50 was worded in part by Lord Kerr who says he never thought the U.K. would leave. He was thinking, in 2002, that the people who may leave would do so because of not liking the freedom of speech, freedom of the press and democracy guarantees of the EU. People on the extreme right. Shows how far we have moved to the right as to put is into the same general direction as these people. These principles are still our principles, but somehow we have ended up alongside the extreme right wing eurosceptics.

Farage has even held a speech for a party that doesn’t want to be told who to remember ( the words of the AFD ), meaning memorials to victims of the holocaust. Or the disgrace of having a major holocaust memorial in Berlin ( again their words). I never dreamt that one of our politicians (MEP ) would be celebrating leaving the EU and then offering his „services“ to a party criticising, and seeking to ban, the „stumbling stones“ placed in the street before the houses of people who were dragged away and sent to death camps never to return. But, the scum, hero of millions of leavers ( not all ), did just that at the invitation of the granddaughter of a member of Hitler’s cabinet.

The association of a major leave campaigner, now threatening to go back to the front if he feels Brexit is being betrayed, with such people and such views is a far cry from the Britain that I grew up in. Some people claim on here that I am out of touch with the real feelings in Britain. Maybe I am, if that is how far people in the U.K. are prepared to sink in order to leave a Europe built to protect us against such scum.

How is 17.4m voting leave a minority?

Brighton Sky Blue

You mean this?

'He argued that he had been referring to an agreement between German Zionists and the Nazi government in 1933. “You can’t expel someone for stating historical fact".'

It's not disputed that the Nazis were initially looking at some kind of Jewish relocation and moved on to a policy of genocide once the war couldn't be won immediately. Whether or not there was a formal deal as he describes it is a different matter, but I fail to see where he has shown support for Hitler anywhere in his comments.

Grendel

You mean this?

'He argued that he had been referring to an agreement between German Zionists and the Nazi government in 1933. “You can’t expel someone for stating historical fact".'

It's not disputed that the Nazis were initially looking at some kind of Jewish relocation and moved on to a policy of genocide once the war couldn't be won immediately. Whether or not there was a formal deal as he describes it is a different matter, but I fail to see where he has shown support for Hitler anywhere in his comments.

Unbelievable so you disagree with the Jewish labour MP’s who want him out, the much respected Lord Winston and David Baddiel who find his views abhorrent?

clint van damme

Unbelievable so you disagree with the Jewish labour MP’s who want him out, the much respected Lord Winston and David Baddiel who find his views abhorrent?

he is out as it stands so was punished. Should his ban have been permanent? That's up for debate.
I would have thought Bob Blackman should have been suspended from the tories this week but certain times of discrimination seem acceptable.

Grendel

he is out as it stands so was punished. Should his ban have been permanent? That's up for debate.
I would have thought Bob Blackman should have been suspended from the tories this week but certain times of discrimination seem acceptable.

Labour are supposed to be progressive and inclusive. There is no doubt he should have been expelled given his long history of issues with the Jewish community.

BSB comment is staggering that he agrees with such nonsense.

clint van damme

Labour are supposed to be progressive and inclusive. There is no doubt he should have been expelled given his long history of issues with the Jewish community.

BSB comment is staggering that he agrees with such nonsense.

i don't think some of livingstones comments are antisemitic, for example the concentration camp guard remark, it is however highly offensive when aimed at a Jewish person.
The comment he was suspended for was as BSB pointed out factually correct. He is currently under investigation for other remarks so his suspension may be extended.
The arrogance he displays in thinking he can just say what he wants reminds me of that other offensive buffoon Boris, ironic that they both ended up as Mayor of London.

Grendel

i don't think some of livingstones comments are antisemitic, for example the concentration camp guard remark, it is however highly offensive when aimed at a Jewish person.
The comment he was suspended for was as BSB pointed out factually correct. He is currently under investigation for other remarks so his suspension may be extended.
The arrogance he displays in thinking he can just say what he wants reminds me of that other offensive buffoon Boris, ironic that they both ended up as Mayor of London.

It was factually incorrect. Mein Kampf focussed in hatred for Jewish communities and in particular the desire to return to a homeland - for which the term Zionism was introduced. What Livingstone refers to is actually the Ha’avaraa agreement which was an arrangement when a very tiny amount of Jews were transported to Palestine - a transportation which involved robbing all of the 30,000 who went of all their possessions, beating and torture. At the same time he had embarked on removing all Jews from their positions of employment and concentration camps had already been put in place. Hitler on entering power referred to Jews as germs and diseased. Beatings, raoe and murder were entirely legitimate the minute he entered power.

Livingstone made a disgusting statement to try and legitimise the regime based on one act with a fraction of Jews all of whom were brutalised. As early as 1983 Livingstone was viewed as an anti Semite

Shame on anyone trying to justify his statement.

clint van damme

It was factually incorrect. Mein Kampf focussed in hatred for Jewish communities and in particular the desire to return to a homeland - for which the term Zionism was introduced. What Livingstone refers to is actually the Ha’avaraa agreement which was an arrangement when a very tiny amount of Jews were transported to Palestine - a transportation which involved robbing all of the 30,000 who went of all their possessions, beating and torture. At the same time he had embarked on removing all Jews from their positions of employment and concentration camps had already been put in place. Hitler on entering power referred to Jews as germs and diseased. Beatings, raoe and murder were entirely legitimate the minute he entered power.

Livingstone made a disgusting statement to try and legitimise the regime based on one act with a fraction of Jews all of whom were brutalised. As early as 1983 Livingstone was viewed as an anti Semite

so if he was referring to the Ha’avaraa agreement does that make his comment antisemitic?

Grendel

so if he was referring to the Ha’avaraa agreement does that make his comment antisemitic?

Oh yes very much so - read up on it and read up on ken Livingstone

clint van damme

Oh yes very much so - read up on it and read up on ken Livingstone

I'm not defending him, a lot of his comments skirt very close to the line without crossing it, but when you do it as often as he does you have to think they're doing it on purpose.
For example, his comments defending antisemitic comments made by others in the Labour party, in my opinion, wasn't itself antisemitic but it trivialised it and missed the point completely.
Like I say, his modus operandi is exactly like Boris, different ends of the political spectrum but both arrogant load mouths.

Grendel

I'm not defending him, a lot of his comments skirt very close to the line without crossing it, but when you do it as often as he does you have to think they're doing it on purpose.
For example, his comments defending antisemitic comments made by others in the Labour party, in my opinion, wasn't itself antisemitic but it trivialised it and missed the point completely.
Like I say, his modus operandi is exactly like Boris, different ends of the political spectrum but both arrogant load mouths.

Andrew Pfeffell Johnson is a bumptious fool. Ken Livingstone is an insidious racist there is a difference.

martcov

Actually you are right, at least about the persecution of the Jews and the small amount allowed out in a special deal. People mention the murder of 6 million jewish people, but forget that that was the final solution. The other crimes were going on years before the mass murder really got going. Even the "little" things were going on, such as Jews having harder tax inspections or the "Credit Reform" ( rating agency ) giving Jews a deliberately worse credit rating making financing more expensive or not possible. Forcing them to sell their businesses below their value was also carried out. No way were the Nazis being nice to Jews in emigration deals. Just less evil.

Brighton Sky Blue

For this particular statement I don't see what is anti-Semitic about it. However-if he has made other comments out with this investigation which are, obviously he should go.

My issue is as originally stated that anyone criticising Israel at the moment has 'anti-Semite' thrown back at them. The lunatic Netanyahu is especially bad for it.

Users who are viewing this thread